Monday, September 29, 2008

It's Go Time

Mondays around this time of year are usually dark prospects, because most schools had testing last week. Since everyone updating a LiveJournal/DeadJournal is invariably in one the entries for Mondays can usually be summarized like this:
I FAILED ALL MY TESTS BECAUSE _____________________!
Where the blank is a series of excuses.
So hold onto your hats, people, because we're about to take a plunge.
I think I found a winner.
This is from an Istra-Chan.
One thing you never do in Japanese is give yourself or anyone you're introducing an honorific title such as that, but this is LiveJournal I'm talking about.
Why don't you do this? Besides being grammatically incorrect, it's uncouth. Two things LiveJournal is very uncomfortable with: being grammatically accurate and being polite.
Let's analyze this sentence. I'm going to pretend this is a test worth ten points, and each grammatical mistake or something that needs clarified is one point off.
I did pull a 9-day week last, so that's kinda understandable tho'. I am really crazy full scheule. Heh. but that's okay. I'm doing okay, actually. I'm really tired, but ... I'm doing okay.

last what? -1
what's understandable? -1
though. -1
"I am really crazy full scheule." Two points off, one for spelling mistake and one for not even being a coherent idea.
5/10. In all schools I know of that's a failing grade. Her entire blog is written like this.
So now that her grammar is out of the way I can continue.
So where is all this going? All this rambling about being too busy and shit can only lead a few places, but I bet you'll never guess where:
It's interesting, 'cause I'm really just gaining victory in the Lord right now. He feels really close to me, and I'm just running to Him for everything. As if I had a choice to do otherwise. XD I *know* I can't handle this stuff on my own.

Holy. Shit. I actually did a double take when I first read this. I had no idea this would wind back around and become an entry about Jesus.
That's one thing that always amazes me about the religious. They can spin literally anything into being about their chosen deity.
There's been so much these past few days that have forced me to remember what he has done for me. He has forgiven me! I mean ... wow. When I think on that ... it doesn't matter that I'm lonely, that I don't know what's going to happen. he FORGAVE me of stuff that shoulda' never been forgiven.

Like? That's the thing about these Christfags. They always say GOD FORGAVE ME FOR SINS NO ONE CAN FORGIVE! But they never really have an example, or it's something that everyone does. So that's one thing I always take away from this. Religion: where you have to feel sorry for being human.
It's probably shit like the original sin, which in terms of marketing is probably the single most brilliant marketing move in the history of the world. The clergy actually has people believing they're guilty of something that happened millenia before they were born, and the only way to cleanse themselves of that sin is to donate to the Church early and donate often.
Also while I'm on the subject of the one true God (grammar): "should have". Is it really that hard? Or shit, if you want a contraction, "should've" it's one more key than you already type "shoulda'" and as far as I'm concerned you have the difficult part down: the apostrophe.
Here's something she drew. I'm rather impressed. She has more talent than I expected.
just traced pics tho', so it's stupid. >_<

Oh. Well, I'm impressed with someone's talent, then.
Bleh. S'funny, my cousin was like, "I wish I could end up feeling like you do at the end of your journals, hopeful and trustting in God and stuff. I never do feel hopeful or very trusting. It's just ... y'know ... the truth. Even though I'm still miserable and feel awful and stressed ... doesn't change the FACTS:

What facts? Your cousin is smart not to trust in an invisible man who, if he does exist, doesn't want to appear like he exists. Also trust, like respect, is something to be earned.
Lessee ... my laptop got a disgusting infection. RANDOM HARD P0RN OCCURANCES! srsly. I closed it, walked downstairs and deposited it with my brother for a washing in bleach and lye soap.

He said something infected the kernel, so >_> he ordered XP off ebay and is going to install the whole system again.^_^

Jesus fucking Christ what did you install?
XD

And stayed up till 1 am! trying to LEVEL! NOW I AM RUNNING ON 5 HOURS 20 MINUTES OF SLEEP! HAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAH!! You will all fear the manaicle sleep deprivation that IS ISTRA! Dun dun dun ...

Jesus.
What are you leveling?
Thundie, I am now at lvl 49 @ 46% Maybe I'll be stupid again tonight (since I don't have to get up tomorrow) and level to 50. *evil eyes* I want to get to 51, 'cause I have an awesome new staff that is lvl limit 51. :3

Levels go past 50 so that rules out WAR. Uhhh... Could be Final Fantasy XI since that goes to 75, but that seems unlikely because that requires thought to play.
I'd guess World of Warcraft, let's be real.
+ Shakespear rocked.

Shakespeare

+ Bethany is coming with baby Aleric (we hope) and I am thrilled.

Aleric? Seriously? Sounds like something from The Lord of the Rings.
Baby Aleric's new name is Baby... Albert. That's a good name.
I'm lonely.

Considering how annoyed I am by you just reading your blog I can't possibly imagine why.
Next update is one entitled "Thought for the Day" which I know to be fucking radical.
"Good advice is rarely taken."

err...

"Winning the battle doesn't always mean rushing out to fight. Sometimes it means staying your ground."

Wh--

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.”

I guess you go to different Thought for the Day archives than the ones I frequent. Here was mine for today:
  • Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Which cheered me up immensely. Or if that's not your speed, here's one I'm sure we can both agree kicks ass:
  • Damnation is Eternal.
I don't even believe in damnation.
"Lord, don't let me lose this battle. I don't want to be depressed today. I know I have joy in you. But I don't think I'm going to win and be cheerful today."
Going on a crusade against the heathen kings, huh? I hear that Salah ad-Din Yusuf ibn Ayyub is like god tier difficulty. I think the Christian armies call him Saladin. But don't worry you have King Richard on your side, so that's like two titans fighting it out. Good ol' King Dick.
We stayed up too late playing video games. :3 (TWEWY) Then, the next morning he woke up early, and I let him play some more. (So I could sleep. hee hee.)
beltanzipper.jpg
. . .
I shoulda' been a nun.

Cryptic.

One of those kinds that don't believe in technology I hope.
There are nuns like that, right?
For anyone who thought I was overly cynical about the Church stealing your money, behold:
For those of you who don't know, I've really been struggling with finances. My paycheck is small, and will ... disappear over the summer. I've been really worrying about how I'll make it. I've made a commitment to pay my tithe, even though that means $100 less a month.

(For those of you who don't know, 'tithe' is 10%. This was a mandate given to the Isrealites after they left Egypt. So, 10% of my monthly income is $110 ...)

Awesome. Hey, tithe to me. I'm a good charity.
I thought about it, and I said, "Okay, God, I could really use that tithe money, but ... I said I'd tithe, and I'm will. You are going to have to provide for me."

Just now, I found an unmarked envelope with my name on it on my desk. Someone had given me $37!!! They said, "God just laid it on my heart to give you this. It isn't much, but I hope this will be an encouragement for you."

So you donate 110 dollars to God, then he gives you 37 back? Sounds like God is a dipping son of a bitch.
You know I asked the Old Gods, that is, the ones who were there before your upstart God came on scene if they wanted money, but there was no response.
So I have to assume they're good.
One might wonder what an all-powerful, all-knowing being would be doing with money or why he can't seem to keep a simple budget together (37 isn't even half of 110) but then again this isn't my deity we're talking about.
the rosebush reached out and protested. I have honorable war wounds now. They're quite gruesome, actually.

Honorable wounds are only on the front. I'm not saying they aren't, but I'm just telling you.
Other than that.... well, I'm pretty busy. I just finished practicieng the piano.

Whoa, easy there. I'm not sure if I've ever seen someone bungle "practicing" that hard before. That's beyond a typo-- that's a SUPER typo.
So that about covers it. It goes earlier, of course, but I'm tired of writing this so~

1 comment:

NygaardBrian said...

that's not even hand traced. It's traced in photoshop. if she's so fucking busy why would she spend what I assume was at least 3 hours tracing an inspirational image the likes of which I haven't seen since the high school library?