Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A WASTE OF MANKIND'S POTENTIAL

So against all better judgment I downloaded that new DoW2 expansion called RETRIBUTION (gotta write it in all caps because that's how it appears on the title screen) and it's actually not that bad.
Way better than Chaos fucking Rising, anyway.
They ditched that hamslapping queer bait Thaddeus and added Martellus the techmarine as a character you control and so automatically it's up a few points.
Also I was amused to see another woman character in the cast (Warhammer doesn't get many of those) and like all women in Dawn of War she's instantly a shrieking harpy telling me to do something I don't want to do.
LIKE ALL WOMEN AM I RIGHT?
But unlike in other video games and in real life I can't just ignore her and do what I want anyway because she has a pistol that shoots fire.
I guess I could wait until her back is turned and cut her in half with a fucking chainsword but I'm guessing that won't solve the problem of proving I'm not a heretic.
Oh right, blogs.
So here's today's writer's block:

What is the craziest dare you have ever taken?

I take no dares for I never agree to do something I might not finish.
HONOR IS ALL.

I was dared to sign up for a dating site. If anyone knew my "style," so to speak, they would know that I have no interest in dating the opposite sex (only friendship lol).

Your style is being gay.
All right.
Admittedly I haven't been on many dating sites but I'm pretty sure most do offer options for people seeking people of the same sex.

However, I got a free meal out of it, so it was not too bad. Never again, though.

I'm debating with myself whether or not this is dishonest.
I mean this woman owed the guy she dated nothing and he should expect to go on a couple of dates that go bust (price of business and all that) but he never had a chance with this woman by definition so I think it's pretty dishonest of her to let him pay for it.
I guess she (or anyone) could readily argue she provided him company but then again that was reciprocated so I'm not sure.
I have graduated, I guess, to my first "real" AM MT fight. We'll see if I can stay healthy this time.

Not sure what AM is but MT is Muay Thai, one of the manliest forms of unarmed combat there is.
Basically someone came up with the idea that it's twice as effective to elbow someone after you punch them in the face and built an entire martial art around turning your punches into elbow punch combos.
Of course I suspect a lot of the success of Muay Thai might have to do with the training regimen that includes PUNCHING BANANA TREES UNTIL YOUR KNUCKLES ARE LIKE IRON.
And now we go back to last year:
What are your New Year's resolutions? Do you think you'll stick to any of them? If so, for how long?

Fuck resolutions.

Have about 2 Amateur MT (no shin guards or helmet) fights; 2 or so MMA fights

>helmet
>Muay Thai
That just feels wrong.

What was the last juicy generalization from which you freed yourself? What caused your perspective to change?

I don't remember or understand this question. Are people making generalizations about me? I assume not because my perspective is the one changing so I have to guess I'm making generalizations about others but then what's up with "juicy" generalizations like I'm gossiping about the generalizations I make?
In which case I don't free myself from generalizations. Generalizations are vital to understanding how people think, because few men think for themselves and so therefore you must understand how they tap into the collective hivemind and feed off each other.
I used to think that all relationships among people had this narcissistic/co-narcissistic balance. Haven't you ever met the overzealous, self absorbed, highly insecure boss with the do-good-er subordinate who lets him or her get away with it? How about an addict that seeks to take advantage of enablers?
No idea what you're talking about.

I used to think that this black and white dichotomy was a law of nature like gravity. Having that notion always led me to sleep with one eye open, so to speak.

Am I just fucking stupid today or is nothing making sense anymore?
Do you believe that violence in media promotes violence in real life? Does media reflect cultural values or can it actively reshape them?

Oh God no.
I fail to believe that media evenhandedly promotes violence in our society without other influences.

What the fuck does that even mean? The media evenhandedly promotes violence, what?
"Evenhandedly" implies "fairly" or "balanced", wouldn't it? So it portrays violence in an unfair or harsh light so-- God, no.

Humans are violent by nature.

The Eldar are manipulative and deceitful by nature.
Make my favorite Dawn of War character a mute emofag, will you?
I just can't believe Tarkus, the voice of reason amidst the flamboyantly gay guy, the idiot whose only solution to a problem was to shoot it with a giant, man-portable cannon and the guy who sounds like he smoked about 50 packs before recording would take a vow of silence over something he HAD NO CONTROL OVER.
Without Davian Thule now this motley crew is fucked.
Do you think a marriage license should have a renewal or expiration date, just like a driver's license?

Oh I remember this question.
I think I said no it shouldn't because of something like not breaking a vow or something--
I try to explain to most people that marriage should be under a month-to-month renewable contract with the option to sub-lease or transfer. A learner's permit would be nice for some *cough* . Really, how is that different than the paper people sign now, or how people treat marriage? Technically, marriage is not really a permanent, cherished institution if divorce is always an option, and quartering is not a required punishment for adultery...

That's a great point. We're making divorce illegal and reinstating quartering as a punishment.
Don't want to have your limbs ripped off by horses? Do what you're supposed to do.
Needless to say, I don't date much. Hell, I only date because I can't always afford to eat out on my own dime.

Telling you people. Go to SE Asia.

A girl gets hungry, you know (totally, NOT joking)....

Joking about what? Women eating? Yeah I've seen them a few times.
The fact you trick people into paying for your food? Again, not surprising.
And come to think of it, if the main plot point of Chaos Rising was that one of your team bargained with a demon to allow the strike cruiser through the Warp then why do you activate a teleporter that lets you move between planets at will without a ship?
Shouldn't Martellus have maybe mentioned that exists?
Oh that's right we need a convenient plot solution for how Captain Diomedes the idiot can move from place to place without the massive resources of the rest of his chapter.
I guess my main problem with Chaos Rising is the game was so shitty it's actually affecting RETRIBUTION with its stink, somehow.
The writers even took the logical solution of flashing forward to avoid the immediate fallout of the events of Chaos Rising and they still can't escape it.
I mean they even fucked up the story of their own game because if all your squads stay pure then Martellus is the traitor so I'd assume that's the canonical end for that game but then Retribution starts up and Martellus is your bro again so who's the traitor?
Currently I'm assuming they're going to pull that old card of THE FORCE COMMANDER FROM THE LAST TWO GAMES WAS EVIL ALL ALONG in which case I'm never playing Dawn of War again.
Oh right, blogs.
Oh I'm at the start of this blog, how handy.
Anyway I'm off to bed because I have my own battle to fight tomorrow in real life.

No comments: