Wednesday, September 14, 2011

No hero left in man

Hold your butts because we have a woman who fancies herself a writer.
VIRGIN
TERRITORY

In the next life, who or what do you think you’ll be reincarnated into?

Uuuuuuh. Remember that woman a few posts back who was constantly "THIS ASSUMES WE GET REINCARNATED. A BETTER QUESTION WOULD BE..."? She was such a Christfag. I can only imagine her reaction to this question. I should go back and look.
Nah fuck it.

Statistically speaking, probably a plant, insect, or some other single-celled organism.
What would I want to be? A bird. It'd be sort of nice, I think.

>Bringing logic and math into a question about FUCKING REINCARNATION
Also:
>implying plants and insects are single celled
Sean has been bringing home rhyming books to read for homework. Today, he got "Rhymes With Block."

Jock
Knock
...
Cock
Oh, lock
MOCK
FUCK YEAH I AM AWESOME AT KINDERGARTEN HOMEWORK.

Why is it the first word I thought of was "glock"? Definitely my father's daughter, I guess. :P

HAR HAR HAR shut up, cunt.

I wish authors of both sexes would stop perpetuating the notion that a guy will get the girl if he chases, pesters, and/or stalks her enough. It's not romantic. It's demeaning to women.

I don't read books written after 1970.
And it doesn't matter how rude the woman is so long as she's pretty (as these damsels always are). Really, love is being used as a justification for sociopathic tendencies. It's often played off as "She's just playing hard to get."

It is a fucking fictional story, you know.
I read a ton of shit that's basically ultraviolence and I play violent video games. Do I want to murder every person I meet?
Nearly, but that's not because I play violent video games.

Because when a woman says no, that's *never* what she means. To see major female characters promoting rape culture...it's disgusting, and it needs to stop.

Rape culture. There's nothing quite as sobering as getting called a rapist because you're a man. In an educational setting. By a woman. Getting paid for this.
Oh yeah, that happened to me once. Apparently we're going off ultra-conservative Christian logic in this ultra Liberal campus. "Thought about sex? WELL DID SHE DIRECTLY CONSENT TO BE YOUR MASTURBATORY FANTASY? RAPIST."
No, that's not how the logic went. Apparently simply by existing in a first world country I'm in some way supporting rape and racism. I guess. I don't know once I heard that I kind of checked out and started playing Tetris.
Like all those people who think "Every Breath You Take" is a love song, not some stalker song. Even though Sting himself said it was the latter.

And let's not forget -- men are the smart ones, while women have to be attractive to garner any time of day. These attitudes come straight from the women, too.

/feministrage

>Having women characters in your stories

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
Now here's a book review like I give a shit.
Now for the gripes, albeit minor ones:

Like McCarthy in "The Road," Frazier foregoes quotation marks in "Nightwoods" but not for the same reason. This novel doesn't share the same minimalistic conversation style, and therefore dialogue looks poorly edited

>Cormack McCarthy
>not poorly edited nonsense
Wow we sure live in different realities.
Also who was it that said The Road was the most significant book written in the last fifty years?
Were they on drugs?
If it starts a paragraph, there's a dash. If it occurs mid-paragraph, it just looks like he forgot to put quotes in. Often, you can't tell if Luce is thinking to herself or talking aloud until a "she said" pops up mid-paragraph. It makes the story feel schizophrenic.

NO IT'S POSTMODERN DON'T YOU GET IT? WHO NEEDS QUOTES ANYWAYS?
I'm going to write a story about a pansexual feminist furry communist fascist Native American shaman who magically switches gender every other paragraph and your challenge, as the reader, is to guess the gender.
I'm calling it "Ode to Livejournal: Time to Die"
Too many points of view. When it was just Luce and Bud, the story had a great flow to it. Then he added Stubblefield, whose storyline had me confused; he's the grandson of Old Stubblefield, not the old guy in a flashback time period.

First thing I think when I hear "told from multiple points of view" is "there probably isn't a good reason to do that." In fact, I'm seriously wracking my brain right now and I can really only think of two or maybe three instances where the "multiple points of view" thing works to the benefit of the story. There was a Warhammer comic that told a period of the Black Templar's chapter from three points of view and the reader finds out at the end all three characters are actually the same person and it's kind of a "look what time can do to someone" that was surprisingly deep for a fucking Warhammer comic. Then there was Rashomon which was all about perspective and misinterpreting shit-- can't think of a third one, actually.
Awesome video about how advertising has driven women's perception of body image. Definitely worth watching. I wish more women would stand up and fight this (and judging by "Modelland" you too, Tyra).

>video is 23 minutes
>there's a part two
not happening.
I think I might have actually seen this for a pussy sensitivity class--
maybe.
There's a great article over on Alternet about how debt and the free-market policies of the 80's drove Africa into a state of famine. Tragic and quite a shame that legitimate news organizations are ignoring the subject.

What about the fact that the US alone sends enough food to Africa to feed every person comfortably every single year and the food just rots in storage?
You-- you can't help people when their country has no infrastructure and their warlords are happy to use food as a weapon.
Now that I'm finished with that, I consolidated all the files on my computer and finally switched over to Mike's previous computer (thank you, external, hard drive, for making the process a snap). I have a few more things to settle in, but it's mostly done. The fan in mine was terribly squeaky and loud, and the hard drive would occasionally make awful sounds when I accessed the external drive.

You got a new computer because your fan was too loud.
Are you fucking kidding me?

A study from UCLA reports that tweens value "fame" as their #1 value. Self-acceptance ranks 8, behind such gems as popularity, financial success, and power. It's a sad day when hedonism makes the top-10 and benevolence doesn't.

Did you just confuse self-acceptance for benevolence?
Those two things are entirely unrelated, you realize.
Also I'd wager you could have interviewed tweens in 1390 and the list would have looked very much the same. Tweens and early teens are assholes.

Mike and I went to see Captain America today. idk, I could've used a lot less of the energy weapons. It was the 40's after all, and every single one of the bad guys had them.

I think I just found a reason why you're a shitty author. I've never encountered a situation, real or fictional, and thought "this doesn't need energy weapons."
Here's a quiz about which HARRY POTTER HOUSE I'D BE SORTED INTO!
FINALLY A QUIZ ABOUT WHICH HARRY POTTER HOUSE I'LL GET SORTED INTO!
Fucking hell.
Bitch is mental if she thinks I'm taking this.
.. Okay I took it and it called me brave, chivalrous and courageous despite admitting that I'd willingly do some shady shit for personal profit and wait for opportune times to attack enemies.
Pretty sure that's the opposite of chivalry, actually.
Quiz is fucked, man.

I was browsing the school handbook today, and I was a little bit miffed at some of the things a kid can get suspended for. Unauthorized distribution of printed material? Littering? Repeated truancy? lol, sounds like suspending them is totally the answer for that.

AND THE ONE DAY THE FUCKER BOTHERS TO SHOW UP IS THE DAY I'M GETTING REVIEWED-- sorry.
And because self-defense doesn't get you out of punishment for fighting, if someone picks a fight with you, make sure you f*cking FINISH HIM.

Students cannot trade food in the cafeteria?? How random is that?

Personally I'd make the rules stricter and far, far harder to follow. I'd get rid of lunch and actively disallow eating in the school to force students to be cunning.
Most tests would be literally impossible for them to pass without cheating, and they'd fail if they get caught cheating.
Need more innovation and caution in today's society I feel.
Well this has been a riveting bit of nonsense but I think I'm going to do something else now.

No comments: