Wednesday, November 10, 2010

ZEAL AND FURY

Almost committed this update to my teaching blog. That'll leave a positive impression on future employers and current peers and coworkers: saying "fuck you" to high school age kids.
Fortunately today's target is older. I think. Anyway we have some shit today so let's go to it.
How do memories influence the decisions you make? Is it better to embrace memories, even the painful ones, or cast them off?

I thought today's WB was interesting. I suppose the problem with this question is it implies embracing memories and casting them off are mutually exclusive things. I can embrace memory and then cast it off.
Personally I feel if you're right-thinking (like how that Buddha fellow outlined) you don't actually need to actively remember anything because the lesson is already committed to heart but whatever people are dumb and like to reinvent the wheel.
Memory hangs behind me like a pale moon in a sunny sky. How is it even possible to cast off the hungry ghosts of one's past?

Easy my friend. Easy.
Just gotta do like Al Green said: lay it down, let it go.
2 swords from Todaiji Temple identified as treasures that went missing 1,250 years ago

The giant Buddha statue under which the swords were found is pictured at Todaiji Temple in Nara on Oct. 25. (Mainichi)IKOMA, Nara -- An X-ray scan has revealed two swords from Nara's Todaiji Temple are the two treasures that went missing from the temple's treasure room 1,250 years ago.

I find it fascinating there are Christian Churches, Muslim Mosques and Buddhist Temples with weaponry in them.
I don't know much about the teachings of Jesus Christ but I'm almost positive he's quoted with saying "Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."
I know the Bible is often not very clear at all but I defy someone to come up with another interpretation of that line besides "don't fucking fight you idiots."
Buddha and Mohammad (despite not practicing what he preached) both said similar things too, so what the fuck?

The Vatican has issued a warning against an organization known as Opus Angelorum, Work of Angels. This is an interesting-sounding organization founded by a woman named Gabriele Bitterlich, who claimed to be in contact with, and actively invoking, angels fighting demons.

I'm also pretty sure Warhammer taught us using fell powers to fight fell powers is no excuse for making pacts with demonic forces.
Ask Gregor Eisenhorn about it.

What's the craziest thing you've ever done to impress someone? Did it work?

Can't even think of anything. I do what I want, man.

I cut off the last digit of the little finger on my left hand.

Hardcore, son. Probably didn't win any ladies with such a display but I'll give you some credit: you're more badass than I.

Oh, wait. That was William S. Burroughs. I often confuse the two of us.

Oh, well fuck your shit. You've set the bar high only to disappoint me.

A manuscript by Nehemiah Wallington describing the Rebeccah West witchcraft trial and the activities of John Hopkins, the Witchfinder General, is being digitized.

Always good bedtime reading.
If you wanted to have children and had trouble conceiving, would you be more likely to consider IVF, surrogacy, or adoption, and why?

I think it's God telling you not to have children.
Not really but that's what I'd tell everyone to believe.
Kidnapping. Although it removes the joy of the Oedipal ending, it does add the excitement of other risks.

What the fuck? Why would you say something like that?
I know he's trying to be edgy and funny but goddamn he just admitted to pedophilia, basically.
Also you fucking idiot if you'd read Oedipus Rex you'd know he was adopted. I know that's not kidnapping but the critical plot element here was he was not raised by his biological parents.
You know the oracle told him he's destined to kill his father and marry his mother so his parents leave him to die of exposure (common practice in those days)?
Then a woodcutter happened upon him and gave him to a nice family who couldn't conceive?
Then he catches wind of his oracle and leaves his family thinking they were his biological parents?
Oh fuck you read a goddamn book.
Are You Sure You Want To Quit The World?

If you were desperate and hopeless enough to log on to a suicide chat room in recent years, there was a good chance a mysterious woman named Li Dao would find you, befriend you, and gently urge you to take your own life.

Am I reading the plot to a psychological thriller?
A bad one, that is.
Also I'd be interested in how "Li Dao" was written because I suspect it translates to something like "beautiful end" depending on the tone and such.
Subtle.
And, she'd promise, she would join you in that final journey. But then the bodies started adding up, and the promises didn't. Turned out, Li Dao was something even more sinister than anyone thought.

Turns out she's a malevolent spirit borne out of the internet aether.
No, wait.
So I read all seven pages of the article and it turns out it's a dude and etc. I can never tell gender online.
FUCKING PEOPLE PRETENDING TO BE GIRLS STOP IT

Do you think space exploration is important? Is it worth the billions our governments spend?

It's pretty much our future and we'll stagnate and die if we don't, so I guess so.
OH BUT NO TOO MUCH MONEY
SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT TO SPEND IT ON BULLSHIT
Aleister Crowley was born today in 1875 -- five years to the day after the death of Robert E. Lee. Coincidence?

... Yes, actually.
Hey I was born one month before Veteran's Day to the day. Coincidence?
When you doodle, what shapes, patterns, and/or creatures do you find yourself drawing? What do you think it says about you?

I already told you I doodle geometric shapes and wiggly shapes and lozenges and shit.
The Greater Seal of Solomon.

HERESY.
Anyway so closes another entry to Edie Finds a Corpse.

No comments: