Monday, November 22, 2010

This is really avant-garde.

So this is a person who has a blog but is writing it from the perspective of a character they created. I think.
To add confusion to this already confusing formula, the character also talks about the person writing the blog (the actual person) in third person.
Following along?
Me neither. Let's rumble.

For how much money would you be willing to spend a whole week away from the Internet, TV, and mobile phones? Would you suffer withdrawal pains?

If it's next week you're paying for my next semester of college because I'd probably fail if I had to go away from the internet.
This week-- ehhhhhhhhhhh I'd take 100 bucks.
I mean I could amuse myself with my DS for a week probably and that isn't explicitly banned so I have to assume it counts.
None, because I go for longer than a week when I'm adventuring.

*4th wall breakage*

Now, the person behind the screen is a different story. Give her a million dollars to do it and she will, while suffering from withdrawal pains.

Am I on drugs?
Why the fuck would you write like this? What possible benefits could it have over being normal?

So, apparently, DeviantArt is trying to give the one behind the screen's computer viruses again. Stay off DeviantArt for the next month. Oh and scan your computer more than once every five months. Maybe then you won't end up with 1067 things of Spyware on your computer. Surprised that there was no Malware at all. Just try to take better care of your computer, okay author?

Things of Spyware.
SURPRISED THERE WAS NO MALWARE. Do you even know what Malware is? When you get it you pretty much know instantly.
Name: Mortin
Universe: GSC/Gen II Pokemon

Oh.
Okay.

Age: Unspecified; anywhere between 18 and 22
Alliance: Hero
Pokemon on hand: Quil - Quilava; his starter, Gator - Totodile, Haunt - Haunter
Pokemon used in Gym Battles: Gastly, Haunter (x2), Gengar
Powers: Super Speed, 'Shape-shifting'
Other Forms: Two demon forms, a tasmanian tiger form, and echidna form

You know I've played through Pokemon Crystal a couple of times and I can't remember Morty changing into a demon or an echidna.
Oh and we've reached the end of this blog.
Bizarre.
OH NO I'M ABOUT TO VIEW CONTENT NOT SUITABLE FOR MINORS BUT I DIDN'T HAVE TO AGREE FIRST WHAT DO I DO?
Calm down, calm down. I still have to click to read each entry, so I only got one warning instead of two.
Just a little scary is all.
Anyway here we have a "furry surrealist's ramblings (ruh-roh). Answer to the previous question:

Depends on where I am. Stuck in my apartment without art supplies or a gameboy? I'd probably go mad. That would take at least three hundred bucks, I'd be losing money otherwise by not being able to do business.

Throw me in the mountains with a truck of Dick Blick supplies and a cozy cabin?

Anyone else stop reading at "throw me in a truck of dick"?
Here's a post where he explains how he has some kind of albinism and no one gives a shit.

It looks like my companion's dropping out of school. It's been a hard run, and while debt has piled, we think it best to just cut our losses. He's miserable, I'm sick of being annoyed with him over school issues and it'll free him up time to work. It all stems from him being pressured to go to school anyway, if it would have been okay for him to quit a while back, it would have gone so much better, but he was pressed to keep at it, and hated every step passionately.

OH POOR BABY.

It conflicted heavily with my grad school plans, as well as our need to get out of here so Dari can start trying out a new path as far as gender goes,

... What?
"A path as far as gender goes"?
It would have no effect on where Dari wants to work, and he has no real plans for ideal career anyway, it would have been just to please his parents.

I hope it was for the best.

>dropping out of college
>not having a plan
>for the best
Yeah probably not.
What, do you think things just work out by sheer coincidence?
I mean sometimes they do but what, you just expect things to go right? By what virtue?
Let's look at her paintings.
Oh I'm not allowed. I'm not privileged enough in the furry community to be privy to these wonderful works of art.
That's smart, too. Selling shit while blocking potential buyers. It's like you don't want money.
Not that I'd buy it, of course, but she doesn't know that.
Oh here we go.
It's-- hmm. It's not the worst thing I've ever seen but it is furry art so I dunno.
Also I like how she claims to be blind and yet produces coherent works of art that look like creatures I've seen in real life. I'm not saying it's impossible but yeah I'm calling bullshit on this one.

Visual Impairment angst again.

School starts again tomorrow, and I'm fussing and fretting over cane travel again. It's nothing new, I do it every year. I fuss and pout over everything, really.

I'm jealous as fuck at this one blind girl on my campus. She gets a balling dog and a balling cane and what do I get?
Oh yeah an entire sense she doesn't have.
Fair enough.

I found out we have a new student on campus who has a guide dog, and I find myself quite interested in meeting this person, I just hope it goes well. On one hand, I often feel like I want to meet other people who feel similarly, I guess I don't like feeling so alone, but on the other, my issues are kind of "tricky".

>Implying people have to think like you just because they're in a similar situation
FURRIES.
There's also the fact I have no binocular vision, in short, no depth perception. My cane has saved me more bruised shins, scraped knees and stubbed toes than I can think, but It's hard to use it just for those situations. It helps, a lot, but that really makes people wonder I suppose. The cane is also good or navigating shiny floors, I'm sensitive to glare and sometimes even get vertigo on them because they feel far away, this is also because my eyes don't work right.

Newsflash: no one cares that much.
What, she's seriously expecting someone to walk up to her and say "hey, how blind are you? Sorry I can't let you use this cane, then." No one gives a fuck. You could see across several spectra normal humans can't and I still wouldn't give a fuck if you used a cane.
The reason I don't stop and give in to my "pride" is that I know the light exposure is hurting me.
It's not obvious, it's slow, but every time I try to brave the great outdoors without a cane, I'm diminishing my vision.

You're like an incredibly whiny vampire.

Boy I wish I could. I wish I could find something that did the same thing, that didn't give the "wrong" idea. But unlike the rest of the world, glasses don't make my problem go away. Here's where the cane/wheelchair anaolgy goes against me, because people seem to think I went and "Got a wheelchair to deal with a stiff toe". Believe me, if I could have found something else, anything else, I would have tried it. But so far, nothing else works.

What, did you steal this cane from another blind person? Who cares? It's your cane. If you want to wear it up your ass that's your goddamn business.

I hope I get the nerve to meet and talk to this new student, and I hope the reaction does not become an issue of " No, she has problems, you don't"

Oh yeah I'm sure the campus is hanging onto this story.
Here's what your classmates are thinking:
I gotta get in that exchange student's pants somehow before she goes back to some unpronounceable "istan" country and then I gotta do this bullshit assignment for some fucking class I don't wanna take and then I--
Notice how "I" never vanishes from the thought. Because that's all people are thinking about.
Seriously, whether or not you agree with them, it's getting to be a really, really warm time of year, sweltering in some places. If you get a missionary at your door, even if you aren't interested, by all means, offer the poor kids some ice water.

No I don't want them to think that's an invitation for them to come back and talk to me about dumb bullshit. I think it's even a commandment: "bring ye your own water if you ventureth to the great yonder."
A few weeks ago, Dari and I got slammed with a 600 dollar critical bill. It was a computer error on the part of the bank AND the service (because we have awesome luck!), but something we're still responsible for paying.

Uhhh--
I'd switch banks if this were so.

I've put my motorcycle up for sale, I've tried whoring my art out everywhere,

Try just regular whoring.
I bet a freak show like you could get quite a few costumers who'd be in it just for the story.
I'm sorry that was insensitive of me and not very productive.
... Nah that's the best idea I've had yet.

Just an idea I've been kicking around.

I want to take a shot at drawing, well, a lot of the pokedex. I've been a pokemon fanatic since I was wee.

The problem is there's 400 and something of them,

649.
At the time of her writing: 493.
What, you're a huge fanatic, been into Pokemon forever but couldn't name the actual specific number of Pokemon?
Whatever.
and that's a lot of work to take on, especially for free, as free work always pulls some time from commissions.

Are you for real?
You know, guys, painting all these Warhams is a lot of work to do for free even though it's something I want to be doing.
I'm not saying you have to donate, but--
My conundrum is that I don't feel right being commissioned to draw characters under copyright.

I like how she says that like it's some kind of moral code she's following and not, you know, the law.
I have other motivations to make this a pay project as well. I became a pokemon fan because of my best friend, Caleb. He was my favorite person growing up, we got in a lot of trouble, and had a lot of fun together. He encouraged me to draw, he was part of why I'm a furry, he was my first boyfriend, and in 2004, he passed away at age 15, he had an extremely aggressive form of lymphoma. I've wanted to do a project in his honor for a while.

Heh, I still have his Arbok and Mew.

So here's a mindfuck, yeah: Mew and Ditto have the same colors (both regular and shiny forms) and weigh the same. Ditto is the result of a failed attempt to clone Mew.
Anyway what follows is a bunch of fuck and I think I have to go do something for a class.

No comments: