Wednesday, August 10, 2011

SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFF

Today's blogger person writes Xenosaga fanfiction.
I wasn't aware anyone else played Xenosaga, let alone thought enough of it to write fanfiction.
Oh well, here we are.
Xenosaga. You know, that retarded bastard child of Xenogears? That game everyone thought was deep and really complex but turned out to just be a bunch of technobabble and plotholes?
Yeah, that one.
My writing has been pretty sluggish this summer. I don't know if it's because of the heat or me being just plain busy (maybe a combo of both). My troublesome Jr./MOMO Xenosaga WIP is currently at a standstill, so I'm setting it aside for a while. Sorry, but the story just isn't coming out the way I'd like it.

"Sorry but the story just isn't coming out the way I'd like it" is what I imagine the writers of Xenosaga said at every single planning meeting during that game's production so I believe that's par for the course on anything Xeno- related.
Did I mention the spiritual successor to Xenosaga, Xenoblade, won't be translated and will therefore be destined for Japan only?
And that's somehow a loss for American audiences?
I'll let that sink in for a moment.
That's how bankrupt the Wii's library is.
I'd like to mention Xenosaga itself is the spiritual successor to Xenogears. We have a spiritual successor to a spiritual successor. Maybe your idea just isn't that good?
Instead, I'm focussing on two one-shot WIPs. There's a very good chance that I'll publish my Pokemon one-shot (the aforementioned story set during the Lucario movie [Movie 8]).

Oh boy, Pokemon fanfiction.
Just what my life has been lacking.

*Random rant ahead* You have been warned!

I've been saving up my money for the final DVD set for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

... I'm sorry to interrupt your rant about nothing but what is your avatar for this post?
It looks-- hmm.
Take a look at this.

Surely I'm not the only person that thinks this looks like a girl going down on a guy.
Oh, ha ha-- I see it now.
That is some incoherent art.
Proceed.

I'm uber excited over the series' grand finale. I reserved myself a copy at MovieStop. When I preordered the DVD back in May, the release date was supposed to be last Tuesday. It didn't come in. Websites claim the release date was bumped to August 2nd. No luck today. I called MovieStop and they claim the set's coming out NEXT Tuesday!

I'm sorry didn't Full Metal Alchemist end like eight years ago?
I haven't been keeping up with anime.

So in a nutshell, Game/MovieStop...I'm pissed with you guys. The only reason I do business with them is because they've got the monopoly on used/rare video games and DVDs,

Rare video games--
Gamestop--
No--
No.

In other random, ranty news: the DVD business seems hell-bent on draining my wallet. "Supernatural: The Anime Series" came out this week on DVD (and my local Best Buy is charging $44.99 for it!!

You bought anime? Wooooow! I can't belieeeeeeeeeeeeeve it! What a l-looooooser!

Plus, I've been saving up my money since, like, May for next week's release of "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part Five." *_* Eee! I can't wait to see the series' grand finale!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE fucking hell.

Which book would you want to see turned into a videogame?

Dante's Inferno.
Oh right.
Yeah that already happened.
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.
And what a good game that was.
I think.

Frankly, as much as I adore video games, I think that most game adaptations for books are just as good (aka. bad) as movie adaptations. Parasite Eve (loosely based on its Japanese novel -- of which I haven't yet read) is one of my favorite games, so I'm not saying "all" book-based games suck.

Well having read the book and played the video game do you know what Parasite Eve the game has in common with the book?
About as much as Dante's Inferno.
That is, the title.
But unlike Dante's Inferno where the book was good and the game was good here we have the second greatest book ever written and a mediocre at best action platformer that rips of God of War so hard it might as well be called Kratos' Inferno of War: Ultra Manly Pecs edition.

If manga counts, I always believed Hiroyuki Asada's manga series, "Tegami Bachi"

Tegami Bachi--
Surely my Japanese isn't good enough to translate this or is the title really "Letter Bee"?
That makes even less sense in English, somehow.
Maybe it's "te" as in "hand" and "gami" as in "some word I don't know" and this all makes sense?
("Letter Bee") could be a great adventure JRPG (Japanese role-playing game).

Letter Bee it is.
Why I don't bother with anime anymore.

The manga series takes place in a vast country (Amberground) with all sorts of monsters (Gaichuu) to fight, and when I'm reading the books I sometimes feel like I'm watching gameplay.

Oh a vast country with monsters to fight.
Haven't had one of those games before.

Now, I'm well aware that Konami has released at least one PSP spin-off game for Tegami Bachi (which will probably never get released overseas. Figures). However, instead of cheap spin-offs, I do think Asada's manga could hold potential for a true-blue adventure JRPG series, perhaps a la Dragon Quest. The biggest worry I have, however, is that the video game graphics couldn't possibly match Asada's gorgeous artwork (regardless of HD quality).

>Gorgeous artwork
>manga
Yeah right.
I'm going to Google this.
This sounds awful, just saying.

The "biggest" fic I'm currently working on is a 4-chapter-long(ish) Xenosaga story (what I call my Xenosaga "miniseries"). The fic will be a dama starring Jr. and MOMO (which, I remember promising readers I'd write a Jr./MOMO story, like, two freaking years ago...so this fic is sorta' overdue ^^;). Although I adore their relationship, I have a tough time writing about them (for reasons I don't yet know. Then again, most of my Xenosaga energy goes to Jr. and Albedo, so my limited brain probably can't process much else ^_^;;).

Surely this is a girl.
No way a man could be writing like this.

The rest of my ideas are generally angsty one-shots. One is a Pokemon tragedy set during the Lucario movie, and it's 100% different from all my other Pokemon fanfics.

Because when I think Pokemon, oh yeah, I think angst.
What, are you out of your fucking mind?
So I've recently grown interested in checking out other fandoms (namely for fanfiction, although I've also checked out other fandoms in fanart). I'm still devoted to my top fandoms: Pokemon and Xenosaga, but I've also been unable to ignore a few other series that've captured my one-track mind.

Does this mean I'll write fanfiction for fandoms outside my niches? Nothing is set in stone just yet, so don't get alarmed.

Oh, and I was.
Fucking
fanfiction

An odd mix, I know, but I'm an odd girl, so it's all good. ^_~

Odd girl.
Do I take that at face value?
Sure you're not a WOMAN TRAPPED IN A NECKBEARD'S BODY?
Fucking hell.
Oh-- so she linked her DeviantArt (no one cares) but one of her favorites was this.
One might wonder why someone clearly talented posts their work to DeviantArt but then again I'm not an artist.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's the first entry so I'm officially done early.
Hurray~

No comments: