Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dick Futtbuck

HULULULULUL
If you plan to vote for Mitt Romney, "Please Defriend Me."
HURRRRRRRRR
Please defriend me.

If you plan to vote for Mitt Romney, you are putting a nail into my civil rights coffin, and I'd rather not have friends who think I deserve anything less than equal treatment under the law. Romney supports DOMA (which directly and negatively impacts me, restricting my partner Russ, our kids, and my federal protections and tax benefits under the law), and has noted his support for an anti-marriage equality amendment as well.

While you may see your vote for him as one about the economy (and we can debate who'd be better for that until the cows come home), what you intend by your vote really doesn't matter. Your vote means that you are supporting someone who not only thinks I'm not equal to you, but who works vigorously to ensure my "less-than" legal status. Your vote for him means that you are totally fine with me being treated with disrespect.
Glad to see you made my decision to keep my interests at heart about you.
I don't want to be friends with someone who has their head that far up their own ass anyway. Good riddance.
I wouldn't even vote for Mittens because he vows to cut the education budget.
Not that Obama hasn't--
If you're an educator fucking kill yourself because your choices are especially dire.
Anyway that was the ONTD_P article on to the bullshit:
I want to try Glitch, but it requires me to name myself before I design what I look like, and that’s very backwards to me. Don’t want to be stuck with a name that doesn’t fit forever

I know, I know, my problems are HUUUUUGE.
What?
Whoooo doesn't have their character name picked out far in advance of making it?
I literally have no clue what this is but what?
Character Gerbil? The Cuttlefish of Irrelevant Interludes?

We all know there are plot bunnies, which are prone to grabbing the attention of even diligent writers and lead them off into the proverbial bushes, but I myself have never caught sight of a plot bunny. I’ve never even seen a subplot hare.
...
What?
I've been writing and playing video games forever and I have no clue what the fuck I'm reading.
Are we speaking the same language?
Am I dying?
Last night I had serious stress dreams about showing up late for jury duty this morning, but the bike ride was even quicker than I'd guessed and I was 25 minutes early. It was very exciting -- we watched a little movie, and sat in two different rooms, and, I used the bathroom three times, and then we were sent home because the first defendant decided to plea guilty and the second never showed up.

The judge overheard me talking to the woman next to me as we left about whether we could play hooky from work in good conscience, and he said "As far as I'm concerned, you were in court the whole day!" 
Thanks for wasting my fucking time with this garbage, judge.
Why can't judges irl be like Judge Dredd?
Oh thanks judge. As far as you're concerned I was in court all day.
Know what happens when I'm in court all day and not at my job?
Yeah I don't get paid.
Imagine I kidnap you for 8 hours so you can't go to your job.
I'd be in jail right now.
But nope, when the US government does it it's perfectly okay.
I bought eyeshadow yesterday!

AND I'M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT IT.

*checks to see if anyone who knows her in meat-space has fainted yet*
This is what I'm pulling from this blog.
This, by extension, is the best thing to comment on and therefore the most interesting.
You don't even want to know what was on the three pages I skipped.

Starting yesterday, non-state-run stores were allowed to start selling hard alcohol in Washington. I've been generally for this change solely on ethical grounds -- there's a clear conflict in having the agency in charge of regulation be the same agency that sells the product, so separating those seemed like a good idea. For a lot of people, though, it was apparently about the price of their booze.
Oh know what happens when you give up distribution and stick only to regulation?
You've broken up your own monopoly.
Just to reiterate: it's okay when the government does it but not when you do it.
Hey, space-friends!

I have a novel idea slowly, slowly percolating in my brain: I know who the main character* is but not her name. I know how the setting feels but not its details or mechanics. I know how some of the side-characters are related but not how they influence the story (because "Plot? What plot? We ain't got no 'plots' here, no sir!" is still my main story-failing).
... How can you not know these things?
Did you not think about them?
I mean it's a product of your brain. Logically the only--
fuck it.
Not doing this shit tonight.
Wow this blog is really boring.
I guess when you update twice a day every day for years you run out of things to say.
Anyway I gotta get up tomorrow so GOODBYE FRIENDS.

No comments: