Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mining & Meteors

I could be mining.
Or stopping Sephiroth from dropping a meteor into the planet in Final Fantasy 7.
Or stop the Empire from dropping a meteor into the planet in Final Fantasy 14.
Square has one plot and they milk it.
But no, I'm here updating this shit.
You're welcome.
I have a pile of books that has been sitting next to the computer for a Very Long Time, some of them possibly over a year. I have had Plans to review each and every one of them, because I had things that I wanted to say. But in the interests of not beating myself up over things that aren't happening, and getting the books back on shelves, I'm going to try and list them, and maybe say a sentence or two about each of them.  
Har don't care.
After an epic day of shopping/errands, the kids and I have agreed to try and not get in the car for the next three days. In fact, the only reason we are planning on going out to it is to bring in the shopping, and maaaaybe to do some cleaning.

I have bought tomatoes (2 boxes), half of IKEA (the small stuff), dry goods from Kouks, music books and attachments for music stands, a stack of TV/movie DVDs (some of which are a belated b'day present), and ex-library books (one with a g-f focaccia recipe that I'm hoping to try tomorrow!!!!)
Someone record themselves reading this out loud and post a comment with a link to it because I can't be bothered to read these words.
If it's under 20 seconds I might listen to it.
Today is the first day of a two week holiday from work. Yes, it is the school holidays, and thus there will be Stuff that needs my attention, but I'm planning on not having large expectations of myself. What I have done is grabbed a roughly A1 piece of butchers paper, blu-tacked it to the wall, and got the kids (and myself) to write possibilities all over it. In the bottom corner, I've written a set of goals, which reads:
  1. Have fun
  2. Learn stuff
  3. Get the house sorted
 Chievo #1: beat Final Fantasy 7.
Everything else is incidental.
  some days, the fannish part of my brain wins out over the rest. which made the following *statistics* web page title a little on the double take side of things:
FAN GIRL HERE.
I LIKE HOBBIES TRADITIONALLY ASSOCIATED WITH MEN BUT--
nah fuck it.
Not going through the whole thing again.
The thing she links I literally don't understand. It's like a graph of nonsense.
 Friday, in a desperate effort to do *something* I started pulling apart the music/sewing room, and taking everything off the shelves in the back hall. These needed to be done simultaneously, as incompetence on my part meant that there were multiple part stacks of fabric in both spaces.

Yesterday, I sorted the yarn (this was the easy bit). I also dealt with large chunks of fabric. And with artisanat's help, the furniture of the music/sewing room was rearranged, such that the seats all use the open space, rather than at least one attempting to use the space the rest of the furniture was. I'm pretty happy with the results, and Stuff was chosen to declutter as well.

Today, I have attempted to keep the process going, but the most amazing case of Doorway Brain*
This blog is so douchey it has notations.
Can you believe there's a blog with notations?
Doorway Brain, for those of you begging for Armageddon might be curious about, is defined by this cunt as:
* where going through a doorway, or a reasonable facsimile of such causes the current task to escape from conscious thought, leaving one with the 'where was I going, what did I want to get done?' bafflement. 
Ooooooooor you could have saved us all aggravation at having to follow your bullshit nonsensical trains of thought around and just written "I'm a dumb slut" instead.
I asked the ratusbagusaii who wanted to go, and eldest and middlest went 'meh', while youngest bounced and squee'd. Artisanat is perfectly happy to go if others are, but isn't motivated all on his lonesome. And thus I booked 3 tickets. And halfway through that process, middlest changed zer mind. Which makes me the big bad meanie, because I wouldn't go back, and find a spot that had four seats together (or five, because I'd be betting on eldest also changing zer mind), or make any arrangements for them to come too. 
You refer to your children as "zer"?
Why?
Zer?
Are you fucking joking?
You can say "him" or "her". It probably won't offend the snowflakes.
And I doubt seriously identifying your children by their gender will endanger them.
Jesus Christ could you be any more of a cunt?
And the writing is lovely. Understated, but very enjoyable use of language. And when I say understated - there is no one section that I noticed the writing, indicating that it is consistent. This comes out in the characters as well. Apart from the viewpoint character, there are several other major characters, all of whom come across in detail, with more than just a sense of the physical description (why, yes, I've been reading stories that focus on 'the brunette', 'the dark haired one', and other such frustrating ways of 'depicting' a character). 
Only women give a shit about overly ornate character description.
Just fill in the details in your own head, Jesus.
I like how she's reviewing books for young adults.
Why is the primary literary demographic for women books about kinky bondage and books intended for children?
Is that reality or is that just my skewed perspective thanks to these shitty blogs?
it occurs to me now to ask - is there anyone reading this journal who would like access to my general locked posts, and doesn't have it? I have a pretty broad policy on this - as long as I don't work with you, and I haven't had problems with you in the past, I'm happy to add. 
Oh yes, please let me see your locked posts.
The unlocked posts have been so stultifying I'd just love to see what you've deemed inappropriate for the general public.
This morning, youngest was up at six, having attempted to stay up late last night, in order to clear out zer desk. There are neat little piles all over zer floor. The desk has now a set of very specifically located items. Not sure what zie is going to do with the rest  -
Between the really uninteresting content and the really distracting grammatical quirks (guess which one I mean) this blog is virtually unreadable. I've spent the last five minutes just staring at my market orders.
This is a set of about 10 numbers that doesn't change.
Just staring into the void.
And let me tell you, those 10 numbers were off the fucking chain compared to this bullshit.
 There is something ironic in winning an ebay bid on two balls of the main colour of a crochet project so that you can finish it...

.. and running out of the contrast colour the same day.

*sigh*

fortunately, I have a failed experiment that includes a section of that colour, so I guess I'll be unpicking it today. 
>not using accented analogic colors
plebeian garbage
The youngest child is quite clearly a girl.
She just posted a picture of her.
Why in the fuck would you use gender neutral pronouns then?
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming it was some sort of motherly "I'm protecting my child's identity online" thing but no, here she is.
Which, given that it has a very narrow perspective - that of a pre-teen/early teen male - is possibly not surprising. And the handling of the main character's disability appears to be done well** - there is healing across the course of the story, but even though Odd goes to Asgard, there is no 'hand of god(dess)'***
Did I mention the notation thing is in almost every post?
Surely, you're thinking, this dumb cunt can't notate her own thoughts with further digressions about her own thoughts?
Why wouldn't she just add them in the paragraph where it's appropriate?
WELL I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT SHE DOES.
** I hate this about the english language. I want to say hand of god and have it mean male or female or other or both or neither, but I know damn well that people will interpret it as the former, and thus I have to indicate that it isn't necessarily and argh. 
It was common in Norse and even Greek and Roman mythology to refer to the gods as male mostly because they transcended our petty notions of gender.
Even though the gods have human emotions and act in a seemingly human way they're supposed to be way superior to man so doing this bullshit gender politics nonsense is kind of stupid because I doubt it's an argument they'd want to be part of.
Like Athena was a great warrior while being a goddess.
Did anyone say "hey Athena that's a man's job"?
Everyone was too busy flipping their shit and possibly getting their shit mangled by ball lightning to notice.
This woman claims to be a scientist but I'm not buying it. Probably some sort of feminist theory scientist or something.
Those exist, I assume.
Sorry I lost interest.
Fuck blogs.

No comments: