Friday, May 3, 2013

u wnt sum fuk

Gotta TALK ABOUT THE FANDOM TEE HEE I'M A GIRL
Fucking goddamn it
My dashboard currently has its fair share of the movie Les Misérables going around, and it is giving me such torn feelings. I ship Graintaire/Enjolras, because come on, it's so easy to, but I also loathe both characters. They are godawful annoying! (in the book. I haven't seen the movie. Yet?)
Fanfiction about Les Miserables.
All right.
What is there to say about this, really?
I also hate how they've invented a verb: "ship"
I PUT THESE CHARACTERS IN A RELATIONSHIP
SHIP MY OTP I'M A GIRL
You know not to put too fine a point on this shit but when you get men writing you get They Odyssey, Dante's Inferno and Neuromancer.
When you get women writing you get fanfiction, 50 Shades of Gray and Twilight.
Just Saiyan.
If I do keep reading beyond this point, it will probably be out of some bizarre determination not to let the racist asshole control what I do, even if what I'm doing is reading said racist's work.

I did always believe Hussie about wanting the human characters to be 'aracial', since he gave skintones to the characters that were of known race, like the celebrities, and even to the Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff characters. It's much more obvious that he was thinking of them as white while writing them, but at least fandom could play around with interpretations and Hussie's occasional obnoxiousness about the whole thing was mostly easy to ignore. But now!
There was a link to a webcomic.
I didn't understand it.
After much research into the matter I've discovered it's related to a webcomic called Homestuck which is some hack bullshit women like to whine about.
Apparently the characters have ambiguous race traits.
Which 1. whoa so creative Judge Dredd did that like 30 fucking years ago
and 2 who gives a fuck? So what if all the characters are white?
That doesn't really
that doesn't make you racist.
I've seen movies where the entire cast was black people. Are they racist for not casting white people?
What about Kung Fu movies? Most of those are Chinese and cast 100% Chinese people.
Why am I even surprised, though, it was obvious he was this kind of edgy white dude since forever. I'm just not used to him being so egregious about the racism. He couldn't just let go of the fact that people want representation, and keep writing the kids as white as he liked? It's not the ideal answer but at least it's one that I was already used to.
Doesn't make him racist
just because every white woman under the age of 30 wants to be filled in all holes with black cock doesn't mean someone is racist for not playing into your bullshit race fantasies.
Remember that book a few months ago that all the social justice warriors were up in arms about?
About that white girl that survived after the Ozone layer went down or some shit?
They were so offended at the racism
"So"
"offended"
and totally weren't turned on.
I'm trying to read this Homestuck thing and I'm just clicking like a madman waiting for the semblance of a plot to emerge.
It's like the world's most tedious point and click adventure game but instead of you doing all the tedium you're watching some asshole fail at it.
Who reads this garbage?
Over the weekend I rewatched Thor, to see how I felt after having fallen for Avengers, and I really enjoyed it. A surprising amount, considering I didn't like it much at all the first time I watched it. This is starting to look like a worrying trend for Marvel flicks. How does one movie fandom, anyway? It has real people in it, who does that! (It's been a long time since Pirates of the Caribbean and I'm out of practice.)
How do you be a fan of a movie?
Here's what you do.
You watch the fucking thing.
End of fucking discussion.
 Wonderful: When people are really glad to see the next part of your ongoing fic. Phew, also thank you deeply.

Problematic: Shit!!! You like the developing plot? There isn't one! They're going to talk and gaze lustfully upon each other for the rest of the story. There's a hug, I mean it's a helluva clinch, but plot...

(There's never a plot. My fics are about people engaging in sufficient dialogue that circumstances are eventually revealed to be sad/romantic/sexy/amusing. I live in fear that someday people will discover this so sshh, it's a secret.)
Lol fanfiction.
Seriously.
People read this shit.
Anyway it's Friday night motherfuckers and I got shit to do.

No comments: