Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Χρόνος

Chronos. God of time, I think. Not to be confused with Cronus, a Titan, and father of Zeus (among others). Like many primordial deities, is more a footnote of mythology. He is usually depicted as incorporeal and beyond the understanding of mortals, and likewise he doesn't really involve himself in the affairs of mortals. Unlike Nyx, Ouranos and Erebus,who don't feature particularly heavy into the pantheon but had children who did, Chronos is kind of off by himself, alone, not bothering anyone~
So imagine my surprise when I found he has a blog. I guess when you have the Zodiac wheel to turn for all eternity you'd start spinning your own wheels with shit like this.
Lmfao. I tried to order an iPhone 3GS, and clearly something's "wrong" and they won't let me pre-order one. (Probably can't complete the credit check because I've moved so recently?)

I always wonder about people like this. I RECENTLY MOVED AND THE CREDIT COMPANY PROBABLY HAS YET TO UPDATE MY INFORMATION AND APPLE ISN'T DUMB ENOUGH TO SEND AN iPHONE TO SOMEONE AT A DIFFERENT ADDRESS THAN THE ONE ATTACHED TO THE CREDIT CARD, BUT SOMEHOW THIS IS APPLE'S FAULT!
No, dude, it's you. Wait until you're settled in before ordering shit offline, please?
Okay so it's exactly one month until my birthday, and the release of M10! XD Which would also make it my niece's 23rd birthday (Which also happens to be the birthday of Jeph Jacques over at Questionable Content) and... yeah. :P

What
ALSO: Hoshinosasayaki (Whisper of the Stars, I believe?) sake is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS OMG. Had it last night, yum-tastic. XD

Somehow I don't think I'm dealing with the Lord of Time anymore.
I was going to say that nothing is quite as frustrating as feeling like you need something but having absolutely no clue what it is that you need, or feel you need... but then I realized that knowing and being really embarrassed about it is probably worse. Then again, maybe it interchanges frustration for... there's a word I'm looking for.

Whoa, easy there, boss. I have paragraphs like this sometimes, where I start writing it and then kind of lose track of my point halfway through, but I go back over it and say "wow I really lost it here" and delete it. You really don't need to include every thought you have in these things. Some sort of editing would probably help you get your fucking act together.
People that can eat wasabi: HOW? Dear lord, I got the tiniest little speck of green on my California rolls and my throat is burning! O_O;

Pussy.
Oh, here is a comment:
AAAAH THANK YOU PETER, YOU BRING ME CHAI LATTES. THEY MAKE THE DAY BEARABLE. ♥

Hi Peter. At least now I know I'm dealing with a dude (I wasn't entirely certain before, to be honest). "Peter" is an appropriate name because that is exactly what you are.
I wimped out on the exotic burger and just tried to get some popcorn shrimp, which they didn't have, so clam strips it was! half of that meal's still in my fridge. I was hungry and craving fried (which I typoed as "friend" initially. NO I DO NOT WANT TO EAT Y'ALL!) food so I made sure we got some cheese sticks and onion rings too. *_____*

>y'all
I like how he wimps out eating alligator but doesn't seem to have problems with eating shrimp, which are essentially UNDERWATER COCKROACHES.
I tried a scoop of the chocolate and a scoop of the vanilla bean. The chocolate was really disappointing

How can chocolate ice cream be disappointing? Either they really fucked up or you're not really sure of what chocolate ice cream is. It's not like it's an EXOTIC FLAVOR. It's in the name: it's chocolate, and it's ice cream. Put the two together. SHIIIIIIIIT.
I am so boring :P But Irfaan and Erin aren't! XD

No shit. Also no, I'm sure your friends are boring too. Boring people are friends with boring people.
Heading to bed. Will post about evening adventure when I'm not paying attention at work tomorrow.

You are why the economy is shit right now. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.
Maybe you have to have witnessed 300 pedobear replies before this one becomes funny, but it really made me laugh.
PEDOBEAR THAT'S REALLY FUNNY! HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN GOATSE? THAT WEBSITE IS REALLY GROSS! HI, I'M NEW TO THIS WHOLE ANONYMOUS THING LULZ XD ANONYMOUS IS LEGION LOLXD. Die.
And you know you've been reading too much XKCD when 6 and 9 really do look like little people, or really fucking dirty.

On a totally unrelated topic (shit I care about) I just hit level 69 today on FFXI. Surprisingly fewer sex jokes than I expected ensued.
Ugh. Keeping windows open to try and cool the apartment means that last night as I came downstairs to brush my teeth I got a bunch of drunken fucks looking in and laughing at me in my underwear. Not good for one's esteem... o_x;

Holy shit Peter, where do you live? I'd invest in a gun, bro. Also you're a guy, dude. You're not supposed to have esteem about your body. It's just fucking there. That shit is for girls to be insecure about.
Also for your gun you're going to want something effective but also threatening to be staring down the barrel of. I mean I'd be threatened by any gun, but know you you'd buy a chick's gun, and then everyone is just going to laugh at you. You should definitely get a shotgun. Then just carry the stock when you're not about to use it so people know you mean business.
My apartment manager called me and left a voicemail, and was very... circuitous. It made me feel really nervous O_o; I guess we'll see when I get home tonight what's going on :S

See if you had a shotgun stock in your hand when you met her she'd never leave you another voicemail. Barring that you could still get an axe handle or something. Or at the very least a tire iron or an axle or something.
LMFAO. When people roam into our office unsolicited and they aren't delivering a package, I have an immediate dislike of them.

Hey, me too! Only if by "office" you mean "everywhere" and by "unsolicited people" you mean "everyone".
They then try to sell us something. I want to tell them GET THE FUCK OUT OH MY GAWD IF I COULD CAST FIREBALL I SO WOULD RIGHT NOW RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR!

Oh what. Also, shotgun stock. I'm telling you. And if they keep at it just pull the barrel out from under desk and say "we're only a couple of minutes away from a real problem."
LMFAO. They wanted a business card and Peter said, "Nope!" *roflmfao* OH I LOVE YOU PETER. XD

Oh, so you're not Peter? Good grief, this is getting too confusing. You're Peter. Even if you're a girl, which you might be. Also lol, XD, roflmfao, etc. I'd have a HILARIOUSREACTIONIMAGE.JPG but I don't feel like finding one so just imagine one to amuse yourselves.
Thinking more about D&D than work. This could be bad. Come on, Jake! Think! :P At least I'm coming up with some amusing crap. :P

Jake. Hi, Jake.
Sat down, started watching a couple ANTM clips that I really enjoyed, and I see this HUGE flying bug fly right in front of me, and... uuuuugh it was so gross. It was like a mosquito meets a daddy-long-legs, basically.

Catch it between two chopsticks like Mr. Miagi taught you.
For some reason I imagine you as a Ralph Macchio clone so that felt like an apt reference even if I'm the only person who understood the connection.
In case the entire reference is lost on anyone, it's the Karate Kid.

I went to take a shower, thought to myself "Hell, I feel like taking a bath!"

Cool story, Ralph. I mean Peter. I mean Jake. You.
Now he's posting some pictures of some girls asking who, in my estimation, is the most attractive but I'm not falling for it, err, Jake. You're clearly gay and this is a poor subterfuge. (what guy takes a bath and admits to it?)
Also all three of them look kind of peculiar. The first one might be a dude, and the other two are making very odd faces, like maybe someone is forcing them to smile for the photo. I'm very uncomfortable with this entire setup. Seems like the setup for a new Hannibal Lector movie, or maybe just a direct sequel to the first one. Somehow.

I'm a little bewildered that Apple charges $10 for operating system upgrades for the iPod touch.

Well it's not a patch, it's an upgrade!
(Fuck I -hate- having to use that clunky-ass iTunes to manage what's on my iPod. I hate iTunes.)
It's actually pretty fucking easy to use. Apple's entire gimmick is pretty much "computer for the average idiot who can't be bothered to figure fuck anything out at all." So if you can't manage iTunes, I have some bad news.
Well, Jake, I enjoyed this dalliance~

No comments: