Friday, January 22, 2010

OHWHATTHE

Livejournal has a new ad scheme that's very good: clicking on any section causes the screen to darken and an ad to start playing, and you can't go to any websites until it ends. "WATCH THE AD TO CONTINUE ENJOYING YOUR LIVEJOURNAL EXPERIENCE!" it says. That's awfully presumptuous, Livejournal. I'm not sure I need entirely cockblocked like this just to read the latest earth-shattering thoughts of Furry #5982174.
Today we have Zap Rowsdower's Journal. I learned a lot from it, actually. I learned "unemployment" is a viable career option. Fuck this teacher certification, I guess.
minor freakout yesterday when the unemployment check didn't come. Didn't think that Monday being MLK day would affect my check since I call to claim it n Tues.

Didn't think that the holiday where the entire government is off would affect something like a government-run institution?
But it came today and it is in the bank. A good thing since my balance was fifty-five cents.
Bought the traditional Starbucks (Venti roast, nothing fancy for me) and came back here to get back to being unemployed.

>nothing fancy
>Starbucks
>he's unemployed
Tax dollars at work.

Want an easy way to donate to Haiti relief? iTunes users can donate using their account setup. easy as buying a song. Just donated to RED CROSS.

Yeah I saw that. I downloaded "Shake It Up" by The Cars instead. I think it was a wise investment.
OK, so I am not "actually" on a diet. I am diabetic and I am going to have to start eating like I am diabetic.

By going to Starbucks-- I think I found a hole in your diet, bro.
went to the Doctor yesterday.

My Doctor is cute. I know medical school and college and years of study have been involved, but this woman looks like she just got off the school bus. I have a little crush on her.

That's a little bit Freudian. Have a thing for girls just got off the school bus, huh?
But the reason I am posting this is that I am having to eat healthily again.

sigh.

responsibility tastes like a hamburger/no bun.
Yeah man, gotta lose that weight otherwise you won't score any 12 year olds. What the fuck is wrong with you, man?

if I ever see Russell T. Davies on the street I am going to kick his ass.
Don't know who that is and I don't know what he did to warrant an ass kicking, but if I ever see you on the street kicking his ass I'm going punch you right in your fucking face.
No reason, really. You're just a tool.

Now, I nap. Because grating potatoes is hard work. Well, tedious anyway.

Wow how fat are you? ONE ACTIVITY DONE, TIME FOR A NAP.
True story: yesterday I realized I forgot my parking pass in my car, so I went all the way up five entire flights of stairs, back down, paid, back up. Wasn't even winded.
You, too, can complete menial tasks without getting exhausted.
My GF's Daddie used to say, "Believe and you will receive. Doubt and you do without."


amen AGAIN.

"Doubt begets heresy, heresy begets retribution."
My quote is cooler.

Gotta love Paulie Perrette. She ended an interview with these quotes:

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" - MLK Jr

Oh, oh I have one: "our ways must be cruel to be fair."
Man my quotes are so much better than your shitty ones, holy fuck.
Here he asks for donations. Not for Haiti or anyone that actually needs shit, but he himself. From Amazon. Funny, for a guy who quotes the Bible sometimes he sure missed the (arguably most important) quote from the Bible: "the Lord helps those who help themselves."
Oh wait, no, that was Benjamin Franklin.
Same shit, really.

Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spinach and Artichoke flavor and Wheat Thins Crackers FTW, kids.

Wow-- wow.
Now there are five hundred more posts about food. I guess my problem with people that quote the Bible is that there's usually cooler shit surrounding the Bible than the Bible itself. Like, in this instance, DANTE'S INFERNO.
YOU'RE GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL WHERE YOU WILL FEAST ON FILTH, GLUTTON.
Holt shit Dante kicked ass.
Also there were BEES that stung people eternally until they fell underneath the filth.
Then some guys in the 2000s looked at that and said "yeah this is pretty cool, but how can we make this even more awesome? Also a video game" and the answer was make Dante a crusader instead of a gay poet who kills Death with his bare hands and takes his scythe.
I can't fucking wait. It's going to be the best thing to ever come out of epic poetry in like 350 years.
Oh yeah, this.
Now there's a post about him having Supraventricular Tachycardia (his blood pressure dropped and his heart started beating very fast) because he either has anxiety or he's so morbidly obese his heart doesn't have enough room to beat properly.
And today, the GF bugged me until I made an appointment at a clinic that doesn't care that I don't have insurance. My appointment is Dec. 22.

And people wonder why we need health reform...

WE NEED HEALTH REFORM SO I CAN KEEP INJECTING BACON GREASE INTO MY ARTERIES.
Hi,

I just signed a petition to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to stop protecting corporate Democrats who are willing to filibuster a public health insurance option.

Can you please add your name?

No.
The BEST thing about Obama? He pisses the republicans off more than Clinton.

Oh, crap. I have to go to the unemployment office this week. That sucks the life out of you, let me tell ya.

"Maybe I should get a job instead of complaining about the free money the government is giving me-- nah, that'd cut into my requisite 20 meals a day."
I am fifty-five years old. I lived through the sixties and seventies demonstrations and movements.

Bro, what?

I am the bargain lord! I purchased a "new" computer! It's a 600MHz iMac (white jellybean style).

AND THE BOTTOM LINE: IT WAS ONLY $64!!!!!!!!

because MHz is the important measurement.
Oh wait, back in the mid-90s (where our boy is from, evidently) that was the important measurement.
Uhh...
Well as long as we're waving our computer willies around, my computer is 3 GHz (5x faster) and it also has 4 cores, so whatever, white people.
Sometimes I open Oblivion 10 times just because I can.
And that's all I have today. Get out.

No comments: