Tuesday, May 13, 2014

That's a penis

Here's some jackoff with a blog I dunno
I’ve been looking at the high-powered blue-beam lasers for a few years now, that are capable of starting fires from a distance. I actually had several ideas of what that could be good for (no, not arson) around my own area. This is just entirely my own ideas, maybe someone with more experience with high powered lasers can tell me if I’m just being more paranoid than usual.
Use it to castrate yourself you fucking wad.
I’m thinking that I’m going to have to put that entire idea on hold for safety. I know that may come as a surprise to most who know me, as just yesterday I was messing with an antique rifle that’s bigger than some people are tall (the shaving cream can being used as a test dummy sort of exploded with just a glancing blow. Oops.) but in this case I think my usual paranoia’s actually moved beyond my normal ‘twenty foot thick backstop’ solution and into the actual realm of actually NOT doing something. This is new.
Why do all these guys with blogs sound the fucking same? They're always pseudo-intellectual and talk like they're some kind of misunderstood genius but really they're just fucking weird and furries.
And losers.
Is it a rule of the internet that if you have a blog you have to be fucking boring?
Well, here we are a full two weeks after my appendix burst, and so far so good. My last side-tube is out, the infection seems to be gone, and I will have to do some follow ups to look into surgery some time in November to remove the last bits of appendix, but it seems to have worked out well. I did not die, which sounds pathetic but is a real accomplishment.
Too bad.
I passed my dissertation defense today. This means I am entirely done except for the paperwork, which has to be in on time. That’s the one area I’m still worried about.

The job situation is also good news as I’ve picked one up at the community college back home! While not the highest paying, it’s where my house is so no rent to worry about and I’ll be able to start putting it back together as I’ve largely been stopping in for a day or so every few months to drop stuff off. Not the best way to keep anything.
Woooooow who cares
A while back I had a problem with one of my diamond cutting blades. I’d used it for a while on everything from sheetmetal to ceramic without issue, and one day cutting through a very thick iron pipe I noticed it wasn’t cutting well at all anymore. The edges appeared to be polished smooth, which was very odd as it was, as I said, a diamond blade. Usually wear exposes more cutting edges. A smooth edge was rather strange.

I just found out yesterday that diamonds are often NOT used for high speed machining of steels due to diamond, and carbon in general, being soluble in iron at very high temperatures, such as what you get when you’re moving a blade at about 45,000 rpm and the metal you’re cutting is white-hot as a result…

I didn’t know this and now I feel stupid. I’ve been told that I can fix my blade if I cut through some hard substances to wear the smoothed part off and get back to some unfuzed diamonds. I don’t know if that will work yet or not.

Luckily, industrial diamonds, like I prefer in my cutters, are in a totally different category than jewelry-grade diamonds in that they are very CHEAP. Most are synthetic and the rest are cast-off from mining processes. It’s true that my sharpening stones, which are also made of diamond suspended in a metal bonding, do sparkle if you stick them in sunlight but it’s a ‘grey’ sparkle that no one would be impressed by.

Even so, I did wonder what it says that I think my favorite ‘gemstone’ is industrial diamond (just by virtue of how many I own compared to any other kind of stone) and the general consensus is that it means I’m cheap.

So much for those birthstone charts and zodiac things…
I just forgot to breathe for like three straight minutes.
Did I die?
 Apologies to anyone who’s life I destroyed by not writing ‘spoiler’ in before I talked about Adventure Time. I didn’t think that anyone would be as far behind as me in seeing it. So, SPOILER:

I was giving some thought to the Ice King, and I realized something. I think he is the only cartoon ‘villain’ I know of who got his evil powers through perfectly legitimate methods. Even in cases where the bad guy is supposed to have had great wealth or something they always seem to imply that something shady occurred to get it.
Him from the Power Puff girls got his power by virtue of being the devil.
A transsexual devil.
What a bizarre show.
And another thing…

So I was thinking earlier (soul-cutting scream here) but then I realized (head banging on desk) except I needed to take into account (knock over desk yelling) yet, when you get down to it, it’s really just a case of (throw chair through the window and dive out head first, wailing).

You know what I mean…?
Dude just stop.
I don’t have a game console of any kind but I did see someone playing the game recently and saw the full scenes on Youtube. In Arkham city (and most other media) Ra's al Ghul wants Batman to kill him, marry his daughter, and take over some organization of assassins. In almost every version Batman does defeat him in combat, passes the trials, and then…just walks off, not killing the guy, and making a lifelong (or longer if Ra's al Ghul’s claim of being 600 years old is correct) enemy.
Great game. Mr. Freeze is a genuinely tense and creepy boss fight.
The creepiness comes from your conditioning as a video game player. As a game player you're probably used to bosses following a pattern and you exploit it until you win.
So imagine my surprise when I engage this instinct only to have Mr. Freeze toss Batman off his back and say "I learn from my mistakes, Batman."
While I admit I’m not as ‘morally perfect’ as Batman (having to deal with actual reality as opposed to scripted fiction will do that to you) I agree with the idea of not killing a man for no reason, but not Batman’s result. Why (and this might make a great comic) not STILL avoid killing him, but take over the assassins while making al Ghul his TEACHER? If this man is indeed centuries old, he would be an amazing repository of information and skills.
You know it was like game of the year according to many sources. I don't think they need your help telling the story, buddy. I ended up doing something else for like 2 hours.
This is that fucking boring.
Jesus.
Song of the now.

No comments: