Wednesday, October 31, 2012

TIME TO GROOOOW THE FUCK UP

So you've decided to post to ONTD_P.
Why would you make such a monumentally stupid choice with your life?
You could do literally anything with your time.
Literally anything.
I know what some people are thinking: "Livejournal is fun. This wasn't a waste of my time." Ignoring the fact if you think Livejournal is fun you're an aberration begging for the apocalypse this falls handily into the "my time is free" fallacy. You could maximize your enjoyment by doing something much less annoying with your time.
Like writing fanfiction and emphatically not posting it to the internet, thereby saving me hassle.
But nope, here we are.
This blog is called ♥ Kerri ♥.
♥ Kerri ♥.
That's the internet equivalent of dotting your Is with hearts.
Some of the girls in the class I teach now do that but they're 16 so I cut them some slack.
Some but not a lot because come the fuck on.
So... Am I missing something, or does iTunes not offer full series sets? Like, as far as I can tell, Buffy and The West Wing would cost me $280 each.
HAHAHAHA WOW BUYING DVDs
Not that I'm planning on buying them, because I own the box sets, but I was just curious. Great way for them to earn money, if they don't sell series as sets, I have to say... 
Yes, just what Apple needs more of.
Also thanks a pant load for cutting all my music off halfway through the song, iTunes. I really appreciate that. Almost makes me wonder why I bothered backing my shit up in the first place--
ha, ha just kidding I'm never buying from iTunes again. Not that I bought from iTunes regularly anyway but you know you maybe lost 5 whole dollars a year from me.
Good job, assholes.
So... My little sister turned 29 today. My baby sister, that is. It just make me realise how close we were born together... Kristy was born in Sept of '82, and Toni in October of '83. I was in January of '81. So not even three full years between the three of us. o_O 
And still dotting your Is with hearts.
Shipping Ollie and his sister, y/y? 
Incest fanfic
why the fuck not
Also, if you haven't already heard it, Skyfall, the new Bond theme, sung by Adele. 
Welppppp.
I know what I'm not seeing now.
This song is amazing. It sort of creeps up on you, imo. Her voice is lyrical and haunting, and then you have the solid depth that usually accompanies a Bond theme. I may or may not have listened to it a few times today. :P 
I guess I can interrupt what I'm listening to for this.
Wow this is really not what I want to hear from a Bond theme.
What, is Bond getting sensitive on me?
Fucking
why does everything have to be for the fanfic audience now?
Why can't Bond just be about being a cool spy and violence and banging chicks?
Can there be nothing cool anymore?
Sigh. Work is so depressing right now! We were really busy, so they've pulled my group to go back on the phones. On the one hand, this is good - commission and overtime, which is something that I'm always for, of course. On the other hand, this sucks. :/ It reminds me of why I was so burned out a few months ago - the constant dealing with people who are kind of entitled (see the guy who demanded I credit him $150 because he's been without internet and email for one day. ONE DAY.)
Pretty sure if I told my cellphone provider the bill was just ONE DAY late they'd hit me with a fine.
Hm.

I know because I'm Canadian I might be missing some stuff about the Romney platform as opposed to the Obama one.

But is 'I'll give the wealthy tax cuts and that'll create jobs, yay!' really about the only idea that he's suggested?
No he said some other shit.
I'm just glad I have work Tuesday.
I found the one school in the state that has school on Election Day/Veterans Day and I'm going.
Oh sorry bro can't vote gotta go to work.
Oh shit I'm gone from like 9:30-6 can't quite make it sorry mate gotta do this thing--
I'm sure Mittens would understand. I can't be the 46% that are victims or whatever he said and I'm sure Obama would understand because someone has to pay for this welfare state.
Incidentally why does the state tax me?
The state pays me.
I keep seeing stuff about how what Obama is doing isn't working, yadda yadda yadda, but I haven't come across any articles that indicate what he should be doing differently, or what the Republicans will do. 
Give me total control of the state for 15 years and I'll fix everything.
I keep seeing stuff that goes on and on about jobs and how the economy is the driving factor, but then all the comments that I see on articles out there that support the Republicans seem to focus on..less spending,  
I mean Mittens is probably going to be a shitty president too (assuming he gets elected) but that is generally smart. To not spend money you don't have, that is.
Except normally job creation requires more spending... 
>Job creation requires spending
No it doesn't you fucking idiot haven't you ever heard of a free market?
Is there something obvious that I'm missing?
Yeah. If you make it affordable for businesses (protip: your definition of affordable and a corporation's definition of affordable differ) to do business in the US they won't go to China.
The only problem is everyone is living in a fantasy world of magic and unicorns if they think those jobs are coming back.
Because they're not.
So instead we should be focusing on new industries and new opportunities but we're not because OH SHIT THE ECONOMY SUCKS.
Can't take risks with all the money we don't have.
So your options are spend more money we don't have on make work jobs that contribute precisely dick (Obama's solution) or let the stranglehold of the weak and lazy wealthy strengthen to bring back jobs that aren't coming and won't provide a quality of life for anyone that'll do them.
Seriously is this shit that confusing for you retards?
No wonder the economy is so fucked up. It's filled with people like you.
Harry Potter retrospective. Sigh. This fandom will always hold a piece of my heart - a lot of these scenes still give me chills. <3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">
This woman is in her 30s. I want everyone to remember this.
Trigger warnings for general discussion of the Penn State child abuse scandal. 
I've firmly attached my labels.
Is Sandusky the biggest culprit in all of this? Absolutely. Does he deserve to have the most of our scorn and hatred? Absolutely. Are people such as Joe Paterno and others who kept things quiet deserving of our scorn and punishemnt? Absolutely
Taking the controversial stance here, I see.
It infuriates me to see people bleating about the poor players, the poor school, poor 'Joepa's legacy', etc etc etc.

What part of cover up of child abuse do these people not GET? 
Really the Penn State fans should be thankful I wasn't in charge.
"Well this cancer seems to cut right to the core. Better burn it all to the ground to be safe."
I feel there's enough blame to go around, too. Time to liquidate the entire athletic department and don't let me catch wind that other departments knew about this, too.
But instead I am going to talk about Fifty Shades of Grey, because a whole bunch of my coworkers are reading it and I am becoming increasingly disturbed by this phenomenon. 
I know right the writing fucking sucks.
I can't believe you idiots keep eating this shit up.
What do I mean "I can't believe it"?
I perfectly well believe it.
These books are not just bad writing. These books are a cesspool of misogyny and rape culture and abuse, and pretty much the epitome of why people think that people who like BDSM are fucked up and that there's a lot wrong with it.
That's--
Uhh--
People who are into BDSM are people, too.
That's--
Some kind of discrimination I'm sure.
There is something wrong with this picture. This is not funny. This is not just bad writing. This is dangerous. How do I know? Because I hear my coworkers talking at work - and they are smart, funny, intelligent women, and they think these books are amazing!
OH NO PEOPLE HAVE FANTASIES THAT DIFFER FROM MINE!
It's one thing to not think that the writing is bad, it's another to not recognize an abusive asshole when you read about him/see him. It's another to find this character hot, because while the protest is often that women would ~see the difference~ outside of a book, I'm not at all confident that they would. 
There we have it. "Women are stupid" straight from a woman's mouth.
Personally I trust women to be intelligent and be able to clearly discern between fantasy and reality.
I'm not sexist, unlike this self loathing woman.
So, George Zimmerman was arrested and charged with 2nd degree murder. I am pleased. I sincerely hope that this plays out for justice for the Martin family. I am crossing my fingers for compelling evidence and a jury that will be willing to examine the case beyond the SYG law.

Reading reactions on Twitter was...a bit frustrating, to be honest.

1. Casey Anthony. When are people going to let this go? There is no definitive proof, and that is why she walked. Nothing was produced that proved that she had had anything to do with her daughter's death.
Death 'round the clock, I say.
Reading the information about that case made me wonder over and over how people could think that she should have been convicted. Yes, it's pretty damn suspicious, but a lot of innocent people have been wrongfully convicted because they looked pretty damn suspicious. That's why these safeguards are in place.
Not to help justice in her need would be an impiety.
- Plato
ARE YOU SMARTER THAN PLATO?
 So the newest information regarding the Trayvon Martin case says that he and Zimmerman got into a 'scuffle' and that Zimmerman told the police that he 'acted in self defense'.

A few points.

a) Zimmerman is the one who started this whole chain of events by following - against police instruction - Trayvon with no other reason beyond 'he looked suspicious' (or black)

b) Trayvon is not here to defend himself whatsoever because he's, you know, dead. As such we have no idea who initiated the physical contact. I'm sure Zimmerman's story is that Trayvon somehow initiated it, though.
Didn't you just excuse Casey Anthony on similar grounds?
Surely you are interested in justice and not just in seeing your rainbow coalition protected?
If you are not for justice you are its bitter enemy.
c) At the end of the day, Zimmerman had a firearm and Trayvon did not. (For the record, this is why I hate guns.)
>Not arming yourself while wandering through the hood
welp.
To be honest, I really don't care if Trayvon got sick of Zimmerman following him and jumped him - the fact remains that Zimmerman had no reason to be suspicious of the boy, was warned not to follow him, and shot and killed him when he was unarmed. That's murder, in my mind. 
I wonder whatever happened to that case?
I should check.
No wait don't care. Just remembered.
Writing about this now, since I didn't get to it last night.

Ahh, I just love the smell of misogyny in the morning, don't you? Or not.

Seanan McGuire is the author of Feed and many other wonderful books, and she has a new book coming out on March 6th. 
That book is legit.
If you haven't read it you should.
I'll admit when it comes to writers my book shelf is 99% male authors but she gets a pass.
There's also a woman Warhammer author that's pretty new and she's been doing some pretty awesome audio dramas. I think she even wrote Butcher's Nails which is probably in my top 10 favorite Warhammer stories.
Those two get a pass at least.
I DUNNO ABOUT OTHERS.
HEH WOMEN.

No comments: