Monday, October 21, 2013

TITS

I keep clicking cuts expecting typical wahms whining about drivel and I keep getting met with tits.
I'm not complaining. If this is the new face of blogging I am on board 100% but it does make reviewing blogs difficult.
Anyway this garbo looks good enough I guess.
Here's a poll:
I always assumed "Can't see the wood for the trees" meant
It means you get too bogged down in details to see the big picture.
wood : big picture :: trees : details.
 Can't see the forest because I'm too busy looking at the trees
72.7% of people agree this is the right answer.
Sounds like 17.3% of people failed the SAT analogy section.
Can't see what they're made of because I'm too busy looking at the trees
A wood is an anachronism meaning "woods".
In modern days we typically pluralize it no matter what (sort of like "pants" but there was an era where each pant leg was a separate article of clothing) so I think the answer has less to do with the material than it does the woods.
It makes less sense that way, too.
I don't mean to be an asshole about this but come the fuck on.
If you were trying to categorize, not how people label themselves (because people often use very different labels for different reasons), but what their beliefs were that might fall loosely into theist/atheist/agnostic/ignostic/christi
an/etc, what questions would you ask?

Lots of obvious questions are sort of bad -- eg. "do you believe in God" varies a lot, because people disagree about what counts as "god", and even disagree whether people do disagree or not.
Considering the main criteria for being a theist or atheist is whether you believe in a god or not avoiding that question to determine whether you do or don't seems a little pointless and impossible.
Also it's perfectly possible to be agnostic and religious.
Agnosticism just states you don't know for certain if your belief is true.
Agnostic atheist, gnostic atheist, agnostic theist and gnostic theist are your only choices.
Agnostic atheist says there is no god and I'm not sure about this
gnostic atheist says there is no god and I know this to be so
etc.
COME ON PEOPLE FUCK.
When I'm cycling, I find it difficult to look directly behind me. I'm not sure how much this is (a) glasses covering only middle field of vision (b) not being confident enough in my balance and (c) an inherent defect in non-owls.

I generally feel safe looking over my shoulder to see if there's a car about to overtake. But I can't see far enough to see that the road's completely clear behind me, and I don't feel confident seeing whether there's another cyclist there (so I can stop or do a u-turn).

Are wing-mirrors an actually sensible solution to this? Or should I practice turning safely more? Or something else?
GET ON A FUCKING BIKE PATH YOU SELFISH ASSHOLE.
Motherfuckers got places to be, man!
I have to get to work. I can't spend a minute trying to overtake your ignorant ass.
Some sentences are ambiguous without a serial comma. Eg. "To my parents, Ayn Rand and God."

Some sentences are ambiguous with a serial comma. Eg. "To my mother, Ayn Rand, and God."

I imagine there are cases where knowing that the author always uses the same style makes it not ambiguous (or makes it ambiguous?) but I can't be bothered to think of any.
WHO THE FUCK CARES?
Dear Science Fiction Author,

I love humorously circuitous circumlocutions as much as the next Three Musketeers fan, but even I have to admit that "increased the rate of those incidents by a power of two" could more easily be written as "doubled". (Or if you mean, by a higher power of two, or if you mean "squared", then I think you're using numbers wrong.)

Love Cartesian Daemon
Eat a bag of shit, cunt face.
Mark 4:2-20 Parable of the Sower
Oh good.
No, here's a good Biblical parable (for once):
HERE'S A BEAUTIFUL STORY ABOUT HOW IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU START
IT ONLY MATTERS WHERE YOU END.
I have no clue what this idiot is trying to argue.
All it's saying is that some farmers have fewer seeds to sow but end up with a crop large relative to what they plant whereas some have a lot of seeds to sow and end up with a larger crop relative to the other guy but it's all pleasing to God because they all did their work like God asks versus dumb fucks who didn't try and are now starving.
KEEP IT SIMPLE SHIT FUCK.
I've always had a strange mix of being arrogant and being insecure, both of which can be extremely annoying. But I had an idea about what the difference is.

I think, like many stereotypical smart-as-children people, I expect to have exceptionally high talent. If someone tells me a puzzle, or sets me a challenge, I expect to be able to do it easily and have people say "wow, you did it ten times faster than anyone else". 
Some wise man once said the only prayer you should give to the gods is to pray for a challenge worthy of your skill.
I've been playing a lot of draw something[1] and this has led to drawing lots of stick figures.

And I realise that I fell into the traditional trap of using an unadorned stick-figure for for a generic person, but also for "man", and using a stick figure with a skirt for "woman", because those are the most recognisable.

And I really don't like doing that. What SHOULD I do?
Stop being a pussy.
How's that?
Fuck this guy is boring. What a pseudo-intellectual twit.
Anyway here is our song of the day.
I wish I could do that to this blog.

No comments: