Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christ on a Cross

Hope you're ready for a lesson in pretension.
Sorry I missed Monday, incidentally, but Livejournal was down every time I checked so instead of finding another blog somewhere else I decided to play FFXIV instead.
New patch out next week probably. Culinarian is getting a fix, and I have to get it to 50 by then.
IT WON'T LEVEL ITSELF. And good Christ is it leveling slow now. Oh well, only 1.5 levels/ranks/whatever they call it now.
Today's writer's block is actually good (first time for everything):
What would you name a new planet?

I've put a lot of thought into this, mostly under the guise of trying to figure out a good home planet name for my Space Marine chapter and I've concluded Sentinel, Honorium or Hope's End would be the best names for a planet. Although I'm not sure how advisable it would be to name your new destination for the human race "Hope's End". Probably not an image you want to conjure in the minds of future space travelers.
Probably something in another language (Latin/Gaelic) or from a mythology that I'm familiar with.

Shut up you're boring.
Honorium is clearly a great name for a planet.

I am finished!
I still feel unsure about some of it, and I know it will be torn to shreds by the wise faculty... but I am proud. I think. hah. 17 pages worth of mythology and pagan literature examination.

Oh goodie. What could you possibly have to add that greater minds than yours haven't already concluded long ago?
I mean let's rewind a bit and look at your answer to this writer's block. You couldn't even come up with a planet name. The only thing you could spit out was what scientists already do when naming planets. You didn't even come up with one. You just described the process by which one might derive a name for a planet.
I really hope I can make it into a good argument in this next draft.

Now I shall go dream of hibernation... I do not want to type up something for quite a while now.Just kidding. But seriously, my mind is exhausted, my books are worn, my contacts are thread-bare (from staring at the computer screen for so long)...

I know it's a figure of speech but contacts don't have threads.
I understand 99% of the time you apply a term in a new way it comes off stupid and that's all part of the experimental process but seriously can you at least proofread this shit?
I'm in no position to talk about proofreading with the glaring flaws in this blog but still I feel it had to be said.
I put those errors there on purpose to lull my readers into a false sense of security. I am, in fact, infallible.

Black Friday is for the most part, wrong.
After having a wonderful holiday where families spend time together and are THANKFUL for everything they have, America has made a holiday where after we've been thankful, we go out and fight each other while spending all of our money on things we don't need.

Wrong in what way?
Morally?

Wow. Look at our country. It is so sad how that can happen. I know that sometimes there are amazing deals for Christmas presents for others, or just good holiday saves...
But all I know is that we should be spending time with one another on this holiday, and waking up at 2 am to stand in line at a store, or just spending all our money, isn't a way we should be spending the holiday. On top of that, it contradicts COMPLETELY what we spent the previous day doing ---- BEING THANKFUL for what we have.

By your own admission the holiday where we're thankful is already over, so it's time to spend like pig Americans.
I think you've defeated your own point.

We are all so blessed in America, and we all have so much stuff. Why can't we just stop WANTING things? This consumerism is ridiculous at the level it's reached.
I also was shocked to hear that stores opened on THANKSGIVING DAY for the Black Friday sales. Black Thursday? While people are supposed to be eating Thanksgiving suppers with their family, they were out shopping.
I don't mean to criticize this much at the moment. It is just wrong for the most part.

"I don't mean to criticize but that's exactly what I'm doing."
Fuck that, just go balls to the wall and call people disgusting pigs begging for annihilation. I hate people like you who say something and then try to give it a glaze of politeness and kindness by saying shit like "well in my opinion--" or "I don't mean to criticize" or my all time favorite, "I'm sorry, but--" no, you're not sorry, you do mean to criticize and of course it's your fucking opinion, dipshit-- It's coming out of your fucking yap!
Here's a poem this twat wrote called "On Perseverance and Purity" and I can't wait for this.
Is this the reading of my stars, oh Arbiter
Of right and wrong, you’ve written out?
Is this the road laid stone by stone
By Your great and perfect Hands?
Or have the empty heavens rained
Upon this barren earth the form
Of a way so rocky and shapeless for me?

Wow this is really good.
This seems like something those metaphysical poets would write only really stupid.
Metaphysical poems usually have a turn, though, where they seem like they're going one way then at the end it's something like "and yet--" and then they conclude the opposite.
It's a neat trick the first time but ten thousand million times later not so much.
I don't see a turn. She just keeps concluding exactly what she's going to conclude.
I guess, I dunno. I'm not really reading it at this point.

{{ Yes, I did write this. The structure is more loose than what I normally do. No stealing. }}

Don't worry. Not fucking likely.
Also I'm not going to lie: the structure is indeed "more loose" (protip, dipshit: looser is a word) than what I'd expect from a poem.
You're getting a masters in classical studies, seriously?
A MASTER OF THE WRITTEN WORD doesn't know how adverbs work. Beautiful.
Mood:pondering
Music:"May It Be" by Haley Westenra

Haley Westenra-- no, I don't even want to know.
Also "pondering" isn't a mood. It's a verb. When are you Livejournal people going to learn not everything you can do is a fucking emotional state.
Know what my mood is? A little bit angry, honestly.
The first one is, senior thesis. I'd prefer not to go into extreme detail about the character of a thesis, but it is very difficult and I am not sure what I am to defend. I'd love it to have to do with literature, church history, or just history in general.
I will pray though about it more.

Oh good, pray. That always gets the job done.
Senior thesis-- no, I don't want to talk about this anymore.
I can't do anything without the Lord's guidance.
I need to pray more often. I have been lacking in that. I fall asleep usually before I pray at night. I feel really guilty about that.

I just said I don't want to talk about this anymore.

PS. I have started reading another book and am about 3/4 through it (very fast read), and it is called "Lord of the Flies". It's some Government extra credit for senior year. It's pretty good.

>Lord of the Flies
>Confusing
Are you stupid or something?

Would you rather be a vampire or a vampire hunter, and why?

How many times have we been over this? Kill the abomination.

Vampire hunter, obviously. Vampires are Satanic and disgusting. Who wouldn't want to be someone who was destroying and hunting down evil creatures? Go Hunters! :)

Err-- yeah, that.
Except the smiley face at the end and the part where it sounds like you're cheering on a football team.
You know, when you think about it "kill the abomination" sums up everything you said in three words, sounds 100x better and about a million times cooler to boot. Is there a way in which I am not a superior writer to you?
Of course there isn't.

If you could go back and change one event in your life (or un-say one thing you wish you'd never said), what would you choose, and why?

"Sure, I'll intern at that school."
For obvious reasons, I think.

There are so many things I regret saying and doing, but I honestly wouldn't change them, and I am learning to not regret them, because I said and did them for a reason, because God has a plan and if I changed what I'd done, it wouldn't work for an even better end the Lord has in store. Everything happens for a reason.

Oh God.
Ha, literally. Oh God.
Here's a writer's block asking what color crayon she'd be and she somehow works God into it (no idea how because I can't force my eyes to focus that long).

Secondly, my hair is gold and I'm thankful God blessed me with it. Thirdly, My favorite time period in history is ancient greek and roman times, and the color gold reminds me of it.

Oh, okay.
Gold is the color.
God. And handily I'm at the beginning of this abortion of human creativity.

No comments: