Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thanks for fucking nothing, Dreamwidth

Who thought it was a good idea to let Flash load on the front page of Dreamwidth?
Know what isn't jarring in the slightest?
15 Youtube videos I can't turn off playing at once.
Like look I get it you cunts want to post your little social justice garbage from Youtube on your useless blogs but the administrators of Dreamwidth should have exercised some common sense and disabled that for the front page.
It was so bad I had to go to Livejournal which I see has had a facelift and now lists the top 15 most popular blogs of the day in a ticker.
This is The Watchtower of Destruction which by Livejournal's undoubtedly fucked up metric is the third best blog on Livejournal today.
I think you'll shortly see why I describe their metric as fucked up.
Or maybe it's right on the money. Christ knows how hard it must have been to sort this garbage.
The Official Ferrett "Ask Me Anything" Thread

I do this when I have a lot of Tedious Stuff to do at work, but don't have the time to write a real essay.  So.  Here's how it works:

Ask me a real question. On any topic. I'll do my best to answer honestly. 
Yeah I have a question
how fucking self important are you that you think I care about your opinion?
So my essay “Dear Daughter: I Hope You Have (Fucking) Awesome Sex” was reposted at The Good Men Project, and now it’s all over the net.  Over 31,000 people have “liked” it on Facebook, and I’ve gotten requests for interviews.  (Sadly, all on a weekend I’m presenting at the Geeky Kink Event, so I’m booked.)  And with this comes a lot of weird emotions:
You wrote an essay about how you hope your daughter gets boned?
Dude.
Wouldn't most fathers just acknowledge that's what'll happen?
Why do you have to write an essay on it?
Makes me think you're internalizing part of it.
Son or daughter my child is getting a proper imperial education.
You know like exactly what doesn't exist anymore.
Dear Daughter,
Sex is a weapon.
Humanity better hope I have sons because I don't think the world is ready for a girl version of Julius Caesar.
Boring article on why Dungeons and Dragons is gay (as if I didn't already know)--
Next weekend, I’ll be attending the Geeky Kink Event in Rhode Island – if you’ll recall, they’re the clash of nerd and kink culture that has the TARDIS bondage box, the ball pit, and the Sensory Deprivation Companion Cube, among many other crazy sexy mashups.  I’m so psyched, as friends have told me this is one of the most awesome cons ever.
Dr. Who bondage.
Good.
Can't two people just fuck anymore?
With handcuffs in this case?
Why does it have to be ZAAAANY FANDOM bullshit?
I’ve discovered that my feeling of being a Real Writer is ephemeral, easily stolen.  It comes for a few minutes after I’ve been published in a nice magazine, flares for a day or two when I get a kind review, and the Nebula kept it stoked for like a month.
Motherfucker won a Nebula.
Guess it's not too hard to win one anymore.
A boring article about why people are whining cunts--
Speaking of is your body ready for the return of FFXIV?
SOON.
Been almost a year since I got to level Edie.
Can't wait to show them the true meaning of war.
Gotta get that new class too
going to be fucking sweet.
Arcanist.
I'd trust someone like her with an occupation with the job of "arcanist".
Anyway fuck this stupid blog I'm going to bed.

No comments: