Monday, July 28, 2014

Rust never sleeps

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Got this overtime thing I gotta do at work for a while and when that's done I'm going to Japan for 4 days so updates might be a little sparse.
Basically I worked 60 hours last week.
That might be normal for some plebeians but not for a glorious patrician class like myself.
And I was a little sick on top of it so basically what I'm saying is I know serious suffering.
Just kidding I'd rather do 60 hours like that than 15 hours at Harris Teeter.
Or, God help me, 50ish hours at that shitty high school I student taught for.
At least this place pays and has the good sense to not ask for the impossible.
Hey can you do 10 hours of work for 2 people in 5 hours with 1 person?
No?
Why not?
Anyway I'm just going to trawl the tumblr feminism front page because that's basically blogging to me at this point.
have you ever heard any wild gaming conspiracies?
Yeah I heard Chucklefish took your fucking money and ran.
Anyone who dropped 15 bucks on Starbound--
Well, that's 15 string cheeses you can never buy.
What kind of idiot would buy that game on the promises that it'd be a glorious space journey where you can build an entire techno city on an alien planet?
CERTAINLY NOT FUCKING ME ;_;
Yeah, there’s this one ridiculous conspiracy theory going around that women, LGBTQ folks, and people of color don’t actually play videogames, and any criticism they bring up is not the legitimate concerns of dedicated fans and consumers, but rather a shadowy crusade by disinterested outsiders to destroy anything fun and make everything “politically correct” - for some as-yet-unknown (but clearly unacceptable) reason.
I know tons of black people who play video games so that one isn't true but the others are real.
Let's look at #women in games for proof.
What I like in Game Of Thrones, it’s that the women are so badass .
That's a TV show and a series of books, dipshit.
Yet another fine example of fairly competent writing (not groundbreaking) that was ruined by its retard fans.
I salute George RR Martin, though. Fairly above standard author with an original spin on an idea catapulted into millions. Good on him.
Notice I didn't say good author or original idea. Because he isn't and hasn't.

3
JUST… some GoT strong womens .
yeah…. i just love Arya
and Brienne.
okey….i like Sansa too.
Game of Thrones again--
I love these .5 second gif loops that might as well be a still image. Please, let's keep doing that.
Because, you know, if you're browsing imgur on your phone like I often am you might as well put a bullet in your brain now.
I can't wait until I can read what people think about the characters in my book.
I'm sure it'll bottom sore tumblr feminists.
I'm not about to be super edgy here and say that's my goal because it isn't. I'm just letting the cards fall where they land and I'm sure it'll end with them being offended.
Because unlike every industry in the world I'm not kowtowing to this demographic.
If you haven’t heard about this yet, last night the BBC aired a powerful documentary called Blurred Lines that explored casual misogyny online and rape culture.
>casual misogyny online
Listen, as a man who has spent 10+ years playing female characters you sometimes run into someone who assumes you're either a woman irl or you're incompetent because your character is a girl.
The important thing to know is:
1. you can use this to your advantage
2. you just need to get your murder on better than them and then that dispels all doubts.
Assassin's Creed Unity:*no playable female Assassins* 
I'm glad Ubisoft told everyone to go fuck off about this.
Also there's a gameplay reason for it.
Hyrule Warriors:*10 playable characters, 8 of them are women*
Male gamers:WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!?! There are too many girls in this game! What about us, the male fans? Why the female fans have more options? Women aren't interesting, if you don't include more men in the game then the story will become boring!
1. they're not done announcing the roster
2. no one is overreacting like this
You know looking at this tag I see why some game companies and real gamers are concerned. #women in games is 90% not video games.
I guess women think game of thrones, bitching about clothes and general bitchiness is video games.
Way to destroy that stereotype.
Lol blog about repairing female armor
NOT IN MY WORLD.

alright, i hope this isnt too off-topic, but this game has a female protagonist with a face that isn’t doll like, 
 Yeah it's about video games.
Stop that.
Dudes complain a lot about how men are objectified as much as women in games.
No one cares. We just say that because you fucking moan about how skinny and attractive women are in games. The common defense is "yeah and men are ripped" but unlike you no one is actually losing any sleep over it on the other side of the camp.
Would I want to play a video game with someone with my level of physical competency?
No. That game would be over the second Alduin lands and starts breathing fire on people.
Can we ever have a talk about sexism in the games/digital art industries without one or more dudes having a whine about how boring they find having this discussion?
Dear Those Dudes: Not EVERYTHING is done for the entertainment of men. Jesus.
Go ahead and have it all you like.
Just not with me.
Just like how everything isn't done to entertain me, you don't need me to have your little discussion.
See, if a woman (especially in battle) would wear something more comfortable and logical the world would explode. Right?
Yeah I need a lot of logic from my games where I can make pacts with demons and shoot fire out of my mouth.
Here's someone bitching about Soul of the Ultimate Nation's armor:
Even she looks like she doesn’t want to be there.
Sigh. Really? Do I really have to wear this?
Well she is in Soul of the Ultimate Nation so she probably doesn't want to be there.
I had a great time speaking to a packed house at High Point University in North Carolina about women in video games. 
lol HPU enjoy your overpriced shit.
Seriously if you don’t have a crush on any of these women, (straight, lesbian, bisexual etc)
Then you need to get your priorities sorted!
STOP FUCKING OPPRESSING ME JUST BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE WHITE WOMEN WITH MAN JAWS GOD HELP ME TRIGGER WARNING no but seriously you're out of your fucking mind.
Transformers Fans:why aren't there any girl transformers?
Hasbro:lol silly women. they are robots. alien robots. they don't have genders. why would there be girls? lol 
Fine argument to me but in fact Transformers did have girls.
Oh right I'm sorry I forgot no woman gave a shit about Transformers in the 80s and only leeched on when it was socially acceptable to be a nerd but they tortured you if you were one in high school.
My mistaaaaake~
[M]ale players who play female characters behave very differently than female players playing female characters, most tellingly in the way that they move. For some weird reason, they tend to “move backwards more often” and are more likely to physically distance themselves from the rest of their party. They also use a lot more smiling emoticons, tend to select more conventionally attractive avatars (duh), and jump around a lot more than female players — 116 times more on average, as a matter of fact.
>2014
>not distancing yourself from plebeians
the other shit is bullshit. I never jump unless I have to and I never go backwards because that would imply cowardice.
The research team thinks that this could be because many male players use female avatars so that other male players will be nicer to them (which is hilarious given the way that female players are treated in a lot of other multiplayer games), so jumping around is a way to hold their attention.
Lol not just picking girl characters to stare at their asses
why is everyone except me gay
If I see one more fucking picture of Natalie Dormer on this tag I'm out.
She's fucking weird looking. She's not hot.
There she is I'm out fuck the world.

No comments: