Monday, June 17, 2013

A mild case of the bug fucks

I dunno how interesting this blog will be let's see how it turns out--
Might be one of my many aborted attempts at reviewing.
So I got down to Renton today to see Strahd and Chevy's absolutely perfectly beautiful baby girl, and I spent most of my afternoon holding her--I did give her back, I did I did--and it was a really lovely afternoon. I'm hoping to get back down there Wednesday or Thursday for more baby time, but that will involve finding out what time my quarterly dose of poison is due to be injected on Thursday. (Botox, not arsenic.)
She acts like that procedure isn't entirely optional.
If you don't want poison injected in your face don't get poison injected in your face. This isn't a life-or-death procedure.
Flower is just the most beautifully perfect baby. She was so, so good when I held her, mostly she just slept in my arms or snuggled against my boobs (hey, they've got to be good for something other than really expensive bras that wear out in six months) and occasionally she stretched and kicked and was just...oh. So, so much love for this little one. I've never held a newborn before and they are so precious. 
Botox and expensive bras.
Just in case you didn't think she was a white woman spending money she just dispelled all doubt.
I'll post the grr bit of today in a minute, but tonight Morgan and I went out with Pinky, Kroroboros and Sabs to see "Man of Steel"
Holy shit what a pile of dreck that movie was.
Plot holes
Boring zzzzzzzzzzz origins story--
I mean it's the fucking origin of Superman, what 6 year old doesn't know this shit by now?
DID YOU KNOW HE'S FROM KRYPTON?
NO?
WELL LET ME TELL YOU FOR HALF AN HOUR!
for Pinky's birthday, and non-spoilery review: I freaking loved it. It's amazing. You should all go see it. Like, now. It had a lot of actors where I went "Hey, who is that?" and felt stupid upon seeing the credits (hint: I missed Laurence Fishburne; I'm a moron) but mostly it had me going "Go Clark!" and even made me care about Russell Crowe, which is a feat worth mentioning. (I think the actor's kind of a jackass, but he can act. I don't know about sing, I haven't seen Les Mis.)
Plebeian.
Seriously it was complete garbage.
It was boring, uninspired, horribly acted and horribly scripted. It is pap for the idiot masses like this woman.
I won't go into spoilers here, because I'm mostly all about the squee right now, but it really, really is a good movie and has some really awesome things in it and you should all go see it. I was prepared to be bored, or not like it, and I was on the edge of my seat for a lot of it. 
I don't know why you're worried about spoiling anything, It was the most predictable movie ever.
Superman kills Zod at the end of it.
There you go bet none of you saw that coming.
Co-worker was working a 12 today so asked for help and I said sure, I'd take the afternoon...but I feel like crap and I have six hours to go. My head hurts and my stomach's been upset ever since this morning, when I tried to swallow Excedrin and found myself heaving into the sink. There was literally nothing in my stomch so I was just coughing up spit, but it took a while for my tummy to settle again (and a double dose of phenergan and some ginger ale). I'm sipping Coke at the moment and just took another dose of phenergan as lunch isn't sitting well. Sadly I'm almost out, and I have no refills, and the prescription's from my pain doctor who I'm no longer seeing, so I left a message with my neurologist to see if I can get a new one. 
You know when I'm at work I can't just make whining posts online.
That said my job is pretty sweet and I have all summer off but you know when I'm there it's fucking go time.
Okay. So. Khan retrofitted the torpedoes to hold the cryotubes, but in the process took out what, the...fuel? How exactly do they still work and blow up with people inside them? Aren't they missing a critical component? I guess the explosive part is still intact, but without fuel, how would they get somewhere? Am I missing the obvious?

I feel stupid.
...
He took out the explosive, idiot.
A torpedo intended for space combat--
you know, there's no atmosphere to fight through in space--
is not going to have much in the way of fuel. Just enough to accelerate it to speed then WHAMO.
I'm pretty sure they explicitly stated this in the movie because they knew their audience would be saying exactly what you're saying now and you're still kind of confused about it.
Before I say anything spoiler-iffic, I'll just say that this was the first new movie I've seen since 2010 when I saw Iron Man 2 in the theaters. Was it the absolute BEST movie to break three years of not going? I don't know. But I did enjoy it a hell of a lot. 
Wait, you're not sure about the new Star Trek movie but the new Superman movie was awesome?
Do you live on bizarro Earth?
Do I think Benedict Cumberbatch, a white English man, should have been playing a character named Khan Noonian Singh? 
He's a genetically engineered super soldier. It's not like he was born to ethnically Indian parents. They could name him whatever they want and when your goal is to name a super soldier something intimidating you can do a hell of a lot worse than Khan.
You know, like Genghis Khan?
The guy who conquered most of the entire world?
Things I didn't like as much: The female characters in this movie, by which I mean Uhura and Carol, got screwed over. 
It was a duel of wits between a genetically engineered super soldier (I don't believe I can emphasize that aspect of his character enough) and Kirk who has been established since the start of the reboot as a genius and/or otherwise incredibly gifted.
What exactly were the female leads, who were a communications officer and a scientist respectively, supposed to do during this mission?
If I were J.J. Abrams I'd have excluded both of them because neither of them added much to the plot.
She was useless against her father and I don't know if that really provided any emotional payoff; I could have done without it. I mean, yeah, I guess we needed her to open up the torpedo but really? Is that it?

There wasn't enough Chekov at all, and what we saw of him was mostly...there. He didn't get a whole moment to shine like everyone else did.
He fixed the warp core enough to get the ship to warp so the other, evil captain's dreadnought could knock it out of the warp which facilitated Kirk going into the warp core containment area and die of radiation poisoning only to be revived by Khan's blood.
Basically the entire climax and the entire movie being a nod to Star Trek II hinged on Chekov being there.
What more did you want, exactly?
This isn't some English teacher's interpretation, either. This was not a complex movie. This shit is easily observable by anyone of normal intelligence paying even cursory attention to it.
 I thought it was a pretty good movie, over all.
I gave it a 7.5/10.
Literally the rest of her posts are her bitching about how sick she is and how she shouldn't be working while being at work.
I notice this a lot, actually.
Might this be why women make 95 cents to a man's dollar?
Am definitely getting a cold. I emailed E, the hostess of Chevy's baby shower, and explained the sitch, and she said I should still give it a try but see how I felt. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make it. I just feel awful; my throat is raw, my ears are clogged, I'm congested as hell when the Afrin wears off, and I'm achy.
I dunno man.
Oh so I was playing the FFXIV beta this weekend.
I can't go into too much detail due to the NDA. They said they'd ban me from the full game if I leaked info and send Obama's attack drones to my house if I did so I won't but suffice it to say I give it a 5/5 bretty good
It was pretty cool to see the intro to the game being all the shit I had done before the plebeians joined.
And holy shit are these new people plebs. They are whining about all sorts of dumb bullshit
WHY CAN'T MY MAGE EQUIP HEAVY ARMOR being my favorite bitch.
Gee you dumb shit maybe because he's a mage?
Also a lot of people were whining about the potential for glorious master race 1.0 players like myself hogging all of the early kills.
I was just going to level arcanist in peace (in which case I'd be level 1 and effectively as new as they are) but since this is becoming a thing to whine about I think I'm going to stand in the middle of all the newbie monsters with my level 50 marauder and whirlwind all of their squirrels.
That'll teach them their place.
It is not enough that I succeed; all others must fail.
Today was Bring a Friend day to IKEA, so Pinky picked me up this morning and we headed down to Tukwila (after the necessary stop at Starbucks, of course). 
I'm letting this hate wash over me.
Fill me with purpose.
I must say reading this garbage while listening to Motley Crue is creating a very uneven experience.
Like should something this bad have a soundtrack this rad?
I don't care what anyone says about Motley Crue.
Dr. Feelgood is a great album.
Anyway fuck blogs.

No comments: