Saturday, August 2, 2008

So

So I was recently informed I may be spewing too much bile. Maybe a positive post would be nice?
Well no, being positive is never funny, unless it's in an "lol ironic" way, and I don't work that way, so fuck it.
Anyway here it is, a blog that doesn't suck:
http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/
There it is, the most positive thing I'll ever say.
So in other, shittier news:
http://tastingsummer.livejournal.com/121532.html
Today I get to play "what the fuck is happening?" One of my all time favorite games.
The first entry, marked-- err-- tomorrow (different timezone I guess):
because i have an awesome crew(:
guess nothing will make me as unhappy or sad with them around(:
yes i really don't know what to do about you.... just tell me what would you like me to do?

Apparently he has an awesome crew. Personally, I hate people who refer to their friends as a crew, because that implies some kind of labor. Unless you and your friends go around fixing shit up, shut up.
Okay now it's time for my all-time favorite: shitty poetry.
life is too short to stress out non stop
life is too short to think alot
life is too short to wonder on thoughts
life can never be replaced.
just live for brighter days
ignore the sadness and heartaches.
accept the situation you're in make the best of it.

I never understood this rhetoric. I used to hear this regularly amongst the skating crowd. DON'T THINK, JUST LIVE LIFE! LIFE IS TOO SHORT! What the fuck are you talking about? In an industrialized nation your life expectancy is somewhere in the neighborhood of eighty years.
HOW MUCH LONGER DO YOU NEED TO LIVE? Further, what are you in such a rush to do, sixteen year old? Go to the skate park? Sure, fine, go ahead and have fun, but don't pretend like you're accomplishing something and I'm wasting my life with those "damnable thoughts".
But then it seems to contradict itself with "just live for brighter days". I thought life was too short to think "alot (sic)"? If that were so, I should be living for now instead of some ethereal "brighter days", eh? EH?
I had to go back to July 19th to even make sense of one of the entries, so here it is, the first one that makes sense in over a month:
no man or woman could be too beautiful without disaster.
when you conquer fear, i'm sure you'll conquer death.

Last sentence sounds hopeful to me. Unfortunately, when you conquer fear that's all you conquer.
I'm fairly certain it's impossible to conquer death.
That does go along with the "LIVE LIFE FOR TODAY!" sentiment throughout the whole of this blog. There's almost a hysteria to life that I imagine can only degrade it. What could be so fearsome that you must retreat into a mad revelry to avoid?
July 14th's post followed by about seven or eight comments seems to be a race at who can think of the cutest thing to say.
Everyone is being so goddamned clever it's giving me a headache.
because life is never a straight line.

Followed by
Life's as straight as a curve ruler
Twirl it, bend it, straighten it

Followed by
since when was it ever str8. we got all this shit to content with that makes it warpped.

str8. Followed by
yeah tell me about it=/ we are floating the same boats

Jeeeeeeeeeeeesus fuck. Also note I didn't edit anything. I know the first post seems like it might start in the middle of a sentence, but it doesn't.
i'm emotionally retarded i don't know how to approach people without saying the wrong thing or looking like a total idiot

Well at least you know it.
AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE! GI Joe, a real American hero!
humans are complicating complexed and hard to understand.

So this is what it's like to be an idiot. I always suspected, but I never knew.
here's what a good friend told me.
in order to spice the relationship up, you guys can't be too much in the comfort zone, thats when things get boring
too true man
but, different perspectives often are subjective

Really? Perspectives are subjective? Tell me more, please!
So I think that about summarizes this blog. I'm not sure where to begin, since this reads rather like an itemized list of what's wrong with blogging.
I suggest using grammar and punctuation.
Frame your sentences in a story so people have a goddamned clue what you're talking about.
Try not to be so hackneyed, please? When you say shit like "PERSPECTIVES ARE SUBJECTIVE, LOL!!!" you come off as a dick trying to sound deep.
By a similar token, try not to sound so ponderous. When you sound so utterly lost in whatever tripe you're currently thinking you come off as a complete invalid. Notice in all of my posts I never come off as completely clueless, even if I am.
I guess that's it, then.

No comments: