Friday, September 17, 2010

LAY IT DOWN.

Well, well, well. By now you should know the routine. There's a shitty blog. I'm going to say mean things about it.
This is a good blog because 80% of the posts are writer's blocks. Seriously, why bother posting if you can't come up with anything?
Oh right, Livejournal.
Anyway, here we go.

Does anyone else have really strong scent memory?

No one but you. Smell is only the sense that pretty much bypasses all sensory organs and goes straight to your brain, so of course most people don't remember smells longer than any other memory.
Wait, no--
I always have... I have a lot of smells that remind me of specific events/places/times (vividly, too).

WOW, YOU'RE SOOOO SPECIAL!
Have you guys ever, like, smelt something and then related it to something going in your life at the time? YES? WELL YOU'RE A LYING SACK OF SHIT.
For example, bug spray/citronella always reminds me of Georgia, as does that "woodsy" smell or the "after rain" smell.

WOOOOOOOOOW! I'M FREAKING THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW!

I cannot smell the colognes or body sprays that my exes used to wear because it reminds me so strongly of them I start thinking they're like, standing behind me or something.

I can't smell pizza without thinking of VICTORY because I was at Pizza Hut the first time I leveled a Pokemon to level 100.
... That's a true story, too.
Level 100 Blastoise on Pokemon Blue, hell yeah motherfucker.
Speaking of: I finally acquired Pokemon Black and it crashes after I get through the little intro where I'm talked down to like I haven't been playing these games for 12 years. Great.
THIS IS A POKEMON.
Great, thanks professor lady whose name I've forgotten. I had no idea a game called "Pocket Monsters Black" involved creatures called "Pocket Monsters (also known as 'Pokemon')".

For some reason that cold air/wood burning smell makes me think of Christmas too.

For some reason the holiday that takes place during the cold season reminds you of things that happen in cold weather, brilliant.
For some reason, guys, whenever I see a pool I'm reminded of the smell of chlorine. Is that weird?
Today I sprayed myself with this perfume I used to wear a lot about a year/9 months or so ago. BAD idea. It smells like my old job, and it's seriously freaking me out.

So I'm looking at the Pokemon White ROM in a hex editor. I wonder if I can fix this? It's only a couple of thousand lines of hex, surely I can solve this before people who know what they're doing can.

I had a really crazy dream last night.

So lines a0 and b0 are all 0s. I wonder if that's usual?
So are 160 and 170, so I'm guessing this is the way it's supposed to be based off no other reason than there are a lot of lines like this.
Oh, if only I knew to what these referred I'd be able to figure this out.
Okay, so it started as a roadtrip to my Aunt and Uncle's house in GA (a lot of my dreams start this way, it's my favorite place ever). Except instead of being in a car with just my family, there were a LOT of people going on the trip. And somehow it was a car/truck THING, but there was this HUGE bed in the back... For everyone to sleep on?

Ever notice whenever anyone describes a "really weird dream" they had they always sound mentally handicapped?
Is there any book you can read over and over again without ever getting sick of it? Do you discover something new every time you read it?

The three greatest books ever written: The Odyssey, Inferno and The Count of Monte Cristo.
Any of the Harry Potter books.

Also Harry Potter.
And Twilight.

Any of the Chronicles of Narnia books. Any of the Lord of the Rings books. Maybe it's just a fantasy series thing,

Maybe I'm a fan of the fantasy genre given the three things I listed are fantasies.
Idiot.
No but I used to hate The Lord of the Rings and then I kind of softened on it mostly because of Warhammer (lame reason I know) because everyone was on about what a huge inspiration Lord of the Rings was for Warhammer so I decided to check it out.
They're pretty good books, actually. I think most people don't understand what J.R.R. Tolkien was trying to achieve (nothing new there) but they're definitely world's better than, say, Harry Potter.

GO BUY MY HUSBAND'S BOOK, OK??? YAY!

Let's see--
THE COLD TOWER.
Peace. Prosperity. Freedom. After fifty years it ends.

In the world of Scyllia darkness is coming. The evil sorcerer Enlokirim has risen from the grave, seeking revenge against those that destroyed him. He searches for the Triangles of Power: nine magical stones that are individually powerful, but even more dangerous together.

Amras Oronar, an outcast elf warrior, leads a group of adventurers in hope of stopping Enlokirim.

Oh hey, it's that plot to everything ever.
Remember when that guy made that gay Dark Elf ranger named something impossible to pronounce like Drizzt? Yeah, those were good times. Apparently EVERY NERD EVER agrees, Christ all mighty. OUTCAST ELF WARRIOR HAS TO GATHER MAGICAL MACGUFFINS.
Seriously could you come up with a more contrived reason to have an adventure? "Find some shit to stop the world from being destroyed" literally summarizes 99% of fantasy ever. You couldn't come up with a revenge drama or a "getting home" epic like the Odyssey? Something a little classier? No?
Well, no surprise there I guess.
So I'm re-reading Harry Potter, and I'm on the first book, and I was wondering about something that always bothered me. The scene where they fight the troll in the bathroom and Hermione says that Harry and Ron came after her because she went after the troll on her own... WHY? Why does she lie?

Because they're poorly written books? Are you seriously looking for an answer that makes sense outside of that?
I wrote a silly poem at work this week, while contemplating my cup o' pens:

My pens and pencils come and go,
Some are ones I do not know.
Where they come from, I'm unaware,
Perhaps they appear from thin air.
Red and blue and black and green,
Appear and disappear unseen.
What they do, I do not care,
As long as when I reach, they're there.

I wrote a poem too, while contemplating my Pokemon ROM:
Pokemon Black doesn't work on my Acekard,
FUCK.
Should have bought a CycloDS instead.
Thank you, thank you.
Oh, here's a picture of her new haircut. Before I click on it I'm betting she's a hambeast. Anyone wanna take that bet? (Of course not).
WOW WHAT A SURPRISE! A HAMBEAST!
Are you sure you were always a girl?
It's okay if you weren't. I'm an equal opportunity hater.
I don't know if you've all heard, but MTV is trying to do a re-make of Rocky Horror Picture Show. YES YOU HEARD ME RIGHT.

Here is a petition:

So? 96% of movies made this year were remakes or sequels.
I didn't make that statistic up, either.
You see, people make more shit now than ever, so they have to rely on name recognition to sell their product. Hard to compete with the internet, it is.

Also, yes, I am THRILLED that Obama won.

What-- oh, I'm quite a few years back now. Huh. Well two years later and I wonder if you're still thrilled?
Here was my face when I voted for him: :|
here was my face when he won: :|
here's my face now: :\
There are a bunch of idiots on the Dragon Cave forum trying to say that Obama isn't an American citizen.

So get your armor on (it'd have to be a rather cauldron-inspired suit, HO!) and saddle up your horse and take care of the dragons. I mean fuck, there's a place called THE DRAGON CAVE and there are still things alive in there to talk about shit?
Anyway what follows is a political meme (groan) and I don't feel like clicking back anymore so off I go to do something with myself.

1 comment:

Robert said...

I've only read two Drizzt trilogies but I don't remember him having to search for magical doohickies. First he had to escape being killed by his own family and shit (including the reanimated corpse of his father (MANLY TEARS ;_;)) for being an iconoclast, and then he had to survive in the outside world where everybody is racist against him and he can't ever adjust to sunlight, and then he has to defend the village that he found that doesn't hate him from this guy who actually found a magical doohicky (the only time I can recall in which magical doohickies were involved), and then he and his bros help reclaim an old Dwarven city from a dragon or something for some reason, and then he and his bros travel across the world to save their bro. He's still a Mary Sue though.

Also the smells of certain lotions remind me of what I fapped to in my early teens