Monday, March 21, 2011

Let's not miss a post Monday

WHEW JUST UNDER THE WIRE AND I GOTTA MAKE THIS QUICK BECAUSE I HAVE TO GET TO BED AND I CAN'T STOP TYPING LIKE THIS.

Do you have a childhood friend that you still think about and miss? What happened to him or her?

NOOOOOO I HAVE NO FRIENDS.
David Carlson. He was my friend for four days. i met him the summer before my freshman year, he was on a church retreat and i was camping with my family. he drew me some pictures and left me his address and about a year later i found the letter i wrote him, unopened, among some papers in my dad's office. my parents had intercepted the letter because i was thirteen and he was nineteen and they were afraid he was a "creep" or something and didn't want me to get raped.

Pfffft. Parents and their misplaced concern that some 19 year old guy might be inappropriate with a pubescent girl.
Like that's ever happened before, am I right?

How important is physical attraction in selecting a romantic partner?

Fairly and if you say anything different you're a LIAR.
i'm going to answer this because it's actually a question that's been knocking around in my head for some time now, because i have a potential partner in the friend zone who i know wants to take it to the next level, but also doesn't know exactly how i feel because i am intentionally keeping him in the dark.

Wait, why? Bait a guy a long, jeez.

i'm pretty sure he knows this and is confused by it, but added to the list of his many virtues and attributes is that he is too much the gentleman to bring it up, and too fond of my conversation and company to potential endanger it with such a subject.

Well I guess he is a pussy in this case but really, stop being a manipulative cunt.
Also, bro: The Plan. I've laid it all out, all you have to do is follow it.

the fact that ninety percent of our communication is through text or IM is what creates that grey area. i don't know if i could actually be happy with him, because there are physical aspects about him that i don't like (we have actually talked about it before, so it's not like i'm being shallow).

I don't think that's how not being shallow works but whatever.
but when i don't spend time with him, and instead am communicating with him solely through messages, i could honestly say that being in a relationship with him would answer exactly to all of my ideals and expectations.

Oh okay. As long as you have a good justification.
so the answer to the question is, physical attraction is incredibly important in selecting a romantic partner. because, right now at least, i feel as though he is just the only incredibly important, completely irreplaceable, good friend i have- but i can't be "in love" with him because the chemistry isn't there.

That's really interesting. I'm glad I wasted time I could have spent sleeping reading this.
Here's her "to do" list because she's "disheartened" and if this is the work disheartening her then what the fuck, man?
~write this post
~take a shower
~make my powerpoint for class
~clean my room
~clean floors?
~finish my pink dress, at least, and then see what i can do to make the green dress less frumpy
~go shopping with Helen and Natane for lingerie!!

Two of these things are recreational and a PowerPoint for class, really?
TAKE TEN MINUTES AND FINISH THE FUCKING THING.
And move on with your life.
I've discovered that i'm not naive, i'm simply idealistic. the things i believe in (or don't believe in) are not from lack of personal experience, but more from the sincere and true faith in human nature.

Uh-huh.
I don't even know how to address this. Faith in human nature? Faith? In human nature?
Shit ain't logical, man.
If your astrological sign has changed, do you think your personality more resembles your current or past sign?

Yeah I heard all about this (and by "all about this" I mean I saw a story about it on Yahoo about two months ago and thought "huh, that seems really interesting and boring.")
But all I could think with the addition of a thirteenth Zodiac that A. Final Fantasy Tactics is completely fucked now because that entire game revolves around the Zodiac and B. that whole thing with the Space Wolves from Warhammer wherein "circling the thirteenth stone" is bad luck because the Thirteenth Great Company turned traitor or was lost in the Warp (depending on when you ask) and-- wait, what was I even talking about?
Fuck me I need to go to sleep now.
THIS WHOLE WORKING THING SUCKS, MAN.

No comments: