Monday, August 30, 2010

OPEN BEEEEEETA MOTHERFUCKER

FFXIV open beta starts tomorrow. Oh, that doesn't mean they're letting peasants in-- it just means the master race already in can talk to your stupid ass about it without pretending it's some kind of secret club.
Awwww yeah.
Anyway here we have "The Rogue Bitch" one of the aforementioned peasants. I guess it's as they say: common birth, common man.
This is one of those blogs I love so much where I have to agree I'm 18+ (this time it's 18) and then click on each entry, agreeing once more I'm 18. Asshole if I'm 18 coming into it I'll still be 18 when I agree to each entry, won't I? What, are you trying to catch >18 people this way? Are they going to lie through the first one then suddenly get scared?
And for entries this complex you really need this level of security to ensure the children won't be scared.
I found this blog via the question of the day: "if you could change something about your past, what would it be?" And here's her response:
You know, I've thought about this a lot, since my past has been pretty unrelentingly shitty. But the weird thing is, if I didn't *have* that past, I wouldn't be who I am, and I really kind of like who I am.

So, no. I love how these bloggers write 50000000 words for something that requires ONE WORD.
This could be the start of a really excellent meme.

I checked out of the library "Fahrenheit 451: The Authorized Adaptation" which is a graphic novel that Ray Bradbury himself approved.

>Excellent
>meme
Finally, may I suggest that anyone reading this introduction to take the time to name the one book that he or she would most want to memorize and protect from any censors or "firemen." And not only name the book, but give the reasons why they would wish to memorize and why it would be a valuable asset to be recited and remembered in the future.
I just put a lot of thought into this. Would I memorize The Inferno or The Odyssey? Then I decided I'd memorize today's blog just to troll the fuck out of future generations.
OF ALL THE THINGS HE COULD HAVE CHOSEN TO MEMORIZE, THIS HORSESHIT is what they'll say about me :3
Every year my ex asks me if I want to take our daughter for Mother's Day (he usually has her on weekends) and I always laughingly tell him No.

"No, on the day we commemorate mothers I want the only thing that makes me a mother far, far away from me." Welp.

My idea of a good Mother's Day is one where I get to take a break from mothering.

Can't imagine why you're divorced.
Actually, yes I can: you write fanfiction and you have children. How hideously out of sorts is your life?
While there I got a phone call from J., telling me that Hari had developed a sudden ear infection and they were taking her to a Walgreen's clinic. I talked to Hari and she sounded *so* sad, but she's also a drama princess.

MY CHILD'S SUFFERING HAS NO EFFECT ON ME!
Also ear infections suck holy shit. I mean I've only had one once or twice because my childhood illness of choice was strep throat, but still, goddamn.
Tracy and I went to Borders, where I saw many books I wanted but did not buy (new JR Ward, favorite guilty pleasure, *lurid* red cover) and got another call from J.

Oh yes, this parenting thing. It's almost like sometimes you have to put your own interests after your kid or something. Man, this is tough!
Yes, ear infection, she was getting zithromycin and we would discuss whether Hari was coming home later on after she'd been dosed.

Well thank you Wallgreens and the other parent. Where might we be without the magic of "just walking the fuck in and a nurse telling you what you need"?
So I went home and performed a cleansing ritual to rid my house of what I suspected was a cursed object.

Err-- what?

Got rid of the cursed object before I went out to coffee.

You do realize you can't just "get rid" of cursed objects, right? You have to purify them or else you can't unequip/drop them from your inventory. Usually this just involves going to a priest and saying "deal with this" and after a fee you're good to go, but sometimes you have to go through a whole ordeal with climbing mountains and throwing rings into the hellfire used to forge it in the first place.

Then I bounced around at loose ends until J. and talked and determined that Hari should stay with him for the night and we would meet at 12 today.

"Tomorrow" or are we not bound by Euclidean geometry suddenly?
YES JUST SLEEP IT OFF AND I'LL REPEAT TODAY AND PICK YOU UP.
I didn't know "The Rogue Bitch" was such an accomplished time mage.
So that was my mother's day. No card, although I did get a bouquet. No one took me out for brunch, but I had a nice coffee date with Tracy. It was a good day, although strangely incomplete.

I just miss Hari.

Err, so when the whole "she's got this ear infection" thing came up you couldn't have just gone along? I mean if you really cared that much would you have gone to Border's and then went home to read and basically done everything except check on your stupid kid?

So you have a day in which you are on the outs with a friend, and you know you boned a Big Important Interview, and you come home with the groceries in the dumps, and go to get the mail --

-- and there's a box on your doorstep with yaoi manga in it!

The day where that happens and the thing that revitalizes my spirits is an animu where the main characters have gay sex is the day I kill myself.
I mean honest to Christ, it's not even something good like Fist of the North Star or Berserk.
I'm leaving this unlocked for other prying parties. It seems I need to provide an orientation for the Next Generation, since some don't really have a clue what "bitch" really means or who I really am.

Words I don't understand.

OMG Twitter. When did it become September on the Internet again?

... September starts in less than two days.
I vented (on Twitter) the other day about a coworker whose statements struck me as particularly dumb.

Wow what a huge mistake. You should have vented on your stupid blog where no one knows you. Your life is pretty devoid of content. You don't need to keep people in the loop.

This was met with one of my coworkers/friends making a statement (on Twitter) about how embarrassing it is when her friends talk shit about each other behind each others' backs.

Yeah, see? Then shit like this happens.
So I took it to her, asking what she meant and asking she talk to me directly if I did something she didn't like.

HURR DURR

Two days later, the party of whom I spoke decided to follow me on Twitter. Suspicious, no?

I'm pretty sure they're not engaging in CLANDESTINE OPERATIONS, here. I'm pretty sure they're not trying to keep this a secret from you, you fucking dunce.
And then today she collared me and asked me "what was up" with saying she was dumb as a box of hammers in a public forum.

"I mean I've encountered turnips with more on the ball than you." NO REMORSE.
I mean you're already a self-described "bitch", so you already suck. Might as well be a bitch with some conviction.
So I told her that she said something I found stupid and vented about it, and I didn't feel I needed to justify myself.

No, see, now you're getting defensive. I DON'T NEED TO JUSTIFY MYSELF WAAAAAH. Just repeat what you think in a different form and not a single fuck was given.
She said she didn't know and why was I acting surprised that something was coming back to me on a public forum.

I'm not fucking surprised.

So what are we doing here, exactly?
Oh, here's her "online lineage" and I'm sure I'm about to be impressed.

1984 -- 14 years old, used a very rudimentary message system at the Hanover Youth Center, which was probably tied in to the Dartmouth system.

Born 1970, so that makes you--
OLD ENOUGH TO NOT BE ACTING LIKE THIS, CERTAINLY.
Know what I was doing in 1984? BEING -3, AND EVEN I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU.
Wow what a tremendously boring story. My own online adventure doesn't even begin until you're halfway through yours and yet mine has stories of destroying demons and aliens.
I guess it's not how long you've lived it's what you do in the interim, huh?
I don't really give a shit about you (whoever you are) and what you think. If I did, I wouldn't vent about you in forums either public or private.

If you didn't give a shit you wouldn't need to vent in the first place.
Am I going insane?

If you find out about what I say, and confront me with it, don't expect me to be apologetic.

I dunno, explaining your course of action in this much depth rings of apology to me. You do realize you don't have to say "I fucked up, I'm sorry" for it to count as an apology, right? An "apology" is just a defense for something, really.
That's why you see in the Bible all those "apologies" to the Galatians and shit.

About the only consequence about this whole idiotic foofaraw that bothers me is that a friend I care about decided to unfollow me because she was "grossed out" and has "too much respect" for me to watch me "act like a thirteen year old". I'm not sure which part of that I'm guilty of: posting in the first place, or asking who might've told the offended party, or..?

ACTING LIKE A 13 YEAR OLD, IDIOT.
Jesus Christ, talking bad about people on Twitter, seriously? Then being "amazed" (or no, not amazed, just so not-amazed you have to act like you're amazed) and having to text your friends about it? You're 40 years old, for Christ's sake.

I am still dealing with the fallout of what happened and still intermittently sad and enraged.

Maybe it's just my own life but somehow when people talk about the "fallout" of their failed relationships I'm somehow less than impressed because when I hear the word "fallout" it's usually in relation to radiation.
Listen I'm sure your relationship was hard but when you say "fallout" I have flashbacks to giant, radiation-mutated scorpions, okay.
Apparently she had a falling out with her friend and now her daughter is upset and who gives a shit, honest to God?
What follows is just an endless litany of fanfiction so I guess it's time to go do something productive with my life.

No comments: