Monday, June 13, 2011

Imperator Gratias

Oh what's this?
Furries, etc.
Also note the first post about filters.
I do love them filters, man. Especially since they share three common themes:
1. "I've set up a series of filters to ensure relevant postings." Implying, what, anything about your life is interesting or relevant?
2. "If you want to be part of my super secret fan club, you have to ask and I'll consider you on a case by case basis." This is probably my favorite because I cannot imagine anyone seriously doing this.
3. "If you don't do this you'll be missing out on some of my better postings" and yet most people manage to post once a week to once a day without the filter about such subjects as their illegitimate lovechild or the multiple affairs they've had so I'm left with the perplexing idea of what's behind the filter?

One thing to note...I have my public posts, then a filter for my "friends only" posts. Those on my "friends" filter get everything from meme's to silly comments to serious, thoughtful posts. You need to ask me, to be added to that filter. I will decide on a case by case basis.

WOW, EVERYTHING FROM SILLY COMMENTS TO MEMES! THIS TRULY IS THE PINNACLE OF READING.
If you had to relocate to another city, what would you miss most about the place you're leaving behind.

Wow I can't help but notice you asked a question with a period. Today's WB:
If you had to relocate to another city, what would you miss most about the place you're leaving behind.

And her answer:

I don't have to wonder, since I did just this.

Having been in my new town about a week now, homesickness is hitting me pretty hard. While I miss the places I would go to eat and the sights I would see, what I miss the most right now is my close circle of friends. I tried to hang out with the local fandom group, but that's been though.

Fandom.
Ohhhh boy.
I get the feeling I'm in for it now.

On the last Sunday of May, Locke took me to the top of Lookout Mountain in Colorado. There, with a herd of deer standing near and watching us, he got down on one knee and gave me a ring. He asked me that special question.

....with tears streaming from my eyes, I squeaked out a "Yes."

Furries are allowed to get married and reproduce.
Truly there is no justice in the world.
I still try to have a social life, despite the obstacles that keep arising. The one local weekly furmeet Locke and I go to got moved from Saturday to Thursday night. "All right", I thought "We can actually go more often now."...Wrong! The same week of the day switch, my work decides that they need me every Thursday night. This makes it very difficult to attend the meet.

Furmeet.
So-- I guess that's where annoying douches go to dress like mascots and FUCK EACH OTHER IN THE ASSES?

We were able to sneak down to Animeland Wasabi for a bit last Saturday night. We meet up with Laken, Blue, and Salem. Laken wore her newer suit "Axelle" and I wore

You're going to something called "Animeland Wasabi" dressed as a wolf.
What has happened in your life where that occurs to you as something you can actually do and it seems like a good idea?
My favorite author, Brian Jacques, has left this world. While my heart mourns, a familiar passage from a story of his comes to my mind.
Poor Brian Jacques. He had a cool story about a sentient mouse who becomes a knight and look what furries did to it.
Oh, he used Wikipedia. That a really reliable source for information. (italics denote sarcasm)
Remember, kiddies, Wikipedia is a good place to START. Take the time to follow the links and find other sources. So say my English and Speech teachers.

Actually it is a good source of information, usually. Just read the Dante's Inferno entry. It's accurate, short, filled with primary sources-- were this any other source it would be a great thing to use but NO WIKIPEDIA IS AUTOMATICALLY SHIT.
Of course I suppose that relies on a certain level of mastery of a subject so you can identify when Wikipedia is off its own ass so who the fuck knows.

What animal best represents your inner spirit? If you had to wake up as an animal, which one would you choose, and why? Are your two answers the same? Why or why not?

Right now I am so fucking pissed I accidentally sold 30 toad skins in FFXIV I'm sure my spirit resembles a giant fire breathing golden lion or some shit.
WHAT THE FUUUUCK WHY DIDN'T I PAY MORE ATTENTION?
FUUUCK I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW AND IT WON'T LET UP.
Back around my birthday, my brother got me a couple random PS2 titles, Mojo! and "Sega Genesis Collection". Mojo is odd, but a fair time killer. I've only played a couple titles on the Collection, mainly Comix Zone and Ecco the Dolphin. All the titles on the Collection are just retro kick-backs. Nothing too deep or involved there.

>just retro kick-backs
>nothing too involved
>Phantasy Star 2 is part of this collection
Are you fucking kidding me?
EH JUST A QUAINT RETRO KICK BACK NOTHING LIKE ROCK BAND FUCKING II WHICH I GO ON AND ON ABOUT.

I'm still spending way too much time on Rock Band 2.

And you know what's really grinding my shit now? Every six words is a hyperlink to Google that searches whatever she's talking about so now I have to copy every goddamn sentence into wordpad because if I don't it'll fuck my entire formatting up.
I'm glad she's not a Phantasy Star fan actually because then she'd be going on and on about the characters and every word would be a goddamn link to Google.
YOU KNOW RUDOLPH STEINER IS NAMED AFTER A SOCIOLOGIST WHO FOUNDED A SCHOOL.

Speaking of my kitsune self, I was "caught" tonight. I went in for a restraint / recovery class, as part of my training. I happened to be wearing my RMFC shirt from 2007. As I was walking out after class, Carin (the instructor) saw the back of my shirt.

Caught.
Because you were wearing a furry shirt.
That'd be like wearing a shirt that says "I love cocks in my ass and face" and being amazed when people ask if you're gay.

"You were at the fur con?" she asked. I confirmed that I was, for that year. It happened to be the year that RMRP was the charity for the con. We chatted a bit about the con. Then she straight asked, "So, are you a furry?" I said yes. She said, "That's neat."

"Keep your creepy shit away from me, freak."
CREATING A HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT, ONE OF THE MANY SERVICES I CAN RENDER.

So, instead of the con, we putzed around the den, guitar hero-ing and other activities. *wink*

Gross.
Wow this blog is really boring.
Anyway I think I've put off ending this entry for long enough.

No comments: