Monday, April 30, 2012

Great

Glad I paid 60 dollars for TERA. Corrupted download so I missed the open beta?
Good.
Shitty blogs.
Today, I bought a bento box. Then right after, I got a "Just Bento" cookbook.

LET'S DO THIS.

Eta: Lol when I get good at bento I'll make MLP:FiM themed bentos.
WOOOW BENTO BOXES AND MY LITTLE PONY IN THE SAME POST.
You just earned so many cool points right now, holy fuck.
Everyone knows only children and Japanese men carry bento boxes. And for some reason the adults are ashamed of the food their OCD wives prepare.
Personally I'd be showing it off like it's some sort of achievement but that's just me.
CHECK OUT WHAT MY WAIFU MADE FOR ME YOU GUYS SUCK HOLY SHIT
I go to deviantart.

I google "women warcraft."
...
Okay?
I guess I'll do this.
"The women of warcraft show off impressive cosplay skills" is link one to the surprise of absolutely no one. Of course the first thing someone would point about a girls and video games is something basically unrelated to video games.
Apparently this is a show on Youtube or something--
It's a podcast I guess?
Why would you watch this?
Last update from Women of Warcraft podcast: 1 year ago.
Guess they jumped ship when all sane people did.
There are days when I say to myself "if I ever have children, they will be home-schooled. I will not have to deal with stupid fucking parents and their bullying children and their money grubbing school administration (well, where I live anyway). I will be teh best teacher evar because by the time public school kids learn to spell their names my children will be discussing Sherlock Holmes and speaking French.
And 100% well adjusted and proficient in subjects you yourself are unfamiliar with.
Because as we all know most people are well rounded enough to teach all subjects proficiently and you definitely don't need a 4 year education to teach one subject.
We will have teh best field trips evar at the aquarium and botanical gardens and old libraries and culture spots in L.A.
The fact you've intentionally misspelled "the" as 'teh' twice for "humorous" effect proves you should not only not mother children but should probably be banned from interacting with any children ever.
I used to do that kinda shit.
Then I turned 16.
Plus I will work extra hard to teach my kids that history is not colorblind and that the human body is full of interesting organs."
History:
Mesopotamia
Greece
Rome
Christers murdering brown people in the desert
Renaissance
Plague sores
Enlightenment
Slave away in a factory 18 hours a day until you drop dead at 40 (like people in trades live longer today)
World War fucking II
Douchebag Generation
Douchebag  Generation II
Self-Entitled Twat Generation
APOKALYPSIS
Welcome... TO OBLIVION.
Sorry I guess my version of history is pretty COLOR SEEING.
Two things may stop my master plan, however:
1) I'm shit at math
 That's okay. Math definitely isn't considered one of the big four subjects.
Math, science, English, history.
I MEAN SHERLOCK HOLMES, FRENCH, UNDERWATER BASKET WEAVING AND SOCIAL MALADJUSTMENT are the big 4. You're golden.
2) Trolling parents is soooo tempting. I can just imagine the phone call now: "Ms. Myrna, your Hell-Spawn has been telling other children that babies do not, in fact, come out of the cabbage patch." or "Ms. Myrna, other parents do not appreciate it when your children tell their children to stop proselytizing them. The other children and parents don't know what that means."
You've never been to a public school, have you?
Now she's bitching about an exposed midriff on some slut's armor in a video game I haven't even heard of--
Let me tell you, kid, if slutty armor flash boils your piss you might want to avoid TERA.
Speaking of:
Glad I couldn't get the name "Edie" thanks to the corrupted download.
Glad I paid 73 dollars for this.
I think the problem is a lot of people don't get sexual objectification a lot of the time. I'm a firm proponent of people being able to dress themselves and their characters up in whatever they like, but in many cases, particularly in games like WoW, they dress men for utility and women to titillate.
Yep.
That's exactly right.
Shut up.
Also:
glad there was a 60 minute queue for Valley of the Titans then the game promptly crashed when it was nearly my turn.
Glad I paid 89 dollars for this.
 Yeah, but whenever this subject is brought up that's when the floodgates of misogynistic d-bags come in wailing "OMG HDU THAT'S NOT SEXIST MEN ARE OBJECTIFIED TOO DAMN YOU AND YOUR POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IT'S JUST FANTASY" blah blah blah.

I was just surfing through wowpedia and when I found that picture, it was like all my annoyance exploded.

The subsequent queue was 157 minutes and the server went down for 3 hours 15 minutes I got in. Glad I paid 126 dollars for this.
So next month I'm going to write my book (which I'm saying is for all ages right now), not only to try to kick start my writing but to have something I'm not ashamed of showing for my MFA application (you have to submit 20-30 pages of either short stories or a section of a novel). So to make sure I don't get lazy, I'm challenging myself to write 100k words in 30 days, or 3,333 words per day. Meaning I can't skip a couple of days like I did during NaNoWriMo (barely finished that one). 
Oh of course.
Livejournal user writing a book, how shocking.
Bet it's a fantasy/steampunk setting with a really strong female protagonist and page upon page of frivolous description, bad dialogue and exposition.  
Glad my GPU heated up so much while I was sitting at the fucking queue screen (of course) in TERA I had to close the game.
Glad I paid 259 dollars for this.
Seriously, it's a fucking glorified loading screen. How the fuck is anything heating up enough to cook an egg at that?
And I know I'm using an NVIDIA and due to the glorious Russian design of my case the power supply is seated upside down so its fan is literally blowing into the fan of my GPU so I'm basically asking for my house to burn down but I have never in my fucking life run into this problem until this game.
Right now I'm just calling it "Six Queens of the Crown" (I know it makes no sense but this is a temp title so I don't care), and is an action-adventure story of a young woman (still need to come up with a name XD) who is out to find the treasure of the first six queens of the world that combine to create the crown of the first king of the world. Much fun to be had with this one.
Oh gee didn't see that coming.
Glad I couldn't make my character brown, too, due to the way TERA renders its in game textures. All brown girls end up looking like dirty white girls.
Glad I paid 492 dollars for this.
Then again, what did I expect when I started with 12 main characters? XD Right now I'm just writing whatever scenes I want to write since the deadline is coming up and I'm only at 31k words right now. Trying so hard to not do the chair mambo right now.
12 main characters.
Great.
Finally (somehow) manage to get to Lumbertown then promptly get murdered by a level 38. DEEP PVP SHIT GOING ON HERE.
Then the servers went down for maintenance and are still down to this very minute.
Sure glad I got to partake in this head start I paid for between the maintenance and queues.
Fuck you that'll be 653 dollars.
So in my NaNoWriMo WoW novel, there's a part when the character has the opportunity of not only touching an orc pregnant with twins's belly, but watches the belly move. So I was curious as to how that would look like.
Cue 5 hour moral debate about murdering pregnant Orcs because Orcs are inherently evil and the babies will grow up to murder babies themselves.
Fuck Dungeons and Dragons on my God.
WILL THE BABIES INHERENTLY EVIL ARE THEY RAISED THIS WAY?
Well gee let's raise them ourselves and find out, idiot.
Said me, the lawful good crusader.
LAWFUL "good" as I had written it.

Yes, you've read correctly. I am masochistic enough to want an MFA (and one of their spiffy hoods too). Partly it's because I want to challenge myself into getting an MFA, partly because I know I'll get to essentially mold my studies to focus on Fantasy so I can teach a Fantasy college course, and partially because there's an itty bitty part of myself that's an attention whore and will love to be the only member of my living and dead family to earn a Masters.
Master of student debt you'll never pay off because you'll be working at a grocery store the rest of your fucking life, more like.
Speaking of it's TIME TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE TEACHING JOB I APPLIED FOR HURRAY.
Call back in an hour hurray~
The only problem I might encounter (besides procrastination heheheh) is that during admissions, I may face some prejudice for writing fantasy/fairy tales/sci fi. Although the English Dept. is becoming much more open with the idea that genre fiction is actually *gasp* literature, there's still those stubborn few who think that genre fiction should not be a part of academia. 
It can be as long as it's Starship Troopers, Foundation or Armor and not whatever schlock you're cranking out.
IT'S 1 PM, EN MASSE. WHERE'S MY TERA?
YOU SAID
1 PM.
IT'S 1:01.
Oh my fucking Christ they extended it until 1PM PDT.
That's another 3 fucking hours. Are you kidding me?
No that's awesome. Pay 10 bucks for a lion mount you'll probably never use and a head start on the other retards playing.
Glad I'm really getting to take full advantage of this head start with all of the TIME I GET TO PLAY THIS FUCKING GAME.
Head start ends tomorrow, you know, and I gotta go to work from 7-3. Who wants to bet there will be maintenance at 3 until bedtime or some fuck?
You got a head start. It's not our fault there were so many of you and we mobilized exactly 5 servers to handle literally hundreds of thousands of people.
CLOUD SERVERS SO ADVANCED.
And like an idiot I'm just refreshing the client in the vain hope that they're joking.
Cloud servers is marketing speak for "complete bullshit" incidentally.
OUR SERVERS CAN HOLD SO MANY PEOPLE YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER ENCOUNTER A QUEUE!
Except that 7 hours I spent in queue, you know.
So, I'm finally knuckling down in this whole "need to find a full time job so I can pay off the student loans as quickly as possible." And I swear to the flying spaghetti monster that if I hear one more "it's a bad job scene" or "there's nothing out there" I am going to punch something into next week.
Harris Teeter is looking for someone in the dairy department I think.
Don't talk to me, though You seem annoying. I'll be that guy who looks unhappy to see you.
  I am fully aware of how bad the economic scene is, and I don't need to hear about it from people that don't even know me. I'm not one of these people who go "herp durp I'mma gonna find a job lickety split because I just got my college degree!" so please do not assume that I am. Also quit with that pitying look when I tell you, "Well, I'll find something, even if it takes awhile." How do these people expect me to react? "OMG IT'S SO HARRRRD I'LL NEVER FIND ANYTHING, ANYTHING! I SHOULDN'T EVEN TRY." 
UPWARDLY MOBILE WHITE WOMAN WOOOOOO~
Post about how she attention whores on a forum then gets unwanted attention--
Anyway this is boring. Time to never play TERA again.

No comments: