Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Heresy

Why is every blogger the same
Why can't we just admit they're all one hive mind entity?

Which December holidays do you celebrate, and why?

One random answer will win a $50 Amazon gift card.

All December holidays are heretical.

None. I celebrate Diwali, which comes in November or late October.

You celebrate what?
That shit ain't real. You just made that up.

Diwali (also spelled Devali in certain regions) or Deepavali, popularly known as the "festival of lights," is a festival celebrated between mid-October and mid-December for different reasons

Thanks Wikipedia.
Wikipedia says it does happen in December but whatever this is new to me.
Eh.
Here's an excerpt for some book she's written for that national write a book month or whatever.
I'm sure this will be great.

“Just think about that next time you want to fight, Seri,” he whispers sensually in my ear. My breath turns erratic and I swear I can feel Darionn’s lips twitch into a smirk next to my ear before he releases me and I spin around, panting heavily.

Oh cut right to the seductive and sexy scenes.

“Thank you,” I say; my words are a little louder than a whisper, so Neil, Coli, and Kerian, they, still shocked, can hear, but lower than normal. Darionn shows me a wry smile with a bitter sadness layering it, and I know he understands my gratitude and how much I’m truly grateful for. When we both finally turn back to our three friends, I finally, belatedly and vaguely realized that I didn’t cut off that fated sentence this time around. Maybe I’m forgiven, after all.

What is editing for wordiness?
Here, I'll even cut the parts you don't need.
I will keep 100% of the same message.
I also edited a bit for grammar there because you have to keep the same tense otherwise it stops making sense.
The idea still sucks, incidentally, so I couldn't work miracles but at least it's workable now.
By "workable" I mean "doesn't make me want to vomit blood." but it's still pretty bad. I mean I can't know what this story is about based off a couple of unrelated sentences but the fact your main character thinks she's magically redeemed because her friends approve of her actions shows she's a pretty weak person.
I mean maybe it's unfair to compare it to my own characterization but I have a similarly unredeemed character and he basically goes unredeemed for the entirety out of the plot.
Of course he didn't actually do what he was shamed over so it became more of an internal struggle over feelings of failure and inadequacy and his entire life becomes a quest to prove he's not a coward by undertaking increasingly suicidal missions but then again I don't think I can expect a level of complexity such as "perception versus reality" in a character generated in less than five minutes from a girl who writes fanfiction.
Once my hair is complete, I work on my body, from head to toe. First I scrub the dirt streaks from my cheeks and forehead, where the dust has mixed with my sweat and formed a muddy substance that sticks to my skin. I showered.

Here, let me fix this. If you can express something with fewer words you should.

Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction? Explain why.

Fiction. Where else can I find overly long descriptions of showering?

Fiction. Most definitely. It leaves room for imagination and make-believe.

Except, you know, when you describe mundane, everyday shit everyone does in detail.
Reality...truly...it's just a faceplant in the dirt of pain after you fall. It's an alarm clock ringing and blaring during a particularly amazing dream. It's just an "Earth to you" moment that rouses you from a daydream. Fiction is different. It doesn't follow reality,

Wow easy there, deep thinker. FICTION ISN'T REALITY.
nor the rules that come with it. I can't write myself a new life, and I doubt I would want to anyway, but storytelling is a tradition that has been passed down from the ancient times of Homer.
That's right. Homer invented stories.
Homer invented speaking for the purpose of telling the Odyssey.

So, xsilentserenity, your LiveJournal reveals…
You are… 0% unique, 12% peculiar, 16% interesting, 40% normal and 32% herdlike

0% Unique. You heard it here first.

My reaction: 0% unique? What? For your information, Mr. Random Thing I randomly found on someone else's journal, I came up with my own idea for my own fanfic, and I am currently working on it and I did not steal it from anyone else.

>Fanfiction
>creating derivative ideas from another person's imagination
I AM UNIQUE FOR YOUR INFORMATION.
Yeah except not really.
Also yeah you did steal it from someone else. Whoever came up with the idea. That's who you stole it from.
I'm going to write an awesome fanfiction about Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star and he's going to fight a bad guy for honor and justice ad he's going to look stern and say "you are already dead" but I AM TOTALLY UNIQUE AND ORIGINAL.

I've been bullied a lot in my life, and for many different reasons. At first, in first grade, it was because I was just four months younger than everyone else. I was 5 at the time, and constantly mocked, hearing things like "Go back to Kindergarten, where you belong!" I must admit, that girl, Jamie, as I still clearly remember her name is, hurt me quite some, and left me in the dark of what I should do. I just remember being really depressed, and self conscious.

I really care about whatever the fuck it is I'm reading.
I was later bullied because of my religion in 3rd grade. They were two very religious Christians, both of which I had befriended early in the year. But, when they found out I was a Hindu, the bullying began.

You'd think the fact she's (maybe) a brown girl would get her some slack from me.
Nope.
Cunts are cunts.

It was different this time, and there was no mockery, just beliefs being thrown at me. Wrong beliefs, telling me that I would go to Hell, and that I would never reach God, or be a good person.

Christian, Hindu-- all heretics.
Oh my God this goes on and on about the religion and bullying. Get thicker skin, Jesus. Stop teasing the Hindu girl about being a Hindu. Neither of your religions' gods are as cool as Zeus, anyway, so you're all just compensating.

I'm so depressed right noww... I just got my grade back for a biology test. I had an 89 before, and I needed a 90+ to raise my average, but I got an 83, after studying my butt off, too.

>83%
>biology 101
>getting less than a 98% in biology
I SERIOUSLY HOPE
YOU GUYS ARE SMARTER THAN THIS
Here's a post entitled "a few heartfelt thoughts on gay marriage" and I really give a shit about this so let me read it.

Well, I originally posted this on miracle, but since it didn't have much to do with SJ, it got taken down /I'm such an idiot for trying. I just wanted a lot of people to read it. Anyways, I've always loved fanfictions, and when I found BL, it became even greater, and now I've become a major shipper. But what really shocked and disappointed me today was my friend's reaction when I told her about BL and communities like this.

You have a major problem with too much information.
Why do I gotta know like that? Why can't you just get to the point about your stupid problem and gays?

The conversation went something like this:
Me: /telling the plot of one of my favorite fanfics. "By the way, do you know a gay person?"
Her: "No. I don't hang out with those kinds of people."
Me: Those kinds of people?!
Her: Yeah, I don't an to be friends with that kind of person. It's weird.
Me: /getting really mad. " Weird? What's weird? Him, or a friendship with him?"
"Him.....butonlytome!"
"So if you were already friends?"
"Then I would stop being friends with them."

I can respect firm conviction but you're still an ignorant slob.
At that point, I just sighed and turned around, completely fed up. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

You couldn't believe what you were hearing?
I sure can.
All this time she had said that she had nothing against them, yet she just so easily calls gays weird.

Why can't you just agree to disagree?

I'm not lesbian or bi, but that really offended me!

Oh God, get thicker skin. You're getting offended over something that doesn't even affect you.
It's not wrong to love, despite gender or age, in my mind.

There you go, it's not wrong to love despite age.
Go wild, pedophiles.
HOW ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO INTERPRET THAT?
I know I've twisted this argument around before to say "hurrr that means you can have sex with kids" just to troll but she just literally said it's not wrong to love despite age. What else could that mean?
It's a fact that there are millions of people hating on homosexuals everyday, but it's something we can't change. But when I hear someone so close to me say something that hurful, it makes a big impact on me, and makes me really sad, to tellthe truth.

It warms my heart. Mingling with the common folk always narrows the mind wonderfully.
They are places for people to communicate, write, discuss in comments, and wholeheartedly accept gay relationships. I mean, that's what this fandom is, ne?

>ne
No, stop.
In fact, I would love to be friends with anyone decent enough to see that love is love, no matter who, what, or why.
Thank you all,
Seri

Seri, baby, we gotta talk.
No one is more interested in talking to an articulate brown girl than I but you really have to cool it with this whining and binting around.
I don't know what you look like and I won't say your looks aren't important but I'd really hate to think this blog is spoiling an otherwise perfectly fine brown girl.
Music:Set Fire to the Rain - Adele

I say "this blog" but it's really a personality flaw.
Surely that can be corrected.
And I'm up to the very beginning of this blog, thankfully.

No comments: