Monday, June 4, 2012

Fuck

Fuck.
In the meanwhile I had to have my computer reformatted AGAIN. Best Buy and I have a love/hate/hate relationship. 
Lol paying Best Buy to reformat your computer for you.
What, is putting the disc in too hard?
Soooo. My computer is in the shop again. HAHAHAHA orz. This time it was my fault, at least, le sigh.
LE SIGH
LE REDDIT GUYS
LE MONKEY FACE
Holy shit what the fuck are you doing?
In any case, I will be not online a whole bunch, as my chat programs all run out of the little guy. If you feel a burning need to chat with me, best bet is probably googlechat, even though I'm constantly invisible.
If you feel a burning need to talk to her not only would you be the first person ever you'd also have something seriously wrong with you.
1) Came back home to Ottawa. I'll be here for at least 10 days or so, so I'd better see everyone!
2) Finished my big bang! LOLOLOL it only just breaks 20K, but IDC. I am going to start sending it off for people to look at soon. :)
20,000 WORDS OF FANFICTION GUYS
I"M SO UNIQUE
This summer I'm taking a course of Shakespeare and a course on American Literature.

Anyone want to take bets on how long it will take me to try to commit suicide via books?

reading fanfiction is not gonna happen very much lolol 
I'm sorry to hear that.
Were there no other courses available?
What would possess someone to take American Literature and Shakespeare together?
Do you hate yourself?
Do you hate good classes?
I might have to face facts.

My big bang looks like it's going toward gen.


DAMN YOU BB, I WANTED TO MAKE THIS SLASH. 
The thing you're writing
is not going how you planned it
so instead of asking why and fixing it
you're just rolling with it not coming out the way you wanted--
you are aware you're in control of this thing, right?
What is a big bang, anyway?
Outside of a thing that happened a long time ago.
It's a fanfiction thing but at 20,000 words I'd hardly call that a big bang.
War and Peace?
Big bang.
In Search of Lost Time?
Big bang.
20k words wouldn't even qualify as a novel.
What role do you believe government should play in society? 
A regulatory role.
I just fixed a hardware problem with my computer without taking it in to be fixed.

I just took apart a computer and the result was my problem being fixed.

I am very pleased right now. 
How do you know it was a hardware problem?
Never mind.
I have to say, I hate the reaction by people of "WRITTEN A FIC ABOUT HAITI? SET AS A BACKDROP OF ENLIGHTENMENT AND ROMANCE FOR WHITE PEOPLE? AUTOMATIC FAIL."

I think the problem lies in the execution, not in the concept itself.

Basically, I am interested in stories that take place in this way. Stories where the characters are affected by their environment, learn from it, become better people. Pretty much anyone who has done volunteer work I think would agree with me-- helping people changes you.
Sounds boring.
Or like The Wide Sargasso Sea, whatever.
Oh man remember that book?
What a snore.
Do I think the idea of a story about white people volunteering at a black disaster site is automatic-racefail? No. Why? BECAUSE WHITE PEOPLE ARE VOLUNTEERING THERE. They are people in this whole she-bang too. And if it had all been done well, properly researched, and hadn't within itself contained loads of fail, I would be very interested in reading the story. 
SNOOOOOOORE.
So if it hadn't sucked it would have been awesome.
Yep.
Gotta agree with you.
Most things would be awesome if they hadn't sucked.
I'm changing how I'm dealing with fandom/real life. It's got to do with going back to school, and basically portioning my time correctly.

So a massive, massive friends cut is underway. Some of you I've known for years, some of you I've only known for a little while-- it's really not meant to offend that I'm cutting you. I don't dislike you. It's not even that I don't want to get to know you anymore. It's simply that I am no longer willing to put in the time commitment that would require.
CAN'T PUT THE PROPER TIME IN REQUIRED TO BE AN ANNOYING TWAT.
But you're that anyway so what gives?
Maybe fanfiction isn't what makes you an annoying twat. Maybe you're an annoying twat so you like fanfiction.
Took it again. Got ENFP. 
For some reason I read that as "FNP" or "Feel No Pain", a universal special rule from Warhammer.
I was about to say dang, that's basically the best special ability in Warhammer.
 ENFP is some sort of personality test where there are 4 2 item choices--
because a personality can easily be contained by a binary choice of 4 things--
and she got a shitty one.
This summer, I've been realising how alike my mother and I are- or at least, how much I'm like she was in her youth.

My mom collected Avengers comics. She really liked the Silver Surfer.

We've been watching the old trek movies. We finished Wrath of Khan tonight, and started on Search for Spock. I made a comment about George Takei playing Sulu as gay.

My mom? My mom calls this 'the gay movie' and brings up Kirk and Spock to back it up.

Guys, I think my mom would have been a shipper if she had been born later. We share a lot of fandoms. /I can imagine having my mom as a lj friend/.
Wow--
you guys are so cool.
Oh shit forgot to post this ha ha well here we go.
Errrr, man. Fuck work.

No comments: