Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Plague Unending

How the hell am I still not fully well?
How long has this been going on?
Am I dying?
I wish it'd hurry the fuck up.
Today I went to National Gallery of Art with a friend, walked around DC, and went to the Kennedy Center's Millennium Stage to hear the US Air Force string quartet. Guys, I am so fucking cultured right now, I could make e coli jealous.
Well I have so many bacteria cultures living in me I'd make e coli jealous so.
You know.
e coli isn't invited.
It's about the only one not invited.
On Monday I am going to a jazz club, which feels apropo, somehow, after we found Etta James' star on a DC sidewalk.
Apropos.
Come on if you're going for the douchebag word at least spell it right.
I also, half an hour ago, began a new fic.

I love the feeling of a fic being born: I never get that electric feeling in my blood otherwise, except when I am in love. As I get more experienced as a writer, there is also that sad thought that statistically speaking, there is a 1% chance that I will ever be finished, however much in love I might be. What this says about my love life I dare not ponder. 
What the fuck?
Was that English?
Are those words I know?
This week has just been one of those weeks, honestly. I moved into a new place with new roommates because it was a) cheaper b) closer and c) I HATED my old roommate. Someday I will tell you all the long, sorry tale. Anyway, my new roommates are grad students from Thailand and Indonesia and whenever they don't have a paper due the next day (which is often, poor grad students) they bring home a bottle of wine to celebrate something or the other. And they invite me to have a glass or four and I ACCEPT, because SELF CONTROL, HOW DOES IT WORK 
M8
with the result that, together with being sick, sleeping it off has caused me to miss a lot of work and class. I mean, not a lot and I think quite a bit of it is due to me being sick rather than a total alcoholic but still. STILL. For the first time in my life I've shown up to a class slightly buzzed.
M8
Which is actually pretty nice, because it was totally relaxing and I could focus better on what was actually important in my notes BUT THAT IS SO NOT THE POINT OMG. The point is that is howwwww did I sink so low? /woe, sorrow, anguish etc.
ur a cheeky kunt m8 check urself b4 u reck urself m8
My laptop won't start.

I tried everything; took out the battery and AC adapter, switched the memory cards, tried them one at a time...Nothing. Nothing.
Whatashame.
I'm sure this is an easy fix but you know.
Girls using computers.
While I've been enjoying it enormously, something's been bothering me about Suits and it took til the latest episode to put my finger on why. 
About what?
Suits?
Is that a TV show?
This post is from 2011.
I've never even heard of that. Is it still on?
Oh man it is.
I am really out of touch with TV.
The characters are lawyers at a large, expensive, private firm. That's fine. But each episode manages to avoid the sort of moral dilemma that should be inevitable in these companies. Lawyers sometimes have to defend the indefensible and ruin the innocent. That's not some sort of judgement I'm laying down; it's just the way it is. Yet at the end of each episode, somehow, the big corporate lawyers were on the side of good.
Americlaps can't handle moral ambiguity.
It's too scary for us.
If God and Jesus didn't say it in the Bible we don't understand.
 I am seriously addicted to Glee. Seriously, this needs to stop. I've watched every episode at least three times and I don't even ship anyone! I just have a purely platonic adoration for this show.
Women.
I WATCHED A TV SHOW AND DIDN'T EVEN IMAGINE TWO PEOPLE HAVING GAY SEX!
While still deeply down in the dumps about Netherlands' loss to Russia in the Euro '08 semifinals (soccer--you wouldn't understand)
HIPSTER AS FUCK
I WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND.
To all my weird little friends that I usually adore:

I don't like Twilight.
There's a shocker.
Guess it's too mainstream.
Anyway I can't handle shit anymore.
Going.

No comments: