Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Thank goodness I don't care

All right.
Let's read some shit.
One thing I've learned about ONTD_Political is that it isn't really that political. Like this story about new black politicians being hard right liners and how it's a shift from the typical "African American being Democrat" stereotype?
No comments.
Seemingly no one gives a shit.
Not that anyone should but it is unusual for a group about politics to care so little about politics.
But talk about gays and HOLY SHIT PREPARE FOR COMMENTS.
Anyway this seems like a suitable target.
I guess.
I haven't really read it so I don't know~
Today, I'm clicking through Tumblr, and I see this quote:
"Being a Marine is a state of mind. It is an experience some have likened more to a calling than a profession. Being a Marine is not a job – not a paycheck; it is not an occupational specialty. 
 I believe it, too.
My old college had a lot of military personnel for some fucking reason and the marines always seemed the least well adjusted.
This is the kind of stuff that parents just eat up, and the stuff that really loses its lustre when you're sitting in 134 degree heat in Taqaddum, Iraq, or when you're explaining to the CO for the fourth time that his computer doesn't hate him and it only does what he tells it to and "sir, you really can't leave your passwords on a sticky note stuck to your monitor because that's a violation of security policies", or when you're on a 15 mile hike just because your battalion commander got a bug up his ass two weeks ago and really wanted to hike around "scenic Camp Lejeune".
I dunno.
The only marine I'd ever consider being is a space marine and that's only because I'd be 9 foot tall and could spit acid.
Also the armor is really cool.
And fighting for the Imperium of Man seems way more noble (even if really heinous at times) than fighting for an oil company's bottom line.
Basically what I'm saying is if you want to sell me on warfare you have you make me superhuman first and then have a good reason for doing it second.
Oh.
And this is the only entry.
Heh probably should have looked closer, oh well--
So I started reading another blog to review, found a good one then realized I'd already reviewed it.
Man I have a weird photographic memory for this crap. Who remembers this blog except me?
It was that gay guy who wrote like a chick.
Wait no that doesn't narrow it down.
That gay guy who called his life partner beloved.
No, no one remembers that.
Forget it.
Another blog I've reviewed.
What the fuck is going on?
Here we go. Just kidding about the previous blog.
THIS ONE IS FRIENDS ONLY but don't worry I bothered to investigate this time and I've found that to be a filthy lie.
Dear Hollywood, who are the 3 actors you in your infinite wisdom have narrowed down to play Finnick? Let me guess... 3 white boys. Now Hollywood, let's review: Finnick Odair is 24 years old and described as being very handsome and tall with tan skin, bronze hair, and stunning sea-green eyes.
I had to Google this and apparently it's the sequel to Hunger Games.
Who cares?
She's upset this character is being played by a white man.
Because, you know, "tan skin" is clearly an indicator he should be black.
Although I see where she's coming from because if I'd read that in a book about a chick and then they picked a white chick instead of a brown girl to play her I'd be disappointed.
Not upset but I'd probably think twice about seeing the movie.
Then again one of my favorite books is The Count of Monte Cristo and any movie based on that book has more problems than the skin pigmentation of the actors in it.
Oh apparently this is a white girl whining.
Shut up.
I can totally be this hypocritical about this shit.
Watch me.
3. Yesterday I found out that someone who was really shitty to me for a number of years is living a really crappy life these days. I'm not happy she's miserable, I sort of feel... blank about it all. As much as I appreciate some good old fashioned revenge, this isn't really that for me. 
No because revenge is something you earn with your own two hands.
Someone picking on you in high school then subsequently leading a shitty life isn't really revenge.
It's incidental.
Unless we're applying that George Herbert quote.
You know the one.
"The best revenge is living well."
Bunch of crap.
I mean, she's an awful person, so I'm not overly shocked that she's finally getting her own crap back in spades. I think more than anything I'm sad that it all happened, and kind of mad at myself for allowing her to hurt me as much as she did. Live & Learn, I guess. 
Time to get over high school I think.
I mean there was this one asshole kid who picked on me in high school and no joke I'm seriously struggling to remember his name right now.
I think it was Mike.
Mike.
Mike something.
Mikey. Mikey boy.
I don't remember.
We're going to celebrate Beltane tonight, on accounta the full moon, even though 15 degrees Taurus proper doesn't happen till sun/mon. For us, Beltane has always been about the "charging of our scared dreams."
Yes.
Me too.
Beltane.
Sounds like a character in a JRPG who would be really annoying but you'd tolerate because she had a really useful ability or something.
The seeds of the new year, new cycle, new aspirations were planted at Spring Equinox, now Beltane charges them, or makes them fertile. For us, it's buying a house and having a little prosperity, plus health and joy for the new year's cycle. What are yours?
 PRAY FOR DEATH.
I always think of the Goddess Sedna when I think of my Pisces friends.
Sedna--
YOU KNOW SEDNA, DON"T YOU?
Me neither.
What the fuck are these things?


I love water goddesses. Sedna is my favorite, though. I just love that she was quantified as a "vengeful" goddess - her default state was to withhold the food the hunters wanted, and they had convince her to allow bountiful harvests. I don't know. That's just awesome.
What a cunt.
Does she need the harvest to live?
NO?
It's not like we're arguing about what to watch on TV. People need food to not fucking starve to death.
CONVINCE ME TO GIVE YOU A GOOD HARVEST
All right here's my master thesis:
1. it's your fucking job and
2. if you don't we fucking die
I cannot imagine the Greek gods acting this cunty. Sure they might fucking kill you or turn you into something but at least you never had to convince them of shit.
Ceres was goddess of the harvest and the hunt and she gave these things freely because that's what she did.
Unless Persephone, who controlled the seasons, held sway. Then times might get rough.
But you couldn't get mad at her. It's what she does.
What proceeds is more bullshit whinging about nonsense no one cares about--
recipes--
Something about bears, what--
I'm going to bed.

No comments: