Tuesday, September 16, 2008

In the Spirit of Ecumenism

Hope everyone has their vocabulary hats on.
In the Spirit of Ecumenism is today's blog.
Ecumenism? Yeah. It means anything relating to all churches of one particular religion. So, all Christian churches, all Jewish Synagogues, etc.
I told myself during the last religious blog review, like the last anorexic blog, that I'd never do another one of these fuckers again.
But this one is so over the top bad. I mean look at it. The avatar is a Precious Moments cartoon.
PRECIOUS MOMENTS, GUYS. HOW CAN I PASS THIS UP?
The Blood Drive was good :) Just about everyone played their part in ensuring that the event went smoothly. God did the rest! Grin.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
I thank my gay partner for the logistical support, and geraldine for persevering despite the fact that she was on night duty the day before.

That's kind of surprising. I mean I'm sure gays are just as likely to be illogical as anyone else, but he seems kind of-- what's the term-- overly religious. I was expecting a "THE BIBLE SAYS IT'S UNCLEAN SO IT MUST BE TRUE" rhetoric running through this.
Decided to take some time off to relax and all, so I turned on my PS3 and began hammering Resistance: Fall of Man.

Hey, hey, what's a PS3 have in common with a DVD player?
No games.
I realized something while I was playing then, and it wasn't the first time that such an occurrence happened. Every time I play any computer game these days, I will constantly experience this probing from God that makes me feel uneasy. It is as though He is trying to tell me that my time can be better spent elsewhere. For instance, spending quiet moments with Him.

Need to reflect.

So God wants you to stop watching Talladega Nights on your PS-Triple and spend time sitting there like a lemon? If that were my god, I'd be looking for a new deity posthaste.
To "just love." Easier said than done. But nevertheless, I will try and try and try and try. Not with my own strength, but with the strength of Jesus and with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Maybe if you actually tried instead of just sitting around waiting for a dead guy to do it for you it'd get done.
Do not judge a person by his appearance; judge him neither by his character. Do not judge. Just love.

Ha, ha, ha what hypocrisy. You judge constantly. Nothing wrong with it-- it's a defensive mechanism. If a fidgety fuck tapped on your car window while you were sitting at a stop light with an axe handle and asked for a ride, would you let him in?
You guide me in everything I do Lord, but why are you silent when it comes to relationships?

Perhaps it's time you embraced a new deity. I hear Mithras is having a deal-- CONVERT NOW, FREE SPOUSE WITH CONVERSION! Also he has reasonable contracts.
This random question popped to mind when I was in camp today: "What can a person do for you that would make you really really happy?"

I've been asking myself this question over and over again, but honestly, I can't think of any answer. Weird me. Haha. I wonder what other people would say?

I'd say I make my own happiness.

But I believe that God has a reason for everything, including what awaits us.

Including all those still borns and amputees? What purpose could he have for horribly crippling some people and not others?
Bingo. Right on target. Doing what God asks of me, without needing to understand why. A step of faith.

God's telling me he wants you to give me all your money.
It's okay you don't need to know why, since faith will guide you.

Sigh... sad news.

That's the whole post. Maybe you should have gone on instead of your typical ramblings about Jesus and how he's telling you to put your penis in the salad bar at Pizza Hut.
Now he lists his (?) blessings from today. Let's go through them and see who we should be praising.
1. The bus stop has seats that don't creak.

Thank you whoever serviced the bus.

2. The bus stop is clean and free from vermin and litter.

Thank you, ye who cleans yon bus stop.

3. The bus stop is lit!
4. The roads are brightly and evenly lit!
5. Traffic lights work just fine.

PRAISE BE TO ELECTRICITY!
This goes on so I'm skipping.

12. I have money to pay for my bus trip.


GLORY TO YOURSELF, HE WHO EARNS THE MONEY.

I choose to leave the theological stuff for God to settle. You never know, maybe He purposely didn't give us enough wisdom to fully comprehend the scriptures because He wanted us to learn how to place our differences aside, and learn to work with each other DESPITE THE FACT THAT THERE ARE QUESTIONS LINGERING AT THE BACK OF OUR MINDS.

Yeah that must be the reason none of this makes sense. That has to be it!
Oh you religious types always interest me. What possesses people to post like this? I know plenty of people who believe in some sort of deity but none of them talk like this. Is it genuine fear that if even one thought deviates from their chosen deity something bad will happen?
Seems a tad obsessive, don't you think? I'm sure if there is a God (I don't think there is but let's assume for sake of conversation) he would want you, his creation, to be happy. Therefore go on and watch Talladega Nights on your PS-Triple. After all, if he didn't want you to have it, he would not have provided it for you, right? By your own logic he's guiding literally every detail of your life. Maybe you're a video game to him. That has to be it! Try to stay interesting so he won't delete all the doors and the toilets from your house just to watch the tears roll down your cheeks.
Okay that's it no more religious blogs. Can't stand another SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED TO ME JESUS MUST BE TEACHING ME A LESSON noonsense post.

No comments: