Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Furries & Cthulhu

Furries and H.P. Lovecraft.
This is a thing.

Who or what is your opposite?

Today's writer's block.
A lot of people expressed confusion at this question because they're stupid.
My complete opposite is Livejournal.

Someone who goes '!!! ngathF uhluhtC aI aI' I'd guess.

Get it because Cthulhu cultists say Cthulhu Fhtagn in H.P. Lovecraft stories, and that's Cthulhu Fhtagn written backwards.
Oh that's not funny.
Whatever.

Quick post...I got a new car. Got a brand new 2012 Kia Rio LX. Black, manual, and it goes zoom. *happy dance* Pictures come later.

I skimmed a couple of posts where he says shit like "I'm a happy fox" and the gay little "happy dance" bullshit was really the topper. I feel my fury building.
Soon I'll be able to unleash my fury bar and time slows down and killing heals me.
Monday. *sigh* And I'm already wishing for a relaxing weekend. Hell, I need a day off to recover from the weekend. Note to homeowners, while the peel and stick vinyl floor tiles are an order of magnatude easier to deal with, the sticky gloop SUCKS.

"Sticky gloop", or "glue" as people with the same amount of life experience as a two year old can tell you.

Especially on finger tips (learned something new I really can't stand).

I don't get his aside there but whatever.
Also a protip any seven year old can tell you: if you rub your fingers together in a circular motion all the glue comes off.

Meh mood, kinda wishing I could disappear into a Lovecraftian story. Yeah, I know that's kind of demented of me. I blame all the time playing Call of Cthulhu for this, a 1920's version of me with linguistic skills. Yeah, we used to take bets on how quickly my character with Latin, Greek and Arabic skills would go insane from reading forbidden lore that we found during adventures.

That is positively zany!
Why the hell did I pick this blog, anyway? What is there to say to this?
Good job on that roleplaying, kid.
Most of you will remember some of my recent (6 months or so) firewall installs that went, less than perfectly.

Oh yeah I remember that.
Crazy times, bro.
CISCO FIREWALLS AM I RIGHT?

What is a synonym for your LiveJournal?

The synonym for all Livejournals is "shit".

Not having the greatest mood today. Miscommunications and frustrations lead to crappy sleep and weird dreams. Really, dreaming I was being tested on how to pick locks while my apartment disappeared around me, and my parents were standing there waiting to see how I did.

You feel like you're a failure in the eyes of your parents (and, really, how could you not? They raised a furry) aaaaaaand you're worried the quality of your life is about to decline, or you're afraid you'll never be able to escape your current life situation.
How am I at dream analysis?
I really just made it up from an aggregate of fears all people share currently.
Sunday was Amythest time. Laundry, cop shows, and general being around each otherness. Started serious plotting on something that I'll be talking about more later...once it's offical. *mischevious grin* Yes, another secret. You'll live.

Are you seriously implying your faggoty secrets have an affect on me?
If someone told me a week from now you died in an unrelated bus accident I'd be happy if your mediocrity didn't make you so forgettable.

Well, I seem to be feeling better. Still coughing up gunk,

Gunk
More like semen

Yay for feeling almost human. Going to go out and get lunch, then hang out with some friends tonight. Yay for a chance to see fellow hominids.
If someone said to me in real life "yay for a chance to see fellow hominids" I would stab him in the stomach with a rusty fork.

if I feel betterish tomorrow night I may go to an ufie shindig, or I may not.

A what?
An ufie shindig.
Is this English?
Wikipedia suggested I might have meant "Ekwe" or "Nze na Ozo" instead.
Of course, Nze na Ozo. How could I have been so stupid?
ARE THESE WORDS?
Google suggests I meant Uffie (naturally) who is apparently some sort of--
What is this music?
WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY LIFE?
I'm just going to pretend like none of this happened and we'll never speak of it again.

Read an article about how companies should let employees pick their own job titles. I'm in favor of this, and would cheerfully stick 'Shoggoth Wrangler' on business cards.

"Bane of Kings and Sorrow of Mothers" is my new title.
Hi, how are you?
What kind of awful idea is that? For everyone who picks a normal title there'd be 3 jackasses like me walking around as Arch Inquisitor of Shaadom and shit.
Well, I slept last night...had mondo vivid dreams.

He bitches all the time about his weird dreams and then posts endlessly about the latest macabre horror story he's read/watched. Gee, I wonder if there might be a connection?
You know I consume a lot of weird fiction myself and I also have bizarre dreams. It sort of goes with the territory. You can either view them, as I do, as a reward for your devotion to the bizarre or you can be a complete pussy about it.
This post actually decays into such a grammatical nightmare that I think he cut entire sentences out and forgot to stitch what remained back together properly.
Not reading this--

Not in the best moods today, not really sure why. Had weird dreams, including one about Batman, and another where I was cleaning a automatic pistol.

Sounds pretty legit to me.
Oh I forgot to mention: he lives in Texas.
I knew I didn't like this asshole more than usual.

If you could solve one problem in the world, what would it be?

Texas.
It'd sink into the ocean.

The distinct lack of squid girls in the current media climate.

Whoa easy there, buddy.
I've heard of some fucked up fetishes in my day but this is a new one to me.

Nergal, aka my Windows box here at the Shoggoth Pit, is finally back up and running. Bad RAM = random blue screens = me mothballing the box til I cared enough about Windows to fix it.

Switching out RAM takes all of, what, 20 minutes if you bother to clock it and all that?
Still sick, stayed home. Feeling a little better, but not healthy. Meh. No, I haven't gone to the doctor. It's a cold, there isn't much the doc can do about it.

Other than SUCK IT UP, PUSSY.
So let me see if I understand this correctly: you hate weird dreams and you're sick constantly. Being sick is well known for giving you weird dreams so your solution to combating this admitted problem is to consume the weirdest media you can possibly find.
Not the solution I would have gone with if this is a serious problem in my life but then again I'm not a furry deviant on Livejournal.

Well, so far I've watched half of 'Red Sonya' (and turned it off, the cheese was too much), 'Conan the Barbarian (2011)' (Still fun on second viewing), and now on to 'Solomon Kane', aka the most ass kicking Puritan on the planet.

It sucks. Don't bother.
You know that character that doesn't have a backstory and is basically built around being hardcore and not giving a shit?
Let's give him a really angsty backstory complete with failing to rescue little kids whom he feels responsible for. That'll get asses in seats for sure!
What? It went straight to video?
WHY WOULD THAT BE?
Last I checked there was a complete rip of it up on Youtube because even MGM, the company so bankrupt it's selling its half finished movies to other companies to evade bankruptcy for another five minutes hasn't even bothered to file a DMCA on its own movie because it sucks that hard and they know it.
All I want to know is what madman bothered to cut that movie into five segments and upload them to Youtube. What would that imply? He watched the movie, decided "gee, I wonder if I can find this MASTERPIECE on Youtube?", checked, couldn't find it, rewatched it, cut it up, made an account, uploaded each segment (a multi-hour waiting period) then sat back and reveled in his own madness?
My plan for today is to watch all the Robert E. Howard based movies I own. For no other reason than to have an order, I'm doing them in the years they were released. So, starting with...
Conan the Barbarian (1982)
Conan the Destroyer (1984)
Red Sonja (1985)
Kull the Conqueror (1997)
Solomon Kane (2009)
Conan the Barbarian (2011)

Wow. The movie industry has not been kind to Robert E. Howard.

This should keep me busy til bedtime.

That'd keep me busy until I found something else to do which would take all of 10 minutes.
I liked the first Conan movie and even Conan the Destroyer (in a "this is so bad it's almost good" Mystery Science Theater kind of way) but if you said "let's watch these movies back to back" I'd probably tell you to get the fuck out of my house.
Who pays on a first date?

A writer's block at some point.

*tries to remember his last first date that involved exchange of funds*

Yeah you're such a stud you can't remember that many girls ago.
Loser.
Also knock this fucking emote bullshit off. This isn't a fucking play you're writing. "I'm trying to remember my last first date" is what you meant to write, dipshit.

Not a clue...though since I was raised quasi-old fashioned, I'd say me.

Yeah.
I'm sure.

I can't even write a good rant nowadays, I worry that I'll offend someone. *sigh* *goes off to hide under his desk* Well, maybe all the meh stuff happening this Monday means that tomorrow won't be as weird as it usually is. *vain hopes*

God you're a simpering wimp. I've never wished to pummel someone more than I do right now. My knuckles literally ache at the prospect of them meeting your jaw.
If someone told me they were offended at my blog I'd tell them to eat 53 dicks and promptly stop reading it.

Bad mood, I can still haz it. Just feeling tired, and blue, and generally wanting to avoid people.

Just read your own blog. I'd be so fucking pissed at myself if I were you.

Well, mood bottomed out. Was out with Amythest, and mood just kinda died. No reason, nothing happened...just went boom. Didn't help that the boss called, he wanted to know why something was why it was, and I really couldn't give him an answer. I hate that.

Just make up shit.
"It's that way because if it isn't the internet crashes."
People aren't good with technology. He'd buy it.
Also tell your boss to back the fuck off. What, are you letting him inadvertently cockblock you?
Anyway fuck this blog and fuck Livejournal too, while I'm thinking of it. I read the happiest news I've ever read on Yahoo last month: Livejournal posts are down 500%.

No comments: