Friday, June 8, 2012

Oh boy

Some cunt lawyer, ahoy!
Okay, so two pieces of background: I've been playing WoW for a while and Blizzcon was last week. It revealed the expansion, there was Q&A, cosplay and dance contests, and a concert by a band made up of Blizzard employees.
Wow that sounds really boring.
fayoreix2 and I got the pass, so she watched most of it on the computer. 99% of it was good. 
Oh but the 1% was the worst thing ever because someone said something racist/sexist/homophobic and you'll never shut up about it.
The 1% was awful. Apparently, one of the band members is a fan boy for an...um...artist called Corpsegrinder from the band Cannibal Corpse. As you can imagine, he was a classy gentleman and the people who did the show felt that the best way to experience the show was to show a video of Mr. Corpsegrinder expressing his fine opinions on the game, the factions, and the rivalry between the factions. Here's a link to the video they played (warning, extreme profanity and homophobia). 
I watched it--
just some idiot yelling for 8 minutes.
And really you're upset about a man in his 30s who calls himself the Corpsegrinder in a band called Cannibal Corpse. Are you honestly surprised he's an idiot?
Nice non-apology, huh? And they're not even clear if they're apologizing for Alliance bashing or homophobic remarks. And if you read the comments, you'll realize that apparently a lot of people think that this was just a faction bashing issue and a lot of the others seem to think that any homophobic remarks were imagined and people are inflated. One person told Ashley that if she was sensitive enough to be offended, she'd better stay out of the sun.
I skipped Blizzard's response because who gives a shit--
And that's a good point. If you're offended because someone who calls himself the Corpsegrinder (a man in his 30s) calls people in a video game gay it's really time to go outside.
My big frustration tonight, besides the pet store thing, was chocolate. After finding out that a lot of chocolate from the Ivory Coast is harvested by child slaves, I'm switching to fair trade chocolate. Unfortunately, even though Kroger had a few options in its health food section, nothing was Fair Trade. I did a bit of research tonight and found that, despite not being Fair Trade, at least two of the brands carried (Newman's Own and Endangered Species) were apparently slave-free since organic farms have their own certification processes that include labor. So, turns out I can keep eating peanut butter cups guilt free (except for the calories).

I don't mean to be preachy on this, but it's just something that strikes me as so unnecessary. Chocolate is a luxury, pure and simple. A child shouldn't be sold into slavery so that I can enjoy that luxury.
"I don't mean to be preachy on this" and yet you are.
You are 100% preachy.
But have fun typing this bullshit on that computer that has materials mined by child slaves.
No one talks about that shit because you really do need computers to be a cunt. You can give up chocolate and you'd probably live longer.
I wanted certain items from Yankee Candle that I wasn't sure I'd be able to get in the store, so I ordered from their website. 
Child slavery and Yankee Candle.
At some point today (possibly after finding local free-range eggs in Whole Foods), it occurred to me that it would be a great idea to raise chickens.
So this is what goes through a cunt's head when she's standing in my FUCKING WAY at the grocery store.
I don't know why people think it's a great idea to ask me if I can decorate a cake when I'm balls deep in potatoes.
Yes, clearly, I'm the man to be asking about cakes.
Not the woman putting cakes on a shelf.
Cakes she just decorated.
Clearly I am the one to be doing this.
But seriously. How cool would it be to be able to have your own humane, organic eggs?
I dunno.
Not that cool.
I can think of at least three dozen things that are way cooler than that and that's without even trying.
First, this is like my sixth session of Pilates.
Pilates.
 Second, mall. There was a CD stuck in my Macbook, so I had to go to the Apple Store to get it fixed.
Macbook, Pilates, bitching about bullshit social issues she has no control over, free range eggs, organic--
It's like a list of twat bullshit I'd want to avoid in a woman.
I have to admit, I almost walked out because I had made a personal shopping appointment from 2:30-3, but because I was fifteen minutes late due to traffic and the fact that it was impossible to find a parking spot and navigate the mall, they had given it away. 
Personal shopping appointment--
How self important can you be?
I'm now the proud owner of a 13 inch Macbook Pro with a 2.53 GHz processor, 4 GB memory, and a 250 GB hard drive. I debated long and hard about the 13 vs 15 inch screen, but I have a decent desktop to use and I really wanted the Macbook for portability.
When the fuck was this written?
Oh, 2009.
Guess that explains that.
So, 13 inch it was. I also went ahead and sprang for the 32 GB iPod touch, even though it meant paying a little extra to make up the difference. I'm not entirely sure how I'll be using it, but given some of the options for it, I think it's entirely possible I'll need the extra space.  
Watch out white woman spending money--
Anyway I'm going.
Goodbye.

No comments: