Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Duty Prevails

Get ready for some fucking crap.
Man.

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Considering Livejournal is mostly women the collective answer is "yes".
I mean I guess I do. I sure hate a lot of people at first sight so why can't it go the other way?
I mean for adults with a personality the general answer should be no but most people have the personality of wood so why the fuck not?

Yes, but the bigger question is, "Will there be love in return?"

Wait, what?

I just woke up and realized my entire life is an obscenity.

So fucking edgy hell yeah bro.

What is the best and worst quality about mankind?

Objectively humanity's ability to endure is its best quality. Name one other species besides bacteria that has managed to thrive on every continent on Earth.
Humanity's worst quality is its COWARDICE AND WEAKNESS.
Our ability to judge others.
Being judgmental is a good quality to have I think.
The man that rents the upstairs is a Monopoly fanatic. I also happen to be a Monopoly fanatic. As a good will gesture, I sent him a custom Monopoly game piece from Johnny Lightning/Playing Mantis in a giftwrapped jewelry box. Now, I am hoping to put together a very mean Monopoly game night at my residence and invite him over.

Monopoly is a great game to play if you have five hours to kill.
I am sure this is only going to end up starting a fued, but I am trying very hard to win my neighbor over, socially.
If you can feud over Monopoly you can feud over anything. I'm not sure I'd be awake during a Monopoly game, let alone caught with enough awareness to argue.

But the silence since I made this gesture has been quite loud.

Why the hell am I repelling people lately?

Because what kind of idiot sends a gift to a neighbor like that? He's probably hunting down a restraining order.
Jason H. and I went to our local place so that he could get his drink on and so I could people watch and listen to a brand of Karaoke that can only be described of as hurtful. An individual who has been watching me now for MONTHS finally had the courage to come up and try to speak to me.

Monopoly and going to the karaoke place. Is there a way in which your life isn't boring?
Why do you feel the need to keep a blog when this is your lot?
"Dear Livejournal,
Today Groundhog's Day continued" is how every entry should read.
And then he spoke...to Jason. Jason, who is promoting the cage fighting event at Midway Mall handed him a flyer.

Cage fighting. Let's talk about that instead.

The guy, we found out, is named Larry. As he conversed with Jason, Larry kept looking at me out of the corner of his eye, I think, expecting an introduction. Jason never gave it to him.

I stood there and did what gay people are bad to do. I played hard to get. Too hard to get. As in, "What? Jason is talking to somebody?" hard to get.

No okay bye interesting thing--

God, that was mean. What is wrong with me?

Larry, we know from a prior encounter, is also a fighter. He does unpaid matches out here in Emerald Edge where I live. Just because he likes to.

And he looks rough. He looks rough in the way that he needs somebody to take care of him.

So I guess I should clarify if this isn't obvious already: this is a guy writing this.

And poor Larry. Poor, big strong Larry, can't speak to me out of some kind of macho fear.

When we stepped out, Larry called to us telling us both to have a good evening.

I asked Jason why he didn't introduce us and Jason said, "Because he's a straight guy into you and you know you are going to get into trouble if you get involved with him."

Sounds like a great recipe for winding up strangled in a cheap hotel to me.

I have also faced the reality of my age: I have to give up on finding a mate.

Not if you follow my two step action plan.
As someone pointed out my action plan pretty much assumes you're a white man which I'm not going to lie or mince words: it does.
But as a white man I don't consider that a serious complaint. If you want your own action plan you have to figure it out for yourself. I can't think for all of mankind, here.
1. Stop being a pussy
2. Brown girls
Even Jesus Christ asked for more than I do.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that there are so very few people that can handle the tidal wave that is my personality. I have what can be described as a frustrating, suck-the-air-out-of-the-room sort of presence when I'm fully on.

THE SWARM RISES TO MEET ME.
So, as I age, I will have to find out just what will be keeping me warm at night when I start succumbing to chills and insecurities.

Far away, across the field
tolling on the iron bell
calls the faithful to their knees
to hear the softly spoken magic spell
Have you ever heard that song Time by Pink Floyd, friend? It sounds a lot like you only a lot more hardcore and a lot less whining.
I live for chaos, really I do.


HERESY.
Last week, I decided that I was going to seek out new employment. After gathering my wits, sprucing up my resume, and grabbing my nuts, I applied to three of our competitors. In less than an hour, I got a response.

Oh well la-dee-da.
LOOK AT ME GETTING RESPONSES IN LESS THAN A DAY.
I'm skipping down because I don't have time for all his words.

This new employer wants me to fill in for them one day a week for a few months while I keep my present job. Then, he'd like to hire me in full time.

Six day work week? Big deal, right? In 1999 when my first sales position really started moving for me, I didn't have a day off for SIX MONTHS.

Wait, because here is my dilemma: I have a BLOODY CONTRACT with my present employer that states that I am not permitted to work for any of our competitors, even on my own time.

Don't be a faggot, Christ.
Do it on the sly and tell that other company to suck 53 dicks.
Or, you could tell them this other company is offering you more and they better match the offer immediately or you're leaving. Strong arming isn't too smart unless you're vital to the operations of this company, though.

Some background here: the new company has been growing by leaps and bounds, buying up failing clinics and turning them around. They pay insanely well and have amazing loyalty with their employees. I would be a FOOL for not taking a chance on this.

So there you go. You'd be a FOOL (cool caps, bro) for not doing this. Speaking of, you really need to get a grip on your caps. That shit is getting pretty annoying already.

But all it would take for me to get my Fabulous and Righteous Ass Fired and SUED TO DEATH

All right, stop.
is for the wrong person to walk into my new clinic and recognize me, or somebody at the state level to question my present employers as to why my license is being used in three locations instead of two. Or, and this would be the most likely scenario, I'd have to call over to my present employer on a routine prescription check between clinics and somebody would recognize my voice.

I mean really your contract is just there to bind you, not the company. If the company wanted out they'd just breach it and then tie you up in court until you went broke so I say you don't owe them any loyalty. You were there to do a job and you did it and now it's time to move on. If you can't think of a clever way around this contract issue then you deserve to be shackled by it.

This is just not fair. I know the world isn't very kind, but just once I'd like to catch a break.

You only get the breaks you make.
Man this guy is so fucking boring. I can't believe this guy even bothers to post. Surely he gets bored writing about himself.
Anyway I'm going. I'm probably going to pass out for three weeks because of this boring bullshit.
Anyway goodbye, I'm off to inject a Red Bull straight into my dick. Only way to shake this off, I think.

No comments: