Friday, October 29, 2010

Let's figure out the gender

I'm betting this is a guy. I have no reason to believe this. I'm literally just picking at random.
Do you think your parents made any major mistakes in how they raised you? If so, how did it affect you?

Well I am pretty awesome. Hard to argue with this much awesome, in fact.
Wow, that's an understatement. It really comes back to my dad who was an alcoholic.

I've been in pussy sensitivity class all semester and I'm getting more than a little tired of the sob stories.
I know that's not being "sensitive to diversity" but fuck it. I was sensitive before now I'm just jaded.
He used to give me drunken lectures about life and would drag me from bar to bar introducing me as his "boy".

Now we come to the first issue with gender. Why is "boy" in quotes? I've heard plenty of people identify their children as "boy" or "girl". Is it in quotes because you're actually a girl? Is it in quotes because you're biologically male but gender confused or whatever, or is it just because you're an idiot and taking offense to dumb things?
No idea.
He was a crude and disrespectful person who I fought with from the time I met him to when he died when I was in college.

Oddly his/her/its mother goes unmentioned. That tells me either there was no mother or more likely she was fine and therefore he/she/it can't bitch.
Considering that our impressions on gender roles are created by our parents, I'm not sure what deep levels are affected by his example.

AND CREATED ONLY BY OUR PARENTS.
NO OTHER ADULT CAN IMPRESS UPON YOU THE ROLES OF MEN AND WOMEN.
NOTHING.

Of course, I have a blog, so there must be something wrong.

Specifically or in general? In general I agree. Having a blog is a huge mistake and you should probably apologize.
This evening turned out to be another bust. The dude gathering fell through again. I spoke with my friend for a few hours. Since he no longer had anything to do, he was going to see if his girlfriend wanted to hang out.

Nothing quite like playing third wheel.
The best thing you can do is befriend the girlfriend too but sometimes that's difficult.
I mean I never had trouble because look how fucking charming but sometimes girls can be twats, you know how it is.
As far as Halloween, I still have no plans. I need to put out my feelers to see if I can find something to do.

I know what I'm doing.
AWWW YEAH NOTHING.

I at least hope to put together a Rocky Horror group for Saturday night. I really, really do not want to be without plans this weekend.

I can't imagine being like this. I NEED TO SEE PEOPLE OR I'LL GO CRAZY.

Wow, it's my first night in a bit without anything to do, and I'm already going nuts.

So make your own amusement. Watch a movie, read a book, make more pointless posts on your blog-- you can literally do anything you want.

Speaking about relationships, I still have had no word. It was 2 weeks yesterday since I last heard anything. As I have mentioned before, I hope she's doing okay.

So there's a girlfriend.
That probably points to male but the last three times (I think) I said "oh, girlfriend so this must be a man" I got burned, so I'm not committing yet.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a man in possession of a doodle, must be in want of a little more company. Nerdy? Yes.

... What?

It does have a lot of truth to it though. I suppose that it's a good thing that I will be heading out to happy hour with some former Wells Fargo compadres.

What the fuck is a doodle? I always thought a doodle was a little drawing you did instead of taking notes in class.

I suppose that I should mention that I finally put in the effort to finish Peter Pan. I actually read most of it today at work. As childish as it may sound, it did turn out to be a very beautifully written book full of allegory that can be a bit depressing if you put a bit of thought into it.

>as childish as it sounds
>mentions allegory
Yes, children are well-known for their grasp of allegories.
AS CHILDISH AS IT MAY SOUND PETER PAN IS REALLY JUST A METAPHYSICAL SCREAM FOR LOST INNOCENCE.
The fuck is wrong with you, friend?

I got confirmation that the beer is on its way. Wow, that stuff wasn't cheap. I guess when it comes in from Neuschwanstein Castle, it isn't exactly going to be comparable with PBR. Yes, I'm excited. I love accomplishing those how-did-you-do-it feats.

You imported beer from Germany, what? It's not like that's illegal or anything. How is that a feat?
Oh hey, I watched a movie without paying for it recently.
HOW DID YOU DO IT YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD?
Oh well I searched for it on Youtube.
Yeah not the greatest quality but I wasn't doing it for leisure (why professors insist movies are learning experiences is beyond me).

Before I went out for other activities last night, I did take in the orchestra's performance of Brahms Symphony 1. It's my favorite Brahms symphony.

Take in the orchestra. What a douche.
He keeps mentioning this Elizabeth girl but then says (alias) after like if he says her real name I'm somehow going to find her.

I am in rare form today.

Rare form. Sure you're not gay, friend?

Though I hate answering phones, I have found that every caller today has turned into a mini-audience for moi. I love that feeling. The gals giggle, the gay gays flirt, and the other dudes at the very least find me mildly amusing.

I called because I had a problem, not to listen to you run your yap.

Speaking of English, the "t" in "often" is silent.

No it isn't. "Often" comes from "oft" which I assure you is not a silent 't'. Most people don't pronounce it and that's correct as well but it is not technically a silent consonant, no. Webster even has both examples in spoken form.

I just heard a worker come in from the warehouse mispronouncing that. I especially love it when people emphasize the "t" when they are trying to make a point.

Oxford also confirms both. Americans and British agree it's not necessarily silent.
I love it when a pretentious douche is dead fucking wrong.

I feel like a moody teenage girl right now trying to make a collage in art class.

I feel like a guy who wants to punch another guy square in the temple.
Oh wait, no, I don't feel like I am that guy.

Hi, again. I am stretched out in bed relaxing with my dog close by.

Oh hi, I'm sitting here at my desk typing a response to your blog. My dog is dead.
What the fuck?
One of the last conversations I had with her dealt with German and Austrian beer. I hate beer, but apparently European varieties are quite a bit better. She listed Neuschwansteiner and Lowenbrau from Germany and Edleweiss, Stiegl, and Augustiner from Salzburg to be her favorites with particular emphasis on Neuschwansteiner.

And other places in Germany and Austria I have never visited and will never visit but will continue to list for pompous effect.

Curiosity got the best of me. I found Stiegl in a neighborhing suburb. Lowenbrau is no challenge. Augustiner is not shipped outside of the Salzburg area as it has no preservatives.

I'm currently hunting down Vallejo Grey Primer. By which I mean I placed an order at an online store and they're back ordered.

Meeting and getting acquainted with people, I have found, can give you insights into things you may like to try. For instance, I have a friend who is into Art History. I have long thought this would be a fascinating major to have in college.

Fascinating and useful.
Oddly the one class in art history (hello electives) I've had has proven one of the more useful classes I've had, but I'm sure a degree in it would not be too useful.
A little knowledge in this area can come off as both impressive and pretentious. Neither oddly sounds too bad to me.

OH WOW THIS GUY KNOWS A LOT ABOUT ART HISTORY COLOR ME IMPRESSED
Now if you sculpted like the Romans then I'd be impressed, but just knowing about it no, no I'm not impressed.
I also need to learn another language. I copped out by doing Spanish in college. I think French would be suitable considering my family; though I have heard a lot in recent months about the German-speaking regions.

Wait, need to? What, planning on leaving the English speaking world?
Also I like how he says he "learned Spanish" like he took more than the requisite two semesters in college and is totally fluent.

As previously mentioned, Elizabeth also plays the violin. I had long thought that the violin had frets, but it doesn't. You just have to know where your fingers should go. There is something archaic yet beautiful about the instrument.

>archaic
>fist modern violin made in the 16th century
It's one thing to be pretentious. It's quite another to be pretentious and dead fucking wrong.
Also
>implying archaic can't be beautiful (as the "yet" implies)
The violin though has a charm that is carried with it. Maybe, just maybe, I will try to pick it up in the near future.

WHO GIVES A FUCK?
Goddamn, man. You need to get your head out of your ass.
As long as I'm the betterment topic, I would also like to pass along that I would like to eventually replace my eliptical with a stationary recumbant bike. I want to take ballroom dance lessons. That's right. You heard me.

OH SHIT, THROWING DOWN AND TAKING A BALLROOM DANCING CLASS.
GUESS WHAT, FAGGOTS? I'M GOING TO START KNITTING.
THAT'S RIGHT YOU HEARD ME. CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW HARDCORE THIS SHIT IS?
This is totally in character for you. If you had said "yeah I'm taking up Muay Thai and to show you how serious I am I'm actually going to Thailand to learn" then I'd have to say "wait, what?"
I felt inclined to log back into Livejournal and note that today is 10-10-10. I think that I have caught every one of these sets on this blog since 6-6-06 when that crappy remake of The Omen came out. Yeah, I've been doing this for that long.

Well unfortunately for you 13/13/13 will break that tradition.

Good morning.. I just woke up a bit ago. That's not bad for someone who went to bed at 3 am.

GOOD MORNING.

Girls are more social than guys. It's far easier for a girl to strike up a conversation and make an instant friend with whom to spend time in the very near future. Guys are more incidental in friendships in that it takes extended interactions and the sharing of experiences to accomplish the same goal. Otherwise, it's kind of "gay".

Yep.

I've never had to think about it before. I suppose that I could medicate myself, but I don't want to risk another arrhythmia like I had with the first one. I also am fond of the nervous underlying energy that I've always had which would likely disappear.

>fond of nervous energy
You're not that nervous, friend.

I wouldn't refer to it as anxiety. It's a hard-to-explain excitability that I have.

That really obscure excitability you wouldn't have heard of. What a hipsterfag.
Anyway I think that's it for me today.

No comments: