Tuesday, March 18, 2014

What the fuck am I reading

So today's entry seems to fancy himself some sort of combat master.
He talks about some hand to hand security class like he's being tactically indoctrinated via hypnocasket by the Ultramarines.
Today I went to my first upper belt class for martial arts. It wasn't at all what I was expecting, and I have no idea if it was a "normal" class or not.
Well it starts with 5 minutes in the pain glove.
Not sure what that is?
Well fuck you.
It seemed more technical than the other classes I've been to, less strength-building and more fine-tuning techniques. We spent about an hour of the two-hour class doing nothing but spinning crescent kicks, over and over and over. The rest of it was mounting holds and throws. That was a lot more fun than the kicks, which got really, REALLY old after a while.
Well, you know, it's like Bruce Lee said:
I fear more the man who has practice 1 kick 10,000 times than the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks one time.
I am happy to report that I survived my personal security course this weekend. Yay! Thirty hours of intense hand to hand self defense training, full contact with no rules except to survive at any cost. It was a phenomenal experience. 
Or Deathwatch training, as we usually call it.
Surely you didn't think you could wear the black without training?
Intense assassination, evasive, breaching and barricade/hostage training.
It's the business a space marine isn't used to. It's the training that sets you apart from normal space marines.
The basic premise of the weekend was stress inoculation and violence desensitization. We learned that the primary mistake most people make when they're in a violent situation is that their brains go into vapor lock. 
Gotta accept the hypno indoctrination from the Deatwatch before they let you in as a full member. Loyalty to the chapter is subsumed by loyalty to the Deathwatch.
This isn't a comfortable reality for any marine.
We learned gun and knife disarms. 
You know the thing about a good knife attack is you don't realize you're being shanked until it's too late. If he's waving it in front of your face usually he's doing it wrong.
Also a gun disarm, really?
That sounds like a great way to get shot.
We learned how to channel our fear and shock into rage. Flipping a switch in our brains that says "Not me, not today" and then going forward with everything we have in order to make sure we survive the encounter. Constant forward motion is the key, and not backing down until the threat is neutralized.
Yeah, okay.
In her head she's thinking this is what's happening now:
But the reality is probably closer to:

Boy I sure am glad I have to agree I'm 18 or older to read this.
It's official: I am now a gold belt. Woohoo!!!
So this is you now, huh?
Here's a post entitled "early released"
can you believe today was a 2 hour delay then we got out early because of the ice?
North Carolina has lost its mind.
God I'm tired. Fuck this.
NO SONG OF THE DAY NO TIME FOR THAT.

No comments: