Monday, August 9, 2010

A tale of minor inconvenience

I don't even know what the fuck. I found this jack off through the WoWfurries (wow imagine, furries play World of Warcraft) group, so enjoy. Get ready for a lot of excitement, this is gonna be great--
For fur cons, most of my days are planned using the event schedule. I make a note of the panels and events I want to attend, and disregard the others.

You thought fur conventions were for a bunch of goddamn dorks to dress like animals and make asses of themselves? Let me tell you, there are tactical readouts and everything. It's like preparing for goddamn D-Day. Churchill didn't have shit on this logistical prowess.

The time I don't spend at a panel is time I use for fursuiting, socializing, taking photos, etc.

The time I don't spend being a dork I spend being a dork, just to specify.
Honest to fuck, this is why everyone hates you, furries. It's not a lifestyle, it's a fetish. You don't see BDSM people with conventions, do you?
Well actually yes you do.
But my point still stands.
Now he's talking about Anthrocon and I can follow him on Twatter if I want to stay UP TO DATE on this important yearly festival. (It's like Christmas to Christians, Yule to the Norse, etc etc).
I remembered that the Fursuit Charades started at 10AM,

Fursuit Charades? Why, it's like regular charades except really cool!
In other news, I've started playing Champions Online. I'm at level 27 now (max level is 40), and I'm enjoying the game. It's not World of Warcraft... not even close.

Of course, because nothing can match the gaming perfection that is World of Warcraft. Everquest? Ultima Online? MUDs? What the flying fuck are those? WoW invented MMOs, case closed.
My video card died. I had to replace it because I have no on-board video on the motherboard, and my backup machine uses an AGP card (the slot for which is also absent from my board). I thought a 9400GT would be enough for me until later, when I planned to upgrade my desktop. It wasn't. I had to turn most of the settings down in World of Warcraft... that's how bad it was. So, I exchanged the 9400GT for a GTX 260. Yes, it's much better... and larger.

I'm pretty sure the 9400GT can run WoW on max comfortably. Are you sure you're just not good at computer?
Also, yes: you really need the graphical processing of a GTX260 to run a game that looks like it was made in 1999.
Can't the GTX260 run Crysis on max? I'm not saying you're a goddamn idiot for wasting your money on a card you clearly don't need and won't use a quarter of, but you're a goddamn idiot.
The GTX 260 is so large that it wouldn't fit in the case I had. The hard disk bays on the bottom of the case were welded to the frame, and there was no way I could get them out without using a few different tools (and possibly ruining the case altogether). So, I had to buy a new case that could actually house the video card. :|

Ah yes, the elegant solution I came up with: mount your motherboard upside down and suddenly everything has headway. Then I found out I could unscrew the hard drive cages. Of course I did research before I bought shit to make sure it could all fit but not everyone is gifted with my incredible foresight so I guess you can be forgiven.
Now here's a picture of a guy in a furry suit wearing boxer shorts and a cape and he's standing in a hotel lobby.
Any single part of this is completely insane but for some reason the whole thing together is really crazy. Do these people ever take a step back and say "wow, I'm really fucking crazy"?
Oh here's a picture of his World of Warcraft character. Huge surprise: he's a Tauren.
Bet he can't wait for the new expansion to come out where humans turn into wolves.
Oh my Christ all he posts about are these fucking furry conventions. Who knew there were so many in a year?

Some people are so focused on their fantasies, and so immersed in their rose-colored, make-believe, cartoon worlds, they forget how things work in real life.

I have a lot of trouble taking this from someone who pretends to be an anthropomorphic lion for many weeks out of the year.
In the real world, you don't mouth off to others (especially those you don't know) and treat them like dirt. That's one of the fastest ways to get yourself laid out on the concrete, in pain and bleeding.

In the real world most people don't resort to violence immediately upon a disagreement. Maybe one day you'll join the real world and learn this.
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
- Thomas Paine

LEAD FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF THE WAY, SHIT BRO.
RANGERS LEAD THE WAY HURRRRR
Shut the fuck up you furry idiot.
Coworker: Hey, your license plate, does it have anything to do with the Detroit Lions, like your jacket?
Me: Yes and no.
Coworker: Yes and no? OH! Are you a Leo?
Me: No. I was born in July... Cancer.
Coworker: Really?
Me: The plates, though... that's more of a lion thing. You know, the big cat. Not so much the Detroit Lions.
Coworker: Oh, okay. Thanks!

Oh God, I have a lion plate on my car. I also have a lion on my jacket.
Surely people don't think I'm one of these people, though. At least, I hope not. I just have it because lions are cool and heraldry is awesome. I just want people to know I'm ready to take the holy land at a moment's notice.
The grand prize was a Compaq PC, but I didn't think about it because I'm not one for sweepstakes or lottery games. When I got back to work, I opened the box... lo and behold, there was a game piece that said I'd won the grand prize. It was legit; I mailed it in, and they sent the PC to my home address.

Oh this is like a Zen riddle. You've won a Compaq PC. Are you really a winner, though?
I guess in life everything is a gamble and if you get cancer you're not the proud recipient of cancer, are you? No.
Also if that wasn't clear enough: I'm comparing Compaq to cancer.
I don't have any deep, dark secrets. No skeletons, no secret lovers, no off-the-wall fetishes... nothing like that.

>No off-the-wall-fetishes
>furry
Ho-boy.

I'll tell you what I do know, though. I'm 32 years old. The clock's tickin', and it ain't goin' backwards.

Yes, glory be to the sunrise that brings our doom.
Aren't you a little old to be into this whole furry thing? I mean I'm certainly not one to judge playing Pokemon into my 20s but at least I don't dress up as Gengar and have gay sex with a guy dressed as Pikachu.

I bought the strategy guide for SoulCalibur IV because I wanted the promo soundtrack disc.

>Strategy guide
>fighting game
>Soul Caliber IV
>bought it for the soundtrack (which you can get online for nothing)
There are like ten things wrong with this I don't even know where to start.
I'd like to take this chance to inform anyone reading this I actually cut a lot out of his blog. Quite a few entries were about people paying him compliments and what a fucking ace he is and shit. I cut these out partially because they were all the same (I even found an instance of two word-for-word sentences two years apart) but mostly because I couldn't get all the way through them without starting to gag a little.
Well I guess this brings to close another awesome entry from me. I'd like to take this time to remind everyone (not that I'm keeping track) that Pokemon Black and White has a mere 39 days, 17 hours and 54 minutes at the time of this writing until release and FFXIV has a mere 43 days, 6 hours and 54 minutes.
Nothing for months at a time then suddenly everything comes out the same goddamn week. Isn't that the way?

No comments: