Monday, March 7, 2011

Trouble

How about that new Pokemon game, huh?
It takes place in the Pokemon equivalent of AMERICA.
AMERICA, BOY!
WE HAVE WAR EAGLES AND SHIT IN AMERICA!
Speaking of: oddly, the Japanese have invented the most American video game of all time called Metal Wolf Chaos which is about the president who goes around in a giant robot freeing the fuck out of America from terrorists. I still can't believe that game never came out here.
I guess it is a little insensitive about history as a giant robot comes exploding out of the Statue of Liberty but I can honestly say if that happened in real life it'd be on the short list for "greatest thing to ever happen".
Oh right, blogs.

It amazed me last night, as I was having an anxiety attack in the BCC parking lot, how many people just walked by me.

>Anxiety attack
>need me to rescue you
Listen, princess, you're just freaking out. You're not actually sick or anything.
I was on the floor gasping for air the way someone choking might sound and about three people just walked past me without looking at me.

Yeah and I spend the better part of a day being yelled at by a group of idiot 9th graders who don't know what a comma is. We all have our problems.
Finally I had to scream for help to some guy who was walking towards me. He calmed me down and found a police officer to call rescue.

I also have that problem with the new Pokemon game that plagues all new Pokemon games for me: I played the Japanese version so I'm not used to all the new names. Usually I learn pretty quick but this time around the names seem really silly to me in English. I mean they phoned this one the fuck in. "Conkeldurr" will never have the same impact "Roobushin" has.
What does Conkeldurr evolve from? "Gurrdurr" (because it's holding a girder) and he evolves from "Timburr" because he's holding a piece of lumber.
Fuck whoever named these things I mean goddamn.
I have never had this happen to me in my life. When I was a teenager I have had what I considered to be panic attacks. But this was like I was drowning and I literally could not take in breaths.

Oh right, you.

Just a note; if you ever see someone who looks like they might be in need of some real help, check to see if they are ok.

Look, I'm really busy. Your personal health and safety is little concern of mine.
I'd like the opportunity to write a paper about how parenting styles that are "gender neutral" are actually perpetuating our culture's gender stereotypes.

This paper is less than three paragraphs so go ahead and bore the fuck out of me. Why not?
I have learned from the masters of pussy sensitivity so it's going to take a lot for me to actually hear anything you're saying.

I am bothered by what I saw on Oprah the other morning. It was a family that had a six year old boy; according to the parents their son decided on his own to be a girl. He began his gender transformation at age two. How? By preferring girl themed toys and colors.

How can a two year old even make an informed decision about something like this?
Oh right, they can't.
This is so baffling to me. How have we come to the point where gender is based on what aisle we prefer to shop in at ToysRus? As a child I would role-play as a boy when we were playing imaginary games. At McDonalds I wanted the racecar instead of the Barbie.

Okay I get it. Get to your point.

I allow Adriana to play with whatever toys, and I don't gender classify them. (Of course, I still choose what toys I allow her to have and will probably continue to do this for some time.

Okay.

This is what I don't understand about 'gender neutral' parenting. It is just a doll, just a train, just legos, just a tea set. I think we should phase out the gender specific toys, like all pink planes, computers, doodle pads, etc. But I don't think we should gender classify everything. I think this is where the perpetuation of the way our culture views gender roles comes from.

Great thanks for this it of nothing.

This year has been the hardest of my life. It has been the most life changing. I am thankful to God for every moment; the good and bad. I am grateful for the times where I felt so alone and lost. It was in those life-breakings moments that I was most changed.

Oh God this is going to be one of those religious moments, isn't it?
This is what's entirely baffling to me about the average religious idiot: their empty minds are so filled with faith and yet they can't even answer the simplest questions about their own religions. I had this kid grilling me about evolution recently (I made the critical mistake of using it as an analogy for a 5th grade word we were learning) and how the Bible says God created the heavens and the earth then today he says the Immaculate Conception was Jesus.
It was Mary you 9th grade moron! I mean fuck me, I don't even believe in this shit and I know that!
I began this year with nothing. Nothing in wealth, in material, in education, in a future, in spirituality.

See this is exactly what I mean. THANK YOU JESUS FOR MONEY AND MATERIAL WEALTH!
But then quoth Jesus in Mark 10:25:
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

And as if that wasn't clear enough:

Mark 10:21
Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
I don't think the Lord understands how market economies work.

It never fails that at the pediatricians office there will be one mother there that is absolutely lost. Every time I've taken her... It is almost sad watching these moms. She sits from her seat and shouts nonsense at her son, who is running around in circles. "Griffin, mommy says be nice" ...

If you named your child Griffin he should be taken from you because you are clearly unfit.
I am already bored shitless by this.
I think I'm going to go do something more productive with my time like nail my genitals to a wall.

No comments: