Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ebin

Wahm who writes fanfiction about comics and knits--
Listen to me.
This is shocking new content.
Some of you may think I cherry pick to find this garbo but I promise it's a first come, first serve basis and this is usually first in line.
I don't want to say it's typical because it is possible that I'm just that unlucky but this is typical.
Permissions:
This is also posted elsewhere, but I hereby give blanket permission for podficcers to record my work. Please notify me if you do so I can squee over it and tell people!! Also, if you give me advance notice, I'd be happy to correct any elisions or awkward phrasing in the story BEFORE you record it. *g*
Are you fucking joking?
I have 2 yarny things in need of an art/sculpture beta. Can anyone help? Knowledge of crochet isn't required but might be helpful. I'm looking for feedback and suggestions. Thanks! :)
... What?
the ground is not the floor. the floor is not the ground.
Thanks?
do not get this error. At all. But it's all over the place lately and it boggles my mind because it's not hard.

The floor is indoors. They both have OOR.

The ground is what you dig in to plant a garden. They have Gs.

The ground is made of dirt. Indoor floors are usually not made of dirt in my part of the world. If I drop my keys inside, they fall on the floor. If I drop them outside, they're on the ground, even if there's an outdoor surface like a deck or concrete. Because FLOORS are INDOORS.

Apparently we spent like a whole day on this in elementary school because it is hardwired into my brain. The ground is not the floor. The floor is not the ground. Indoors, the kids sit on the floor. Outside, they sit on the ground. I can still HEAR us chanting it. I can feel the old elementary school carpet under my hands. "FLOOR!" we said, only without yelling because we had an open-plan school. Because this was that long ago. Remember open plan?

Floor is not ground. Ground is not floor. I just. It's a thing.
That's some serious CIA mind control shit right there.
If they say the right word to you you'll fly off the handle and murder someone.
Texas Lt Gov Dewhurst & Republican cronies caved at 3am and admitted the defeat of SB5. This also meant the victory of Wendy Davis' awesome and inspiring filibuster. Dewhurst is a jackass and I would love to see him removed from office, tho I fear Perry would appoint someone even more conservative. (For those of you outside Texas, here the governor's powers are limited to appointing people, signing/vetoing, and kissing babies/show-ponying to raise money. The Lt. Gov is the one with the power to shape legislation. He (sic) also governs the state senate, and if you detect a conflict of interest there, you're onto something.)
>sic
>the current lieutenant governor of that shit eating pig farmer land is a man
NICE TRY FEMINISM.
Would you be interested in seeing a post on writing better medical care, first aid, and hospital scenes? (This would be a resource and discussion post, NOT a place for tearing apart fics/authors for their apparent mistakes. This is a bashing-free zone.)
Got it, thanks.
1. So, today is my 11th LJ-versary. My 4th DW-versary is in 2 1/2 weeks. How time flies! What a lot of my early LJ-life (before fandom) I don't miss AT ALL.
Wow.
11 fucking years wasting time.
I hope to not be doing this in 11 years.
I hope blogging isn't around in 11 years.
And to think I started this shit July 10, 2008.
So many years shitting on blogs.
I have watched ALL the Elementary that has aired and this is me making grabby hands for MORE. MORE! Because I suck at episodic television. Having to wait a whole week?
Man. TV is for women. Do you ever read about men who watch TV?
Maybe the few men who blog do watch TV and just keep it to themselves.
Is there any good fic? Preferably gen like canon?
Gen like canon?
What the fuck does that even mean?
Legalize gay weed!
That's my new ending incidentally.

No comments: