Wednesday, April 8, 2009

This is probably a bad idea

Going to try Warhammer painting and updating, since FFXI playing and updating worked so brilliantly last time.
Also just a warning: if you want to follow this cunt about, you will have to click two (yes two) links. Apparently she posted in a group blog that I don't really give a shit about outside of her post, and then she has her own personal blog. First, here.
Post entitled "I hate you, Borders."
I did not try to purchase Corambis from Barnes and Noble even though it was available there earlier, because I have NO MONEY (I had a baby. Babies are expensive. WHO KNEW?) but I do have Borders Gift Cards.

I don't see how it's Borders' problem that you had a baby, so I'm not sure what's your deal with the whole "BABIES COST MONEY YOU FUCKS GIVE ME FREE SHIT!"
I don't know what to say here, maybe WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE IN A MORE FINANCIALLY STABLE SITUATION TO HAVE CHILDREN?
Virtually no Borders in my area has the book in stock.
Well I feel very sympathetic towards your sit-- oh wait, what's this?
I tried calling around on Monday to ask different stores if they WOULD have the book in stock, but apparently I spoke to idiots at each store. Hold up. I'm usually kind to people who work crap jobs like this.

Usually doesn't cut it. I'm usually polite-- well you weren't this time, and that doesn't make the idiot working that shit job's life any easier, so get off it, cunt.
But NONE of them were able to locate the book OR Sarah Monette, in their systems.

I have to be honest. I'm a fairly well-read person and I haven't even heard of this woman or her series until just now. I know when I go to Gamestop, say, looking for an obscure game I try to explain what it is, the full title, and how to spell it because I know most people, even people who like video games, aren't familiar with Shin Megami Tensei, let alone how to spell it.
Even the people who recognized her name. Durr? She's written SEVERAL books?

Oh well fuck me, several books in a book store with TENS OF THOUSANDS OF THEM.
How can you not find her? ARE YOU EVEN LOOKING? Idiots.

If she's not in the system it's safe to assume her books aren't in the store. I know I often question the organizational methods of Borders and like stores, but I'm sure they wouldn't just lose track of merchandise. That'd be, I think, bad for business.
It's frustrating that this book isn't carried in more locations. How are people going to buy it if it's not available for sale?

THIS WOMAN IS A NOBODY. MOST BORDERS I'VE BEEN TOO DON'T BOTHER TO STOCK THE ILIAD AND THE ODYSSEY, AND IF HOMER ISN'T THERE IT'S SAFE TO ASSUME MOST PEOPLE AREN'T. Okay so on to her main blog.
Sometimes he can only sleep when I’m curled up on the couch holding him with his ear against my chest so he can hear my heartbeat.

You know they make machines that emulate a heartbeat, don't you?
Personally I can't stand hearomg a heartbeat. It freaks me out and makes me start thinking my heart is stopping.
Yeah that's one of my neurosis.
Which is nice, as OMGTHEBABY recently decided that sleep is for CHUMPS and he’s only going to sleep for two hour stretches at a time, interrupted by feeding sessions that last for half an hour.

Brostorm.
I keep forgetting to eat. Yesterday? I hate a half cup of jello, a glass of grape juice, and a half cup of cottage cheese. That’s all I had until dinner, when I ate like a normal person with Nesko (spinach lasagna, hot bread, and a lemon square).

>I keep forgetting to eat
>I hate[...] (sic, ate)
Wouldn't forgetting to eat mean, you know, not eating anything?
That’s not really enough to survive on, you know?

I beg to differ. Contrary to what most decadent, privileged Americans think, you really don't need to eat all that much.

So I don’t feel hungry most of the time

NOT HUNGRY = DON'T EAT. THIS SHOULD BE INSTINCTIVE.
Nikola wakes up and decides he is hungry also and I tend to him and sometimes forget that I was about to eat something OR feel hungry and head-achey.

You named your child Nikola? What's wrong with Nicholas, huh?
Nikola sounds like an off-brand Pepsi.
Nesko and I went to Church yesterday, at the Serbian Orthodox Church he goes to for Easter and Christmas and no other time.

Nesko. Hmm.
Part of the service was intensely and incredibly familiar, even though it was in a different language.

That language would be-- uhh--
I don't suppose Serbian is a language?
I don’t know if I’m going to blog about it because there’s a very good chance I’ll sound like a jerk or something. I tend to be flippant, and it’s really easy for flippancy about religious worship to be taken the wrong way.

Who gives a fuck?
So I was very clueless as to what was going on (most of the service was in Serbian as well; there’s normally an English service at 9:30, this was Serbian with a little English mixed in) and that always bothers me.

Prior to this she mentions that she's used to the Catholic tradition (I omitted this part because it was too boring), which is funny because that's supposed to be in Latin.
It’s kind of weird how not involved in his religion he is. Growing up, I went to Mass every single Sunday, First Friday in grade school, Holy Day of Obligation, etc.

I've never set foot in any holy place of any religion and I turned out perfectly fine. What use is it?
Now there's a post so incredibly long and boring I find myself treating it like school reading and just kind of glancing over the length of the paragraph (not the actual contents of it) and considering it read.

I’ve been drawing with pencil and pen since we moved and never got around to unpacking my tablet.

I found it today after about an hour’s searching, but now I can’t find the stylus.

OH LOOK AT THE MASTER ARTIST. CAN'T USE THE MEDIUM THAT MAN HAS USED FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS TO EXPRESS HERSELF. NEED THE AWESOME POWER OF THE INTERNET TO MUSTER THAT FOR YOU, HUH?

It is, in fact, the Wednesday after Fat Tuesday which makes it a stupid fast day because I was born during Lent and ARGH I’m tired of fast days on my birthday. :(

... So eat. Seriously nothing bad will happen to you. When you die it's nothing for all eternity (perhaps coupled with the feeling of falling backwards).

Because other people’s dreams are totally interesting, right?

Wrong. Next post.

My friend says of them “I hate them. I hate them so much. I’ve always hated them, since I met them. Before I knew her, I hated them. They are foul.”

While you are a cunt, your friend sounds awesome.

What is your first reaction when someone says "I need to talk to you"?

"THAT AIN'T MY BABY!" Regardless of context or severity of what's about to follow.
Wow this does go on. That's it. The end.

No comments: