Friday, January 20, 2012

Death is the final failure of the weak

Today we have some Muslim girl named Franky.
No I don't get it either.

Who do you think would make a great U.S. president?

In TOR there's this Sith Lord who looks strikingly similar to Obama.
Subtle commentary from Bioware?
Just kidding, Bioware is incapable of subtlety.
Either way I'd vote for Darth Obama over the current Obama.
Barack Obama is probably the best choice right now. If people would work with him rather than against him things would go more smoothly than they are now. Especially since he is making sure those that can afford to pay their taxes actually do.

No I like my answer better.
Ok so I really should get a Berserk Avatar but honestly, I fell in love with the series.

Like actually, I love it 5x more than Bleach. Maybe cuz there is palpable romance I don't even know. XD

>Liking Berserk for the romance
You might be able to tell from the title but "romance" isn't at the forefront of the plot of Berserk.
Honestly I never thought I would be saying that, that I love something more than Bleach because for the longest time Bleach and art supplies have been my major obsessions. So for me saying that I like Berser more than Bleach, especially right near New Years, it felt like the end of the world.

So that's what Japan has contributed to fiction. Bleach and Berserk.
If I had to pick two dissimilar fighting animus out I probably couldn't come up with two less alike than Bleach and Berserk.
Because GAduhdsfulhfiulhgewiuhafkfkbkjb. Ahhhh I try to bring my thoughts into a coherent thought process but I fail.
Maybe I should start with a list.

Maybe you should spare me the fucking details.

1. It's dark.
Yeah, the darkest manga I've actually seen. Darker than fucking Criminal Minds.

DARKER THAN CRIMINAL MINDS!?
How is that even possible?

There's demons, raping demons, torture, crazy psychopaths, lots of gore, corrupt leaders and craziest of all human greed.

You really sound 13 when you're describing Berserk. That's what makes a dark story, huh?
Rape, demons, gore and greed. Wonderful.
While we're at it, Lord of the Rings had all of those things and it's considered high fantasy. Maybe there's something more to the distinction than SO HARDCORE, DEMONS?

2. The main male's character's name is Guts and he has normal hair.
Like seriously what a simple yet badass name and his hair is black. Not red, blonde, pink or blue. Just black. And he has character fricken development and physical limits. Woot.

Guts: based on a real person.
Whose name was Gatz.

3. Caska.
One female chick who pwns everyone like Cagalli (from Gundam Seed). She is badass and empowered and a leader and black. I don't mean to be racial but she is black/brown/middleeastern and you NEVER see that without some deep fried chicken stereotype.

I like Berserk a lot but you liking it is seriously making me reconsider my choices in life.
Most people I know who like Berserk like it because of the aforementioned darkness but somehow avoid describing rape demons or the color of peoples' hair when explaining why its dark.
Most people point to the desperation of 90% of the plots or the incredible brutality of the entire series or the fact that people are beyond superhuman and yet barely edge out a victory in all of the fights in the entire series (hopelessness being a key component to dark fantasy).
4. Berserk is set in a midieval time period.

Medieval*
I know Bleach is set in modern day (technically) but everything looks Medieval and everyone dresses Medieval so I don't really see much of a distinction.
Maybe it's because Berserk looks European and Bleach is obviously Japanese?
The art.
OMG the art. So anatomical, the people actually look like people. This guy knows how to shade with ink.

True story: you can email the creator of Berserk (email on his website) and you'll get a response in broken English in a couple of weeks.
I've done it.
His inspirations include the Guin Saga (no idea what that is) and the artwork of Go Nagai.
Go Nagai is famous for his clean style and humor injected into serious situations.
So the polar opposite of Berserk.
I don't understand.

So.... life.
I'm in a love-hate relationship as per usual.
Hating because I have Fibromyalgia along with all my other shit and I was just recently bed ridden for two days out of sheer pain and numbness.

Can we keep talking about Berserk instead? I like it a lot more when you're not whining.

So I have my Muslim family over and I have issues communicating with them, it's not surprising considering I don't know Arabic particularily well or even a word of Dutch. This is the first time I've met my younger cousines, both asshole boys (in a cute annoying way) and my new aunt....

She's quiet but she knows French, we talk sort of but she's really bad at French soooo.... it's hard.

Today she came into my room and for 45 minutes I tried to guess what she was saying. I really tried. She's making all these hand gestures and when I suggest bathing suit she goes "Parfait!"

This is really interesting.
I really care about whatever the fuck it is I'm reading.

So I assumed that she got forgot her bathing suit in Holland and I offered her one. This is hard though because again I repeat she is Muslim and might as well use a body suit.

This is the problem with the Arab world. You keep those brown girls wrapped up like that, what are you people thinking?
Give me some time with them. I think I can unburden them from their silly religion.

There she shows me a Zumba video on youtube and says she does it. Then she goes on to babelfish trying to tell me something. After 15 minutes of mistranslations, she calls my uncle up because his profession is being a professional translator. This is what he had to say:

Oh great, let's struggle through a 45 minute conversation when someone can just translate for us.

"My wife says don't eat meat past 8 oclock, you'll get fat. Practice Zumba and it will help you lose weight. You know don't eat white bread. Bread makes you fat. She saysto use a hoola hoop to get a womanly figure. And.... to practice hip rolls where no one is watching."

Them brown girls man.
I just politely nodded my head and smiled wondering if she thought I was fat. All I heard in those sentences was fat and I wanted to hide in a corner. It's easy for her to say though, she hides her whole body in three different layers of clothes. She doesn't have a metabolic disorder and she's not forced to eat only meat and certain vegetables in her diet. And that I do indeed excercise going for runs and swimming.

Sounds like she's not making fucking excuses and she's taking care of herself.
It's nice to know I'm fat again.... at 150lbs. That my butt is too big and my boobs too bouncy. That my arms have no defined muscles. That my flat stomach and hour glass shape are not actually real.

>150 pounds
Let me do some quick calculations--
You should be 6'4" at that weight.
Yes, thank you.

I'm a girl.

DON'T HIT ON ME SILLY BOYS xP

Who misses a lot of school.

But would never a ditch a friend.

And if you compare me to a twat, well let's just say you'll regret it.

More so than the guy who has black eye right now.

Is that a threat?
I'll take my chances, actually. You admitted you're 150 pounds with no muscle mass.
I imagine I can at minimum outrun you, Jabba.

Which one book should everyone read, and why?

The Inferno.
Maybe then all of you wouldn't be horrible people.

Memoirs of a Geisha because it's all about reaching your dreams and pursuing happiness. Despite all the obstacles Sayuri/Chiyo has to overcome she learns something new along the way.

No I like my answer better.
Here's a post where she implies she's Arab and Irish.
I don't understand. And a white girl--
And Egyptian.
Apparently I don't know how race works.

I'm a FEMALE GAMER, so I MUST be ugly.

So the way this works is it's a huge list of stereotypes and you're supposed to put the ones that you are but don't fit the stereotype of in bold.
But I think as we all know this one is true.

I'm a GIRL who actually EATS LUNCH, so I MUST be fat.

Based off evidence earlier you could stand to skip a lunch or two.

I'm OVERWEIGHT, so I MUST have a problem with self control.

You just admitted to eating sour gumdrops mixed with ramen noodles for lunch.
Ignoring that's the most disgusting combination in history you clearly lack that part of the brain that tells you when something is a bad idea.
This is why you don't date second generation brown girls.

What is the best science fiction movie of all time, and why?

Blade Runner.

Planet of the Apes...
Nah just kidding
For me I always found the whole concept of the Matrix baffling yet tangible.
Theres also this t.v. show by Joss Whedon called Firefly which is really realistic.

If your answer isn't The Empire Strikes Back, Blade Runner, Aliens or Soylent Green you are objectively wrong.
Here's her top thirteen movies.
Why thirteen?
Anyway--
General Picks
1. Let The Right One In
2. The Dark Knight
3. Juno
4. The Boy In Striped Blue Pajamas
5. Memoirs Of A Geisha
6. Slum Dog Millionaire
7. Dogma
8. The Notebook
9. Pan's Labrynth
10. The Grudge
11. Lucky Number Slevin
12. Mystery Men
13. V For Vendetta

I've seen one of these.
I am so disconnected from modern culture and sometimes I'm really reminded of this.
But I've seen every Clint Eastwood western~
Anyway this blog is really boring so I'm going to go do something else with my time.

No comments: