Monday, February 25, 2013

Slideshow

Got into the new FFXIV 2.0 beta thing and it was fun until I hit the combat and everything turned into a slideshow and became an unplayable mess.
Good job with this shit, SE.
Anyway here we go--
I'm sure it's just because there are 8000 people mashed into one little area but come on you invited a billion people to this thing maybe mobilize more than four servers.
AW YES

MY INTERNSHIP IS FINALLY OVER

I REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME

really really. the e-mail said it was done. DONE. nothing more I gotta do. they'll put my name on the website and everything.

NOW TO PUT THAT BADBOY ON MY RESUME

AND I SWEAR TO CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH IF THAT DOESN'T HELP ME GET A JOB IN WHAT REMAINS OF THIS YEAR






THEN I'LL BE PRETTY SAD.
CAPS LOCK ACTIVATE
Like what's wrong with you?
figured I should say something here, since I last wrote.

finished a fanfic since then. applying for graduate school.

sup?
Oh I'm sorry, are we having a dialogue?
Not much is up here. I'm just sorting my skill queue in EVE Online.
What are you doing?
Oh shit, that's right. It's a fucking blog entry and you can't respond.
Idiot.
i thought i was only at one warning

because i never used a goddamn cash register before having this job

but apparently i screwed up so badly i jumped ahead two

even the manager on duty didn't know exactly what i did wrong

how the fuck does that even happen

how the fuck did i not even last one fucking month there

i am just.... fuck. why am i so fucking pathetic
She got fired because she can't work a cash register.
But she was working at a dollar store so I imagine it's even more passive aggressive than a grocery store.
Of course quite how you fuck up "this item is a dollar" I don't know but whatever.
I clean up aisles, unpack things and put them in their place, but for the first time in my life, I worked the register. And boy do I suck at it. I have to memorize my SS, and there’s tons of odd combinations I have to do if a customer wants to retract an item. Now the thing is, I am TERRIBLE with math in all forms. Counting, handling change, you name it, I suck. I screwed up so much today… one of the managers said there’s a certain number of times you can do give back incorrect change before you get terminated. And I did it 3 times today.
How the fuck is there change involved when everything is a dollar?
Am I losing my mind?
Tax I guess but still--
how do you fuck up giving change back?
Like yes, I'll admit we had words at my old shitty grocery store job over what constituted a full table of pistachios (I somehow got in trouble for having it too full and too empty [the mountain of pistachios I created when they couldn't make up their fucking mind didn't help my cause]) but at least I know how to make change.
In fact, yes.
No matter what happens in my life
no matter how shit I think I am at any of my jobs
at least I can break a dollar.
So… yeah, Mom said if I am terminated next week or something, not to “get offended”. She really wants us to keep looking for other jobs, since the security in this one is so terrible. But for now, a job is a job. I’ll be working on Weds and Thurs next week. Fingers crossed.
Yeah just abandon hope now.
$8.50 an hour, not too shabby.
Yeah in 1980 maybe.
I just...  I dunno, it's almost getting to be a year since I graduated from college, and I feel like I keep letting my parents down. I'm the only one unemployed in the family - even my little sister just got hired last week, and one of my cousins got a paid internship yesterday. I'm happy for them, of course, but... I feel so damn useless. But I have no right to be upset, not when there's worse things happening to people, I'm blessed and lucky to still be where I am.
English major ahoy!
I'm an English major. I was screaming internally for the last five minutes of the interview.
Oh holy shit.
I swear I didn't know that before I said she was an English major.
Psychic right here send the black ships I'm ready to start my inquisitorial career.
BITCHES I'M GETTING PUBLISHED

YOU READ THAT RIGHT
Published in Caps Lock Press apparently.
Granted it's for a webzine and I won't be paid and they heavily edited it

BUT LOOK AT ALL THE FUCKS I GIVE
Uhhh
you should give at least two.
One for not getting paid and the other for editing you.
Like you can't even use that as some sort of spurious reference on a resume if they edited you.
Holy fuck after this it's just MEME MEME MEME fuck it I'm going to bed.
ICE TOMORROW MAYBE OH SHIT.

No comments: