Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thanks for that I guess

Trigger warning after the article.
THE DAMAGE WAS ALREADY DONE.
My delicate labels
irreparably damaged.
Registered sex offenders in California are suing to block a Simi Valley law that would keep them from putting up Halloween decorations and require them to display a "No Candy or Treats" sign. WNBC's Ted Chen reports.
Whatashame.
"It's similar to Jews in Nazi Germany who had to wear the yellow star on their clothing," Bellucci said.
That's a good point.
Not being able to give candy to children during a holiday invented for the purpose of giving candy to children while being a known child rapist is totally equivalent to the Holocaust.
I'm really glad we had this dialogue. You're a great lawyer.
The Simi Valley measure is part of a trend of increasing strict restrictions on the activities of convicted sex offenders who have "paid their debt to society," Bellucci said.

Her organization intends to begin filing lawsuits to challenge other statutes, she said.
If this were my court here's how I'd handle her lawsuit.
Shoot one of the sex offenders then ask that.
And don't fucking come at me with "oh but this one innocent kid" fuck that, don't be skeevy and don't pretend that the sex offender registry is full of wallowing innocents. Yeah, the system discriminates against some people--mostly those who are engaging in survival sex work or women like the hypothetical 14 year old sending pictures of herself--but the system doesnt give a shit about those people anyway, and "enabling pedophiles and flashers" isn't the way to fix that.
"Yeah the system does discriminate against some people"
THUS SPAKE ONTD_P.
That's a really surprising stance for them to take, quite frankly.
These are the same people that suggested if you're against gay marriage you should be killed in real life.
"Oh some innocent people are harmed BUT WHATEVER IT DOES MORE GOOD THAN HARM" now we're walking down my political alley.
I think you came to the wrong rodeo, milk drinkers.
Seriously, I am always just ... non-plussed about the plight of rapists, flashers, and child molesters. Oh, you can't have pumpkins on your house, how sad.
My problem is a flasher is lumped in with a rapist and a child molester.
The guy's an asshole but these crimes clearly aren't equivalent.
Anyway, onto blogs.
In an awesome turn of events, I have turned Animorphs fan-fiction into ethnographic study which makes fan-fiction and the fan-fiction community my semester-long assignment! 
You know I spent half my day substituting for a creative writing class where the writing quality was cuttingly close to fanfiction. Do I really want to do this in my spare time?
I'm not blaming them because they're 16 and I wrote some embarrassing shit when I was 16 and at least they have the common decency to not put it on the internet but that excuse kind of wears out when you're graduating college and still writing fanfiction.
Fucking
Animorphs fanfiction.
How bottom of the barrel is this shit?
A friend and I went to the (local, organic, friendly) pet store to get cat supplies and there were little baby tortoises there. They could fit in the palm of your hand. I mean, google "baby tortoises" and you'll see what I mean, if you didn't already know. 
Local, organic, friendly.
The triumvirate of "pandering to twats".
I am catching up on her at the moment, which is awesome.

The blood bank called to tell me it's time to donate again, and while I was on the phone with them anyway I asked them if I even could donate because was in South America for several months. I was switched to another person who took some details, but they couldn't answer tonight so they've said they will call tomorrow.
Wait.
This is all very familiar.
Fuck it I already did this blog.
FUCK EVERYTHING I QUIT.

No comments: