Friday, October 4, 2013

Pey Heem

This post is basically just a pretext to show you how awesome I am at trading stocks.
I know there are people with like 300% net profit in this game called fantasy stock trading but fuck them they appear to be professionals.
I am an English teacher with no formal education on this matter.
I've been doing this less than 3 months and 2 of those months were spent flailing around like a moron.
Like when I thought Time Warner was a good investment?
Holy shit.
Proven to be one of the worst trades I have made.
Also I hardly think investing in an EFT that happened to go big and not ever actually playing the game is indication of a good trader.
You could have gotten lucky.
Whereas 80% of my trades have proven successful.
Incredible risk for not much profit but I usually win.
Is it risk when you're usually right?
That's a legitimate question, by the way. I'm not trying to gloat.
Because if that's how day trading usually works I think I see why no one can get a job.
I have a strategy, too.
It's not like I go all in arbitrarily.
I'm a 34 year old environmental scientist; my work is related to air toxics and climate change regulation. I'm also a mother of three boys (ages 10, 11, and 14), and partnered to an excellent nerdy and handsome gentlemen who happens to be my best friend of 15+ years and who happened to move into our lives 2 years ago (and hasn't run yet!) 
Would that be the father of your children or just some poor dope you roped into it?
Because going by how you phrased this it sounds like the latter.
I'm into voluntary simplicity, green living, and gardening, and I spend a lot of time cooking - I'm vegan, although the rest of my family is not. I'm currently trying to reintegrate yoga into my life and learning to run through C25K. I'm trying to teach myself to play guitar. I'm passionate about science and astronomy, and have a love of math.

I'm also a voracious reader and an occasional writer (I'd like to get back to that more when my life is not so crazy).
Yeah, fanfiction and books written for tweens.
Environmental scientist, 34 and mother of 3?
Her reading habits have not matured past middle school.
I would bet all 11.35% of my growth in real money on this.
I have a fondness for poetry. I'm not hugely fannish but I occasionally enjoy reading fanfic (I don't have a lot of time to write it). My current guilty pleasure is Syfy's Defiance. I also am mildly fannish over Avatar: The Last Airbender and Adventure Time, The Walking Dead, and Person of Interest.
BOOM.
See that's what I mean. Is it a risky investment if you know what'll happen?
A couple of days ago, I started looking around the 'net to try to find some good body-positive, even fat-positive vegan blogs, that still focused on providing some healthy recipes (for me this means low-sugar, low-fat, low-refined carbs/processed foods, as I'm predisposed towards diabetes).
Predisposed to diabetes but BEING FAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.
Also fat positive come on m8 chek urself b4 u rek urself m8
So I've posted elsewhere about it, but yesterday I made it to (and through) the Color Run 5K in Raleigh. L. came along to provide support and take photos, because he is awesome.

When I woke up yesterday morning, I started wigging out because my left shin was bothering me (just below the knee), despite the fact that I hadn't run since Wednesday. But I got ready, and my parents came to stay with the sleepy boys, and then we were off. I had a temporary tattoo that the event organizers had handed out, so I put it on for fun.
The fake tattoo is "happy".
Not even if it washes off am I putting that on my body.
We picked up some athletic tape for my shin along the way, and then we searched for a good while for parking, even though we'd arrived an hour early. Finally, when we arrived, I pinned on my number with giddiness while L. taped my leg. 
Athletic tape.
This is rich coming off the post about why alternative medicine is bullshit.
But athletic tape?
Clearly not a placebo pill in tape form.
Muscle strain likely comes from micro tears so the tape holds the muscle perfectly still and keeps it from tearing, duh.
Dense motherfucker.
I read a blog post today that, for all intents and purposes, would have been an awesome post deconstructing the sexism, body shaming, and unhealthy attitudes in "fitspiration" photos. However, I got sidetracked at the beginning when the author decided his first attempt at humor would be to draw a comparison between the absurdities spouted in the meme he was deconstructing with the image of a mentally ill homeless individual. 
BODY SHAMING.
Also can I get a T-minus on the phrase "this is problematic"?
I haven't linked to the article here because it's really not my intent to write about this particular author or his post. He's just one fish in a very big, big pond of otherwise informed and awesome fish, looking to make a few waves by pointing out the hypocrisy and ugliness that lies beneath society's (ever-thinning) veil of politeness/encouragement. It feels like a lot of would-be-great (often oppression- or ignorance- fighting) posts I've read lately have fallen into the same trap - that you need to write humorously to be heard, and that it's perfectly acceptable to poke fun/randomly rope in an example of mental illness to get a cheap laugh. It pops up in academic posts deconstructing racism, sexism, homophobia. It pops up in amazing geekgasmic posts outlining the fine details of an amazing cosplay costume.
Who cares?
Also "this is problematic" appears in an earlier post but not this one. I searched.
Oh well.
I even quoted part of that post.
It should go without saying I don't read through all the posts I quote.
No human could hope to read all that shit.
I stumbled across an article in Persephone Magazine that discusses the "feminist hat", and am contemplating the ramifications of consuming media and entertainment whose values run controversial to my own.
Persephone magazine is a good name for a feminist magazine.
Queen of the underworld indeed.
SHE'LL TRAP YA M8
Anyway that's the start of this garbo.
I leave you today with the song of the day.
New feature maybe?
Tell me what you think of the idea or the song.
Whatever.
Plz comment ;_;





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's long been known as the greatest, realest song ever laid to tape. Good job!