Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh here we go

Aspberger's Syndrome is an autism-spectrum disorder. Like all forms of autism, it is something that occurs (seemingly) more often in men than in women, and is marked by several social, cognitive and linguistic difficulties, some or all of which may be present in varying degrees of impairment.
Despite this, many autistic individuals go on to lead incredibly successful and fulfilling lives, and-- HEY WAIT, NO TIME FOR THAT! TIME TO FEEL SORRY FOR OURSELVES!
Self-diagnosis is the worst form of diagnosis because indeed most symptoms are purposefully vague because not everyone is going to fulfill every single symptom to the letter.

I recently read a book by John Elder Robinson, the older brother of memoirist, Augusten Burroughs; which centered on his experiences growing up with Asperger syndrome.
Uh-huh. Here it comes.

Some shared 'symptoms' include issues with social interaction, restrictive (and often very focused) or repetitive interests or behaviors, and speech/language issues.

Oh look, it fits me! I don't interact with people very often, I have a narrow range of interests and I have speech issues in that no one ever seems to understand what the fuck I'm talking about. I MUST HAVE ASSBURGERS!

To put it simply, he thought it was illogical for his mother to feel sorry for a completely stranger. And this seemingly logical stance has caused me to evaluate human emotion and interaction.

It is, to a degree. You can still feel empathy and all that other shit they try to drill into your head in elementary school, though.
When tragedy strikes (for instance, Hurricane Katrina, the Earthquakes in Haiti), we immediately feel sorry and bad - what can we do to help? While I can't say I didn't feel that same way, isn't that a weird experience?

Oh my God it's almost like we're specially adapted towards social conglomeration and are socially-minded creatures. I wonder if there's some sort of force in nature that selects beneficial traits to pass on to future generations and removes hindering traits?
Someone should really research this. I'll even give it a name so we don't have to debate about what to call it: I shall call it evolution.
I don't know anyone that lives in an effect region, so why should I feel sorrow? Aside from raising gas prices and taking time from television to raise money or report on the events, I was unaffected by both events.

If humans did always react like this I suspect we'd be living in a society similar to what the Dark Eldar from Warhammer have setup. You know, very Machiavellian in feel. Survival of the fittest, backstabban, "that was then, this is now"-type mentality. It'd be awesome.
Not that it's bad, mind, because it certainly seems to work for them, but we're BLESSED MANKIND and shit so we have to purge them because it's our destiny or whatever.
If you look into the animal kingdom there is none of this to experience.

Really?
It's like you just make this shit up as you go-- oh wait, that's exactly what's going on here.
Never mind.
But when you step back and look at things, isn't it ridiculous to feel sorrow or remorse over the death or tragedy of life for other people (or hell, even animals/pets*)?

Ah, truly the mentality of a high schooler.
My dog died recently, then my friend told me his dog died. Of course I had felt the pain of losing a pet, so I understood exactly what he was feeling and felt sorry he had to feel that, too.
I think that's the way this emotion thing works.

I've wondered for a while if anyone would be interested in story (short or episodic)...

I'm rereading The Count of Monte Cristo currently, so no thanks. It was episodic and fucking awesome, so I think it has you beaten.

This isn't to beg anyone to send me money, it's more of an incentive for me to write more and get practice with other characters, situations, etc.

Going back to your "empathizing with other people is illogical" mentality, why should I care if you become a better writer?
Anything I'd do would be pretty affordable) - So maybe $10 for a 'short' story, $15 for a 'long' story?

Are you fucking nuts? I spent 8 bucks and got all of The Count of Monte Cristo. All 1350 pages. You are going to have to write-- hold on-- 1620 pages before I'd be willing to pay 10 bucks.
Of that caliber writing, too.
It can involve (most) any content (I'm not opposed to writing on subjects that I don't enjoy, but most of my work has been done in specific 'fetishes'/themes)... Feel free to approach me with an idea and I'll let you know if it's something I'm okay writing about.

Fetishes--
>originally posted on FurAffinity

Anyway, Brick is a crime/detective story set in a modern era with 'high school aged' characters but orchestrated in the manner of a 1940's detective novel/movie (see Dick Tracy).

Scoobie Doo?
I think I've always had this lingering question in my head, do our actions define us more so than are beliefs, ideals, or thought processes? I guess it's always been there because I'm so in my head that what I think and what I do are two stark contrasts - so which is more 'me'? What I think, feel, and believe or what I do with those concepts in application?

Wouldn't both kind of constitute the person? I mean, Hitler, technically, meant well (at least for the German people) but I don't think many outside of Neo-Nazi skinheads are going to be arguing he was a good guy.
... Evil people don't think they're evil, you know.

**Hopes this wasn't a completely abstract/confused jumble**

Whatever, faggot.

I'm really tired of the bullshit that is other people.

Me too. Starting with you.

I understand that some things (like morals, ethics, and general acceptable behavior) are based on personal preference and experience, but seeing as we're all - a derp - human beings, there are some things that everyone can agree on... so when you violate those canons,

Mores, not canons.
For someone who likes to bang on and on about social behavior you sure don't know very much about it.
You make me ashamed to be gay. You make me ashamed to be a man. You make me ashamed to be human.

Nope. You made yourself feel that way, asshole.

I watch him in the kitchen, and I think of how much it hurts to love somebody.

That's funny, because I heard that love "happiness is when you really feel good with somebody,
nothing wrong with being in one with someone"

How deep the hurt is, how almost unbearable. It's not the love that hurts; it's the possibility of anything happening to the object of your love.

Oh baby, love and happiness.
Like, I would not want Dennis to lose his mind. But I'd be much more fearful of me losing my mind, because then he'd be the one left alone.

Wait a minute, let me tell you
the power of love

i cant do this anymore

This is his first post. I guess he could do this anymore.
Err, wait-- whatever.

No comments: