Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Let's-- I think we've been here before.

I've clicked on this blog previously because the name is linked in purple instead of blue. Have I reviewed it? All blogs melt together in their mediocrity. Probably not, I'd remember a name as pretentious as "Me and My Euphonium". How this evaded my auspices last time is beyond me. I probably saw a lot of words and said "nope".
Blogging is a lot like school where you end up reading without really reading.
Anyway you may have heard today is the day John Lennon died. With that said everything must be Beatles related (I'm currently listening to AC/DC):

Which song by The Beatles is your favorite, and why?

I cut the link but the words "The Beatles" links to Wikipedia in case you're 12 and have never heard of them. In which case you shouldn't be answering this because you have no informed opinion about The Beatles but whatever.
This is another difficult one. On one hand, there's Hey Jude which reminds me very much of Hawkeye football. Go Hawks!

I-- what?
The correct answer is "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" incidentally.

There are a number of them that remind me of my ex. I think that I will go with Let It Be. The "Mother Mary" is interpreted by some to be a Catholic reference.

Oh no shit? Mother Mary might be a reference to Christianity, how about that?

Paul explained that he was referring to his own mother named Mary.

If I ever write a song I'm going to reference Jesus Christ but then I'm going to later explain it was my friend Jesus (pronounced hay-soos) and "Christ" is just a title so it's your fault if you think I'm referring to Jesus of Nazareth.
I'm not picking this simply because my own mother was named Mary and today marks 3 years since she passed.

Oh I see.
What?
Ah, Catholicism. If you're not Catholic, it's a bit of an enigma, but if you are, it makes perfect sense.

Yes it comes from the Greek "καθολικός" (Katholikos) meaning "universal" so it's the "universal church".
I'm not even Catholic. How do I understand this? It should be a bit of an enigma to me.
After going to mass a number of times this past year, I began to understand it. I also began to understand its appeal.

Its universal appeal.
I'll stop.
The message delivered isn't always the most engaging, but there is a sense of security in the rituals. I can see the comfort in the structure. Once you get past the questions, it can even be a little relaxing to an outsider.

The questions?
Like the questions you personally have (as in "how could any of this shit even happen?") or the questions the Catholics have to you (like "WHO ARE YOU OUTSIDER?")
Also isn't that some shit? Universal church, huh. What about the Orthodox churches that are at least as old as the Catholic church?
Some universal church.
It's actually more interactive than a Protestant service for those of you unfamiliar with what happens in there.

Still now following you, dog.
I can see how an engaged flock would find the idea of leaving for another sect that isn't so engaging a bit odd.

I'm pretty sure the point of going to church isn't so you'll be engaged, it's to avoid a perceived afterlife spent in hellfire.
I say put your faith in All-Father Zeus but I guess you're free to worship the corpse god Jesus.
CHRISTIANITY: 0
ME: 1
As often happens in these posts, I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I guess its just something to ponder.

Whoops! Forgot to have a point!
Speaking of I had a particularly hilarious conversation on that Omegle website I referenced once or twice a few weeks ago. This idiot was going on about how fascinating it is that he needs to drink water because "your environment affects your needs" then he got very upset when I pointed out your body is 80% water and you need it to live biologically and it has nothing to do with your perception.
HURR ARGUING SEMANTICS YOU RUINED MY PERFECT PHILOSOPHY
Bro I don't even know what you're trying to argue don't get all up on my tits about it
YOUR PARTNER HAS DISCONNECTED
then I remembered why I don't go to Omegle anymore.
Where do you draw the line between habit and addiction? What's the longest uninterrupted period of time you spent gaming?

A habit is something done out of tradition, an addiction is something done out of compulsion. There is no line to draw. They are different things.
Also the longest period of uninterrupted gaming is probably somewhere in the 6-7 hour mark. I recall missing lunch and dinner (and getting an awesome headache) when I first started FFXI many moons ago.
A habit is just that. An addiction is a need for something not so very healthy that you can't control.

Considering part B of this question, I would guess that the author is a gamer or is tired of her significant other doing so. Okay, my longest continuous gaming session was 17 hours after which I told my siblings that they would have to beat their own damn video games from then on as I wasted a weekend home from college.

>Wasted
>video games
nope.

Ambiguity always makes life interesting.

I hate when people say shit like this.
I don't know what the fuck is going on in my life right now. It's very ambiguous.
I GUESS IT'S INTERESTING BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? I WISH IT WASN'T.

So goes another day. I got scratched by a cat a bit ago. This one is the now fully grown kitten.

Connecting thoughts are difficult.

You know what. I look sexy in stubble, but that's just my humble opinion. I ran out of shaving cream and haven't shaved in a few days.

THIS IS A GUY?
No way.
No fucking way, don't believe it.
This is a bearded lady.

I went to a little coffee shop afterward called Muddy Waters that's close to my apartment. I had the turkey bacon pesto sandwich. Yes, Elizabeth introduced me to it.

I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM READING ABOUT WHAT THIS JACKOFF HAD FOR LUNCH.
IS THIS WHAT PASSES FOR ENTERTAINMENT?

Hello, all. My meeting this morning was productive.

>meeting
>productive
Man are you from bizarro world or what?

Okay, I am single again... so it seems. Elizabeth (alias)

Oh what's up, I have reviewed this blog before.
I think I was just as surprised it was a guy then, too. Let's see.

I'm betting this is a guy. I have no reason to believe this. I'm literally just picking at random.

Oh, fair enough, me.
Yeah, in fact, just reread what I wrote there for my full review of this blog. This is just an addendum.
Man my brain is collapsing in on itself now. I just linked a blog that I've already reviewed and then linked the review where I reviewed the blog previously (that contains a link to the blog).
Ha, ha, oh yeah, he wanted to start ballroom dancing. This was an entertaining review if I do say so myself.
Wow this is compelling. Me typing a review of my review.
Oh well it's probably the only time I'll regard another blog favorably, even if it is my own.
Anyway I have to do some school stuff. If you check back to Wednesday you will see my FFXIV character is up another level and another pugilist rank so I'm rollin'.

No comments: