Friday, February 19, 2010

Camouflage is the color of fear.

Take that, modern military dress codes.
Today we have some... Thing. She calls herself "musochild" and I've contemplated the possible translation of the word "muso" (or "musou" as it's typically spelled) and unfortunately without accompanying kanji or context it's pretty much impossible to know the real meaning.
The problem is that the word translates one of several ways, and all are horrific cliches in these blogs.
The two most likely candidates are 「夢想」 or 「無双」, meaning, in order, "dream (as in a vision)" and "peerless".
I've also entertained the possibility it's not Japanese in origin, but given the internet and blogs as a whole-- nah.
So what do we have here, a delicate, bard soul or Johnny Arrogant?
I'm going to guess both. I haven't read it yet, but that's my gut feeling.
so i pulled an all-nighter.
then at 6am friend of mine who i've known (and liked) for quite a few years comes online, says hi.
then he says that at a camp we went to two years ago, he spent the whole time hitting on me in a roundabout way.
i say 'you should've told me, i wouldn't have said no.'

Wouldn't have said no. Is that a fucking yes or a no, goddamn?
giving up on men. really. they're all useless, unless they're gay. in which they're just as useless, except nicer about it.

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

do you believe that angels watch from above? the grass is green, but is it green enough?

What the fuck?
No, no, we're not doing this. Next entry.

Name: Claire
Nicknames: Clairebear, Isolde, Princess, Trigger, Clarabella, plus a multitude.

Claire. Hi Claire :3
I particularly like your nickname of "Isolde" first because it's really pretentious but second because of Iseult (as she's typically known)'s bad end. Crushed to death by a Cornish knight.
Nobody fucks with Mark of Cornwall.
About Me:
me?

Really?
WRITE ABOUT YOURSELF.
WAIT, ME?
No, stupid, the other you. Putz.
i'm a little bit strange, i guess. i like beautiful and bizarre and eccentric and weird and wonderful things

Wow how unique.
i'd like to go back to south africa, the beloved country, and fly away to ireland and walk the streets of london in the glooming joyous rain, and run to russia inside a lucent dusk.
i saw a glassmaker today, and fell in love.
aaaaaand i promise i'm not this intense all the time.

I have such a fucking headache.
Unrelated, probably, but still doing nothing to help--
Music:
don't ask this! so much music. right now i'm a little bit into 70's and 80's rock, but i'm a bit of an indie chick normally.

Claire confirmed for hipster bitch.
Speaking of not shit music (the 70s and 80s bit of her sentence): Billy Idol covered Simple Minds "Don't You Forget About Me". I just found out about this.
It's really good, actually. I mean, Billy Idol is always awesome, but there's pretty much no reason to cover the original because it's good as-is, but it's still a really good cover.

plus, i'm a classically trained soprano, and i love to scat.

Classically trained annoying, more like.

Movies:
arthouse and french! oh, and i kinda love star wars. a lot. that doesn't make me a geek.

I always have a problem with people who answer a question like that. What movies do you like? OH I LIKE FRENCH MOVIES.
... Okay? I didn't fucking answer your question with "oh I like American movies," did I? No, I gave you a direct fucking answer. What kind of French movies? I've never seen a French movie in my life because I like my movies to be about cool things like bounty hunters and samurai and shit so needless to say I never have much of a reason to see what's going on in the Land of the Franks, so you're going to have to help me out a little.

Books/Authors:
irini savvides, virginia woolf, ted hughes, sylvia plath, markus zusak.

Oh wow. I've never met someone who honestly admits to liking Sylvia Plath.
Actually I tell a lie: I have met one person. I nicknamed her The Torso.
(She had a really, abnormally long torso. I think she was a xeno)
more weird dreams.

Huh that's almost close to the opening of a really awesome book I know about.
read the new margaret atwood, year of the flood.

I'm not typically a fan of contemporary writers but Margaret Atwood wrote a book about Odysseus' wife, Penelope, that I (for a second) debated checking out. I ultimately decided against it because if I wanted to read a book about women and their periods I'd just check out what's up on Livejournal and add another brilliant entry to my already formidable List of Honors that is this blog.
YOU JUST GOT DESTROYED, MARGARET ATWOOD.
Also Livejournal
Also Penelope
Also literary tradition
Goddamn that was a fucking megaton of a burn.

weird post-apocalyptica satire on christianity and mob rule, crossed with a brothel, some gene splicing and CorpSeCorps.
bizarre. it'll take a second reading to understand.

Huh that's funny. That sounds a lot like Warhammer, except really stupid.

5. what are you listening to now/have listened to last: now? the whirring of my computer. last? through glass by stone sour at band practice this afternoon.

What

going on schoolies on saturday. more yay!

>Happy about going to school on Saturday
Well, Claire, I must say you're not the worst blogger I've ever had the pleasure of meeting but your blog is still pretty fucking bad. Might I suggest trying to be less of a hipster bitch and just rolling more with what you like, versus what makes you look cool?

No comments: