Friday, August 31, 2012

Oh Jesus Christ what's he doing

So Clint Eastwood was caught talking to a chair in front of thousands of people.
I know, I know, but I think we all need to remember he also involved in this scene.
Also this one.
So I think in a career of scenes like this we might forgive him one really deeply uncomfortable one.
I mean remember Play Misty For Me?
You're allowed one like that every 20 or so years.
Anyway, welcome...
TO OBLIVION!
What is your must-see holiday movie?
Oh yes, that's right. The only reason I picked this blog was because it brought me back to the halcyon days of the writer's block.
Those were good times.
I think my answer then was Die Hard and my answer today is still Die Hard.
Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas, from Community. Hell, I just may make it an occasion to rent and watch all three Community Holiday Specials on the same day.
I've heard of this.
Wait no I haven't.
If you could ask the leader of your country anything, what would it be?
How'd you feel about Clint Eastwood's speech?
Was it even more awkward if you're the subject of it or no?
Boxers or briefs?

Because really - we're talking about Obama here. 
We're talking about a man well known for not answering any hard hitting questions, true.
I think mine was topical, but I can't blame you for answering this two years ago.
He may not make policies that we all agree with, but physically? He's fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine...
 
I don't even know what to say to this.
...
No I think we better just move on.
Mississippi is voting on November 8th on whether to pass Amendment 26, the "Personhood Amendment". This amendment would grant fertilized eggs and fetuses personhood status.

Putting aside the contentious issue of abortion, this would effectively outlaw birth control and criminalize women who have miscarriages. This is not a good thing.
I know it hasn't happened yet but Arizona wanted to pass a law that made conception start at 2 weeks before-- err-- conception.
That would also effectively outlaw masturbation.
Some of you out there are Christian.

Some are even Episcopalian.

And some, even go to church! 
:VV
If you're in this group, and want to try out something new, may I suggest All Saints Episcopal Church. http://allsaints-seattle.org/ We're a small, funky, diverse congregation located in Rainier Beach. We have LGBT congregants, we have little elderly white church ladies, and we have a growing population of African immigrants, primarily from Nigeria. All of us are led by our wonderful, spiritual, beautiful vicar, Reverend Carla Robinson. 
>letting women preach
>ANNO DOMINI PRID KAL SEPT MMXII
"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law."
- 1 Corinithians 14:34
BUT YOU KNOW I'M SURE YOU'RE NOT MEANT TO TAKE THAT ONE LITERALLY.
The Bible is only literal until it says something uncomfortable. I've learned that.
She has the distinction of being one of the only Black pastors in the Diocese of Olympia, and one of the only MTF Transgendered pastors in the entire Episcopal Union. She gives really dynamic sermons, and the church as a whole has an important social justice bent. We even have our own Social Justice Committee. 
>politics
>church
"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"
- Matthew 22:21
But I'm suuuuure that's not literal either.
However, even if you're not Christian, we could still use your help. 
Have you tried praying?
So apparently this person's hobby is taking the bus to different places.
That sounds like an awesome time. Wake up at 4:30 to take a bus 3000 miles.
Wow this is really boring.
Know what's good reading?
Someone's itinerary.
Did you know that you can go from Seattle to Vancouver, BC using only public transit options? You can! I did it! 
My real question here is "why would I want to?"
Aaaaaand I'm up to the beginning of this blog.
I guess good job not posting tons and tons but on the other hand what you did post really sucks so--
fuck it I'm awarding 0 points.
NO STARS.

No comments: